Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Vanishing 3-Card Blind Tournament, Round 1 (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Vanishing 3-Card Blind Tournament, Round 1
yakusoku
posted November 10, 2012 10:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
3-Card Blind (3CB) is a very unique game.
The rules are as follows:
* Your deck is composed of 3 cards, all of which start in your hand.
* You have no library (technically, the library exists, but starts at 0 cards) and no sideboard (Wishes fetch nothing).
* Random effects always go against the owner of the card.
* You can see your opponent's hand, so you can always make the best possible play.
* You don't lose as a result of not being able to draw a card.
* You will play each opponent twice, once going first, once going second.
* For each win, you score 3.
* For each draw, you score 1.
* For each loss, you get nothing.
* A subgame played with the card Shahrazad will result in an incomplete game and both players will receive ZERO points, since the main game cannot be resumed. Neither player loses or draws, so neither player earns any points.
* Other than the aforementioned, EVERYTHING IS HANDLED EXACTLY LIKE A REAL GAME OF MAGIC!
Remember, it is important for your deck to include a way to cast your cards! (Lands, artifact mana, pitch cards, etc.)
If you want to play PM me a message in this format.
Subject should include "Vanishing 3-Card Blind" (Just click on the little PM icon above my post and it should work out that way.)
Card #1
Card #2
Card #3

Be sure you really are happy with your deck before you submit. Once you send in a deck, there is no changing it except in the case of an illegal entry.
Please make every effort to spell your card names correctly. It makes it easier for everyone. Thanks.
The "Vanishing" part is the twist. To start off with, only Unglued, Unhinged and Ante cards are banned. After each round, the 3 cards in the winning deck plus any cards in more than 1/3 of the decks played will be banned for all future rounds. Any lands that only provide mana are exempted from the banning rules.

--------------Current banned list--------------

NOTHING!

--------------End of Banning list--------------

I will try and post a new round every Sunday, allow submissions through Monday, reveal deck lists first thing on Tuesday and review results posted over the weekend.

NO MISE DECKS!

Any deck submitted MUST have some win condition. Any deck that can do no better than a draw against any possible deck will be rejected. A deck that can't win any game is mathematically eliminated from winning the round, and thus would just be taking a chance to win away from someone who could actually have a shot.

ALL players will assist in judging. The way this will work is that after the submission period is over, After all decks are revealed, judge your own deck against every other deck (going first and going second). Post your findings here in this thread. They will be reviewed by everyone for accuracy. Once a winner is determined the winners deck will be added to the banned list and the next round will begin. Repeated failure to do your own scoring will result in suspensions!

Edit to add:

1) We will only be using cards from Standard. I know some veterans of the game will gripe and say that Standard is awful in general and worse when you can only use three cards, and you won't get to use your broken decks like Black Lotus, Black Vise, Balance. However, the smaller card pool is less intimidating to newer players and less mental strain to us all. We can change the format soon.

2) Instead of the normal 40+ weeks that I normally try to drag out the tournament, with no clear winner until our numbers diminish into nothing, we will instead be running each round for only 10 weeks, and at the end declare a winner. If you don't like Standard, wait 10 weeks and we'll have a new format. I'd even be willing to put the next format to a popular vote (sorry, no electoral college in this game) and see what most people would like to play. There will be a clear-cut winner after 10 weeks AND the play will rotate more often than usual, so it doesn't get stale.

3) Due to the limitations of the Standard pool, I don't want to restrict everyone to boring decks like Plains, Dryad Militant, Dryad Militant versus Mountain, Pillar of Flame, Rakdos Cackler. So, instead, just for this round, there will be a major alteration of the rules:

Each turn, you may put a token land onto the battlefield on your side. This counts as your land for the turn. If a token land leaves play for any reason, it ceases to exist. The ONLY lands you may play this way are the five basic (non-Snow Covered) lands available in Standard - Forest, Island, Mountain, Plains, Swamp.

You are free to play with other non-basic lands, but these will count towards your three cards in your deck if you do so.

