Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Post for the Magic Stuff #83, two more until Ocho Cinco (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Post for the Magic Stuff #83, two more until Ocho Cinco
WeedIan
posted September 01, 2013 06:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:Originally posted by Mentalistic:
I sent first because I am new and now I lost all my spending money and my faith in this website.

This kind of stuff irritates me, why would anyone send first to someone who has nearly as few refs who already was posted on the BTA before this 2nd BTA.

What i said in the last one

Funny thing is he has a whole 6 refs and people are sending him things like FBB Underground SEA.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

[Edited 1 times, lastly by WeedIan on September 01, 2013]

chaos021
posted September 01, 2013 07:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
No, I was not being sarcastic about Thoughtseize.

Also, comparing it to using shock lands doesn't seem parallel.

Pail42
posted September 01, 2013 08:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
Funny thing is he has a whole 6 refs and people are sending him things like FBB Underground SEA.

Yeah. I read that the other day and was amazed at how much he managed to rip people for.

WeedIan
posted September 01, 2013 08:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
Yeah. I read that the other day and was amazed at how much he managed to rip people for.

What's funny is he was posted as a bad trader less than a month ago by me.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario

jbark
posted September 02, 2013 12:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
I missed something. Who is this bad trader we are speaking of?

Bruised
posted September 02, 2013 01:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bruised Click Here to Email Bruised Send a private message to Bruised Click to send Bruised an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Bruised's Have/Want ListView Bruised's Have/Want List
quote:
What's funny is he was posted as a bad trader less than a month ago by me.

Its actually a played Beta Underground Sea, so about 3-4x as bad as you were thinking. That's real tough, but seriously 2k to a guy who had recently been flagged for bad trading, there are a lot of trusting people in the world.

KGtheLegend
posted September 02, 2013 01:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KGtheLegend Click Here to Email KGtheLegend Send a private message to KGtheLegend Click to send KGtheLegend an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bruised:
Its actually a played Beta Underground Sea, so about 3-4x as bad as you were thinking. That's real tough, but seriously 2k to a guy who had recently been flagged for bad trading, there are a lot of trusting people in the world.

2K is enough to warrant a visit to his house imo...

WeedIan
posted September 02, 2013 11:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
It is worth trying to sell M14 Game day Champ playmats on here or should i try locally?

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario

JoshSherman
posted September 03, 2013 12:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is worth trying to sell M14 Game day Champ playmats on here or should i try locally?

The one with Chandra on it? I may be interested. Do you have a price in mind?

Or, potentially even better, weren't you looking for some Unglued lands? We could possibly work out a trade.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by JoshSherman on September 03, 2013]

WeedIan
posted September 03, 2013 01:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by JoshSherman:
The one with Chandra on it? I may be interested. Do you have a price in mind?

Or, potentially even better, weren't you looking for some Unglued lands? We could possibly work out a trade.

I'm going by Ebay finished right now because i can't find any store selling them at this time.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario

harbingerofthevoid
posted September 03, 2013 05:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
I hate when people quit because they don't understand Humility.

choco man
posted September 03, 2013 07:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by harbingerofthevoid:
I hate when people quit because they don't understand Humility.

This is for casual, correct?

fluffycow
posted September 04, 2013 08:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fluffycow Click Here to Email fluffycow Send a private message to fluffycow Click to send fluffycow an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Would scratches on foils automatically make put it in the moderately played condition?

stu55
posted September 04, 2013 10:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stu55's Have/Want ListView stu55's Have/Want List
For those that have opened stores, what is the best way to find retail locations for rent?

walkerdog
posted September 04, 2013 10:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:
For those that have opened stores, what is the best way to find retail locations for rent?

This is probably something you know, but most places have property managers - call around to the various ones, ask about open locations and prices. Otherwise, it's a matter of "knowing someone" for a particularly sweetheart deal (or for a building that doesn't have a property manager).

WeedIan
posted September 04, 2013 05:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/005439.html

So for this one, i was messaged by multiple people who i told that this person seemed sketchy even though my deal (which was $15 for 2 shocks) went fine.

I don't understand why people were sending hundreds of dollars to this member with 1 ref first.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario

jbark
posted September 04, 2013 05:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Because sir people need to start somewhere. As you can tell only one person sent a gift payment so the rest of us took the precaution to pay the fees and we will get our money back.

chaos021
posted September 04, 2013 05:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/005439.html

So for this one, i was messaged by multiple people who i told that this person seemed sketchy even though my deal (which was $15 for 2 shocks) went fine.

I don't understand why people were sending hundreds of dollars to this member with 1 ref first.

+1

I understand common sense says that you probably aren't going to get your cards, but these guys essentially (except the OP) came out of the wood work to lynch this dude internet-style. They haven't even allowed a mod to do their job or allow for a response from the accused, but people are already filing claims and such. It would be kinda funny if some of them received packages some time in the near future.

On another note, are there rules on filing Paypal claims before a BTA has been settled one way or the other?

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by jbark:
Because sir people need to start somewhere. As you can tell only one person sent a gift payment so the rest of us took the precaution to pay the fees and we will get our money back.

So you start with hundreds of dollars?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by chaos021 on September 04, 2013]

jbark
posted September 04, 2013 06:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Knowing that I would get refunded I had no issues attempting to buy. As did others. And with the way these cards are worth so much how can you not deal in $100+ deals? Most people need them or want to sell them. Again you have to start somewhere and with full protection I was willing to help. I have bought and traded from many < 10 ref people. Some just don't work out. I bought $300 off iPLANESWALK and he got banned later. You never know when or if someone will do it but its the risk you take to make a buck.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by jbark on September 04, 2013]

chaos021
posted September 04, 2013 06:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
When did he get banned???

jbark
posted September 04, 2013 06:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Sorry wrong guy it was SDPlaneswalker. Just did a quick from memory. Nothing against iPLANESWALK.

WeedIan
posted September 04, 2013 08:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Just because someone is banned doesn't mean they were ever a ripper.

I've been on the edge of the cliff a couple times

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario

Vegas10
posted September 05, 2013 05:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
So wotc has increased GP payouts, and have scaled the payments based on the size of the gp (pay out to more people). Glad they have seen that this was needed. Also got rifd of Sat registration, which was also needed to get these things to start on time, so day 1 doesn't last till 1 am.

nderdog
posted September 05, 2013 07:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Great, Portland gets another GP, and it's a team sealed event. At least this one isn't over Mother's Day so I can at least go to hang out.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

AEther Storm
posted September 05, 2013 07:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
quote:
I've been on the edge of the cliff a couple times

What was the view like?

building Legacy Mill (yeah I know..), expect a tourney report within 2 weeks (not this weekend, but the next is when the tourney is).

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League