Magic Discussion
  Calling All MOTLers!! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Calling All MOTLers!!
Jazaray
posted November 26, 2012 04:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone!

So, as you all know we have a returning ripper problem. Mr. John Strickland has returned and ripped over and over again. I'd like to ask that those of you with Have/Want lists, and/or Trade Auction, Sales and Buy lists post a warning on your lists in hopes that more people will see it.

It's not a requirement or anything, just a request to help protect everyone.

His information is:

John Strickland
apt 705 - 1971 St.Laurent Blvd
Ottawa, Ontario
K1G 3P8
Canada

Other known Addys:

Yann Gagnon
1274 rue des ardennes
quebec, QC, G1N 1K1
Canada

matt firestone
22 zokol crescent
kanata ontario
k2k 2k4

Other known names:

John Austin Strickland
Austin Strickland
Jon Strickland
Jonathon Strickland
J. Austin S.
Jack Strickland

Ebay accounts:

Lithium-Zero
indentation12

Or you could just post a simple warning with a link to his CBTL listing: http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000751.html

Anything to try and stop this idiot.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Melaleuca, go ahead, ask me what it is...

[Edited 4 times, lastly by Jazaray on January 04, 2014]

Link139232
posted November 26, 2012 04:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Link139232 Click Here to Email Link139232 Send a private message to Link139232 Click to send Link139232 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to him realizing the error of his ways?

I thought he turned over a new leaf when he returned everyone's stuff.

Sad :/

I've been personally ripped by him, so I will help spread the word.

Jazaray
posted November 26, 2012 04:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Link139232:
Whatever happened to him realizing the error of his ways?

I thought he turned over a new leaf when he returned everyone's stuff.

Sad :/

I've been personally ripped by him, so I will help spread the word.

Yeah, I thought so too, but apparently, he's an ass.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

Volcanon
posted November 26, 2012 05:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Somebody should give the RCMP a call? If there's multiple complainants the police usually haul more ass than otherwise. Also, you have his house address, so the detective can do more than just google the guy and give up.

daner
posted November 26, 2012 05:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
The nerve of people these days....never been involved in a transaction w the guy but thanks for the warning. I'll pass it on.

dwiz
posted November 26, 2012 06:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
Surely someone has called the police on him before? Is it a kid? Hopefully he'll never get a real job due to everyone googling names/addys before hiring.

AGO
posted November 26, 2012 07:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
Surely someone has called the police on him before? Is it a kid? Hopefully he'll never get a real job due to everyone googling names/addys before hiring.

I don't think Mcdonalds does that.

AEther Storm
posted November 27, 2012 05:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
Good call Jazz, I'll post a link on my list to this one.

Strickland. Isn't that the name of the bad guy in X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't
mind." -Dr. Seuss

Vegas10
posted November 27, 2012 05:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
done, Hopefully alot of members do this wish they would catch idiots like this a prosecute them.

psrex
posted November 27, 2012 06:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've added a more general variant:

quote:

Please remember to trade safely:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021766.html

Especially this suggestion:

1. Always search the Bad Trader Alert and Confirmed Bad Traders lists, using http://forums.magictraders.com/search.cgi?action=intro&default=3 Don't just search for a name or email address as both are easily changed. Always begin your search with the last name, street name, city and zip code, then see if the address of the person you are trading with is in one of the search results. One reason for this is that a ripper may intentionally misspell a city and/or street name or swap a couple digits in the zip code, relying on the postal service to catch the mistake and deliver it while not getting caught on a BTA/CBT search. When searching, do NOT use the "Search by User Name" option. This will only find posts that the specified username has posted on. Many rippers never respond to their own BTA threads, so this option isn't very effective. Use the "Search Words:" box, and type their username in there for more complete results.

Help keep MOTL a good place to trade.

If enough people do this, hopefully this will instill good trading habits for newer members.

stinkinogre
posted November 27, 2012 07:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stinkinogre Click Here to Email stinkinogre Send a private message to stinkinogre Click to send stinkinogre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
@ aether storm. You are thinking william striker I believe.