Decklists:

1. yakusoku

Laboratory Maniac
Mizzium Skin
Thought Scour

2. dfitzg88

Pillar of Flame
Liliana of the Veil
Invisible Stalker

3. bushe

laboratory maniac
izzet charm
memory's journey

4. Dimh

Pack Rat
Veilborn Ghoul
Duress

5. junichi

Mind Rot
Liliana of the Veil
Vraska the Unseen

6. Heresy19

Fog Bank
Cavern of Souls
Door to Nothingness

7. MeddlingMage

Gravecrawler
Gravecrawler
Gravecrawler

8. ryan2754

Laboratory Maniac
Unburial Rites
Dissipate

9. mattw

Shrieking Affliction
Abrupt Decay
Palisade Giant

10. LemonMeringue

Laboratory Maniac
Izzet Charm
Counterflux

11. AGO

Laboratory Maniac
Laboratory Maniac
Laboratory Maniac

12. ectomanic

veilborn ghoul
lotleth troll
duress

13. S14sh3r

Duress
Izzet Charm
Laboratory Maniac

14. MAB_Rapper

Thragtusk
Thragtusk
Conjurer's Closet

15. pugowar

Rancor
Slumbering Dragon
Increasing Savagery

16. Bugger

Moorland Haunt
Misthollow Griffin
Detention Sphere

17. tritoch

Duress
Duress
Laboratory Maniac

18. FleeceItOut

Liliana of the Veil
Unburial Rites
Angel of Serenity

19. Myy

Vraska the Unseen
Thragtusk
Abrupt Decay

20. WCFmo

Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
Abrupt Decay
Syncopate

21. wayne

Ravenous Rats
Mind Rot
Vraska, the Unseen

[Edited 10 times, lastly by yakusoku on November 13, 2012]

LemonMeringue
posted November 10, 2012 01:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
I am really looking forward to Tuesday dang

ectomanic
posted November 10, 2012 04:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
are there going to be limitations on card pool? i ask because other thread made it seem it was only standard but thats not in the above rules. niether is there any statement about token lands, is that going to be used here?

AGO
posted November 10, 2012 04:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by ectomanic:
are there going to be limitations on card pool? i ask because other thread made it seem it was only standard but thats not in the above rules. niether is there any statement about token lands, is that going to be used here?

I want to know this also.

LemonMeringue
posted November 10, 2012 04:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
Yeah this is Standard, you get to play a token land each turn.

Bugger
posted November 10, 2012 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonMeringue:
Yeah this is Standard, you get to play a token land each turn.

wait what

I need to change my decklist then, i thought we had to provide our own mana source.

yakusoku
posted November 10, 2012 05:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the confusion, folks. I edited the OP and I am allowing certain people to resubmit a deck if you were truly confused.

To reiterate:

- The decks can only use Standard legal cards.

- You get a free basic land every turn, so you probably don't want to include lands in your three cards.

Bugger
posted November 10, 2012 05:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yakusoku:
Sorry for the confusion, folks. I edited the OP and I am allowing certain people to resubmit a deck if you were truly confused.

To reiterate:

- The decks can only use Standard legal cards.

- You get a free basic land every turn, so you probably don't want to include lands in your three cards.

S'alright, my fault for not reading. Man, and I was proud of the deck I came up with, too

yakusoku
posted November 10, 2012 05:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bugger:
S'alright, my fault for not reading. Man, and I was proud of the deck I came up with, too

It was definitely interesting given the constraints of including a land within the three.

Bugger
posted November 11, 2012 02:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yakusoku:
It was definitely interesting given the constraints of including a land within the three.

I'm definitely submitting it when we get back to that restriction (if we do, that is). I like trying to attack the metagame sideways.

New decklist submitted. Tried to cook something up that can race all but the fastest and ignore all attempts at disruption.

FleeceItOut
posted November 12, 2012 01:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for FleeceItOut Click Here to Email FleeceItOut Send a private message to FleeceItOut Click to send FleeceItOut an Instant MessageVisit FleeceItOut's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
havent played in a long time i'll try it out

Bugger
posted November 12, 2012 01:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So are submissions closing tonight?

yakusoku
posted November 12, 2012 02:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yes. Midnight PST is the last possible moment to submit a deck.

wayne
posted November 12, 2012 11:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
Wooo, think I made it with 12 minutes to spare!

yakusoku
posted November 13, 2012 08:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The decklists have been posted.

