Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  MTG Commander's Arsenal ! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   MTG Commander's Arsenal !
CoupDeGrace
posted August 10, 2012 01:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
MSRP: $75
Release Date: Nov 2 2012

Sylvan library is reprinted!

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1035

[Edited 1 times, lastly by CoupDeGrace on August 10, 2012]

Pippincro
Banned
posted August 10, 2012 02:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pippincro Send a private message to Pippincro Click to send Pippincro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If there won't be a foil altered art Force of Will in there (or similar value card) I can see this becoming a big flop...
MSRP is insane.

WeedIan
posted August 10, 2012 02:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
SICK!

Foil Sylvan!

This package is awesome!

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Mr.C
posted August 10, 2012 02:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
The list of cards better be insane, because $75 is a LOT for a sealed, non-randomized product.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Mr.C on August 10, 2012]

mm1983
posted August 10, 2012 03:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:

SICK!
Foil Sylvan!

This package is awesome!

Legends Sylvan is still hotter imo.

CoupDeGrace
posted August 10, 2012 03:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mm1983:
Legends Sylvan is still hotter imo.

*CoupDeGrace like this*

caquaa
posted August 10, 2012 03:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Yah, I've got a bunch of LG Sylvans I might have to dump.... hrm.... maybe not. $75 is a lot of money for such a small amount of cards. I mean FTV sets are "$35" and have 15 cards, this has essentially 18 cards and some semi reasonable, yet ugly, life counters. The token things are trash. The oversized cards are worthless. Sleeves are sleeves. I'm sure there are bound to be more money cards printed, but it also looks like a few slots will be taken up by foil printings of previous commanders. I'd guess that the art shown is an alternate art command tower. Heres also a perfect place to release scavenging ooze...

either way... $75!!! bleh

MasterWolf
posted August 10, 2012 04:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
Sylvan, Command Tower, Scavenging Ooze is already $75 IMO.

AGO
posted August 10, 2012 04:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Why do they continue to print the over sized commander cards. Does anyone actually use these?

I agree $75 is insane for a product like this.

MagicPatty
posted August 10, 2012 05:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicPatty Click Here to Email MagicPatty Send a private message to MagicPatty Click to send MagicPatty an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MagicPatty's Have/Want ListView MagicPatty's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by MasterWolf:
Sylvan, Command Tower, Scavenging Ooze is already $75 IMO.

well, they would all go down a pinch as there would be more right?

That said, 75 bucks is a lot for a sealed product from Wizards. Non-randomized product and they want 75 dollars infers that they will put in some great cards to make it worth it. I mean, they put an MSRP of 35 of the FTV boxes and they were just about all worthwhile, and are worth more sealed a few years later...
Perhaps this set will be a compilation of several rares and mythics that are the staples of the format. Sylvan Library is a great start. Perhaps we get a slew of great commons and uncommons along with 10 or 15 rares / mythics that are currently going for about 10 bucks?

just a thought

stab107
posted August 10, 2012 05:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I was expecting something more along the lines of the Deckbuilder's Toolkit. Instead, WotC produced great disappointment on my end. I don't care for foils, oversized cards, limited sleeves you will not be able to replace (seriously?), and useless tokens/counters. The life counter is neat, that's about it. For casual players like myself this product is likely a big disappointment. For collectors or dudes who like to "pimp out" their decks, great success. I think WotC would have had better success going after the casual market but time will tell. They sure as hell aren't getting my $75 for this stuff :/.

Hooskdaddy
posted August 10, 2012 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The only way to make it conceivably worth it would be to print cards important to the format that havent been printed in foil yet. And still thats going to be a stretch.

bstrom213
Banned
posted August 10, 2012 07:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bstrom213 Click Here to Email bstrom213 Send a private message to bstrom213 Click to send bstrom213 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This thing is going to be a huge hit, you are all gonna be taking a second mortgage if you have a chance to buy these at msrp a few months after its release.

iccarus
posted August 10, 2012 07:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by bstrom213:
This thing is going to be a huge hit, you are all gonna be taking a second mortgage if you have a chance to buy these at msrp a few months after its release.

While I admit it will probably be popular, I will reserve going crazy on buying them up until I get a full list of the cards being included.

EDIT: Missed the limited release BS. There goes any plans of getting this at MSRP.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by iccarus on August 10, 2012]

rats60
posted August 10, 2012 08:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
From the Vault Exiled started at over 100 and has never been less than 75. From the Vault Relics was 75+ on release. This set will easily be worth buying. Remember that dealers will only be paying ~40.00, so you may be able to buy it for less than MSRP online if the list isn't ridiculous. People are just upset that they won't be able to buy it for 35.00 and instantly make 100%-200% profit like FTV sets.

hilikuS
posted August 10, 2012 08:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
Looks super meh to me.

iccarus
posted August 10, 2012 08:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by rats60:
From the Vault Exiled started at over 100 and has never been less than 75. From the Vault Relics was 75+ on release. This set will easily be worth buying. Remember that dealers will only be paying ~40.00, so you may be able to buy it for less than MSRP online if the list isn't ridiculous. People are just upset that they won't be able to buy it for 35.00 and instantly make 100%-200% profit like FTV sets.

I have no doubt that stores will have an easy time selling this. Many of them will likely start it at well above MSRP, which is annoying but understandable.

The only that interests me is how many of the commanders from the decks released last summer will be foiled in here. I gave up on pimping decks awhile back, but I still like to have foil commanders. Picking up at least Karador and Damia in foil would make me happy.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by iccarus on August 10, 2012]

MasterWolf
posted August 10, 2012 08:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
Foil Mimeoplasm confirmed. I will say, if it's a bunch of legends in foil, it'll not be as great. I want staples like Volrath's Stronghold and Scavenging Ooze!

stu55
posted August 10, 2012 10:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bstrom213:

Outrageous claims are outrageous

We have one card...so much more to wait on

MasterWolf
posted August 10, 2012 10:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:
Outrageous claims are outrageous

We have one card...so much more to wait on

ectomanic
posted August 10, 2012 10:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
with mimeoplasm confirmed i would guess the rest of the commander generals would be in there so that would take up 12 of the 18 cards. also with sylvan library and what looks like command tower it leaves only 4 spots open.

if thats what this turns out to have i wont be getting one of these. to much junk.

stu55
posted August 10, 2012 10:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ectomanic:
with mimeoplasm confirmed i would guess the rest of the commander generals would be in there so that would take up 12 of the 18 cards. also with sylvan library and what looks like command tower it leaves only 4 spots open.

if thats what this turns out to have i wont be getting one of these. to much junk.

that sounds like a terrible guess and you are just firing shots with a blindfold on

ectomanic
posted August 10, 2012 12:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
it probably is a horrible guess but when i saw mimeoplasm thats what immediatly came to mind.

daner
posted August 10, 2012 12:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
WOTC is already lying to us about this product....it says it comes with 18 cards. After confirmed mimeoplasm I say it's at best 17 cards now.

This thing better have Volrath's Stronghold, Sylvan Library, Gaea's Cradle, and something else for a starting price of $75.

I3Iood
posted August 10, 2012 12:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daner:
WOTC is already lying to us about this product....it says it comes with 18 cards. After confirmed mimeoplasm I say it's at best 17 cards now.

What?

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League