@ Jaz hopefully something comes from this. Has anyone searched local game stores, called and put out a " hey this guy might play at your store?"

AlmostGrown
posted November 27, 2012 07:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Why hasn't anyone that's been ripped by him call his local police yet?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AlmostGrown on November 27, 2012]

Myy
posted November 27, 2012 08:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
Why hasn't anyone that's been ripped by him call his local police yet?

Yeah I kind of have the same question, if this person has ripped say 30+ people, why doesn't somebody organize a way of everybody contacting local police and explaining how he is committing mail fraud.

I don't know the exact monetary value of all the cards he's kept, but the more it is, the more the police will be inclined to do something about it.

B14ckM4g3
posted November 27, 2012 10:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the world of mail fraud and red tape.

If everyone chips in and pays for a ticket for me to go there, I'll kick his ass hard. Can't afford it myself, but I have no problem resorting to violence.

Glacier14
posted November 27, 2012 11:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Glacier14 Click Here to Email Glacier14 Send a private message to Glacier14 Click to send Glacier14 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll check with some of the Ottawa area gamers I know about this guy. Chances are the name is a fake though, or he doesn't frequent the popular shops/tournament scene. The first couple of guys I spoke with have never heard of him.

D'Shay
posted November 27, 2012 02:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for D'Shay Click Here to Email D'Shay Send a private message to D'Shay Click to send D'Shay an Instant MessageVisit D'Shay's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AEther Storm:

Strickland. Isn't that the name of the bad guy in X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

Strickland is the "bald guy" in back to the future that hassels Marty...

maybe that is what you thought, as that is what I thought..maybe not

Heresy19
posted November 28, 2012 07:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
Done

Edit: His St-Laurent Blv addy is like a 10mins car ride from me (the kanata one is more like 30 mins). If he stills rips people off gimme all your proofs and I'll go to the Ottawa and/or Gatineau Police Department to open a file.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Heresy19 on November 28, 2012]

Myy
posted November 28, 2012 07:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy19:
Done

Edit: His St-Laurent Blv addy is like a 10mins car ride from me (the kanata one is more like 30 mins). If he stills rips people off gimme all your proofs and I'll go to the Ottawa and/or Gatineau Police Department to open a file.

I'm very intrigued. what do you mean by done?

revenger
posted November 28, 2012 07:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Added this to h/w list.

32nd in refs on Motl!

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Sites NOT recommended for MTG trading: Mtgsalvation.com (Ripped), Deckbox.org (ripped)

Heresy19
posted November 28, 2012 08:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Myy:
I'm very intrigued. what do you mean by done?

LOL :P

I added his infos on my H/W

Myy
posted November 28, 2012 09:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy19:
LOL :P

I added his infos on my H/W

Aww man, I though you actually did something like talk to him or met him at your local gamestore or something.

AEther Storm
posted November 29, 2012 11:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by stinkinogre:
@ aether storm. You are thinking william striker I believe.

That's the one. Darn I was close.

quote:
Originally posted by D'Shay:
Strickland is the "bald guy" in back to the future that hassels Marty...

maybe that is what you thought, as that is what I thought..maybe not

Nope, is not what I thought, but that explains were Strickland came from.
Thanks for clearing that up

So anybody caught this guy yet? I suppose MOTL should secretly host the first-annual Rippers convention, for all rippers to come and share their ripping experiences.
Then when they're all inside we close the doors on them, shut them in for 3 days while the song 'It's a small world after all' continuesly playes.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't
mind." -Dr. Seuss

Heresy19
posted November 29, 2012 06:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Myy:
Aww man, I though you actually did something like talk to him or met him at your local gamestore or something.

I don't play at Wizard's Tower (that's where I've heard he's playing) but like I said, i could open a file for fraud at the local Police Departement in both cities (Gatineau and Ottawa)

Jazaray
posted January 01, 2013 06:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that this idea is working out very well! Already had a brandy new member PM me with a new hacked account because he saw John's addy on someone's list! Keep it up!

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

thror
posted January 01, 2013 06:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So, why arent we fixing the exploit that is letting this asshat hack accounts?

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

[19:01] <nderEvo> you can delete yourself

This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League