You may use other formats as well, but this one is a must. Also PLEASE make sure you use the proper deck number for your deck. Replace the '?' on the bottom line with the number next to your name on the decklist.

Scoring:

Play your deck against each other deck twice, once with you going first, once with them going first. Always remember that each deck is to be played perfectly.

For each of the 2 games, score 3 points if your deck wins or 1 point if the game is a draw, with no points for a loss.

Some examples:
2 wins (WW) is 6 points.
A win and a draw (WD) is 4 points.
A win and a loss (WL) is 3 points.
2 draws (DD) is 2 points.
A draw and a loss (DL) is 1 point.
2 losses (LL) is 0 points.

Plug YOUR deck number into the ? below the ##, and your score against each deck into the other slots.

Do not play your deck against itself. Just enter an 'x' in the chart under your deck number.

Please copy-and-paste the following code into your Message box in order to assist you with scoring:

code:

## 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 TOTAL
?? 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 XX

Bugger
posted November 13, 2012 08:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Interesting. I completely forgot about Laboratory Maniac.

I also expected much more graveyard hate and/or exile-based removal.

Definitely expected lots of Vraska, though.

Scoring to come later, obv

LemonMeringue
posted November 13, 2012 08:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
code:
code:

10 6 6 3 6 2 6 6 6 6 XX 06 06 03 06 06 06 03 06 06 04 06 105

1. yakusoku - WW On the play, I just play lab maniac. On the draw, I blow his up with izzet charm if he plays it turn 3, if he plays it later I counterflux it.

Laboratory Maniac
Mizzium Skin
Thought Scour

2. dfitzg88 WW - On the play: counterflux liliana, play Lab Maniac turn 5. On the draw Izzet charm liliana, wait until turn 6 for counterflux backup.

Pillar of Flame
Liliana of the Veil
Invisible Stalker

3. bushe - WL On the play I just win the race. On the draw, he plays lab maniac turn 3, I have to izzet charm it. Memory's charm eventually lets him win.

laboratory maniac
izzet charm
memory's journey

4. Dimh - WW - Duress can catch izzet charm, but pack rats can't race lab maniac.

Pack Rat
Veilborn Ghoul
Duress

5. junichi - DD - I counter mind rot and vraska, liliana takes out lab maniac and spends the rest of eternity playing with herself

Mind Rot
Liliana of the Veil
Vraska the Unseen

6. Heresy19 - WW - Door is way too slow for lab maniac

Fog Bank
Cavern of Souls
Door to Nothingness

7. MeddlingMage - WW - Gravecrawlers are too slow too

Gravecrawler
Gravecrawler
Gravecrawler

8. ryan2754 - WW On the play, I just wait until turn 5 and drop my lab maniac. If he ever tries to play his I can just counterflux it. Unburial Rites is too slow. Turn 5, he doesn't have 2 mana to pay for izzet charm on dissipate. On the draw, he can't play lab maniac until turn 6 or I just blow it up with izzet charm and then drop mine. If he plays it turn 6, I can just counterflux it and then he doesn't have 2 mana to pay for izzet charm vs. dissipate, so he has to wait until turn 8. If he plays lab maniac turn 8, i just let it resolve. Play my own lab maniac on my turn, counterflux his dissipate, and then izzet charm for the win.

Laboratory Maniac
Unburial Rites
Dissipate

9. mattw - WW - I just wait until turn 5 so I don't have to worry about abrupt decay.

Shrieking Affliction
Abrupt Decay
Palisade Giant

10. LemonMeringue

Laboratory Maniac
Izzet Charm
Counterflux

11. AGO - WW - On the play mine comes out first, on the draw I izzet charm his first one.

Laboratory Maniac
Laboratory Maniac
Laboratory Maniac

12. ectomanic - WW - Duress can't grab lab maniac, the rest of the list is too slow

veilborn ghoul
lotleth troll
duress

13. S14sh3r - WL - I like the way you think

Duress
Izzet Charm
Laboratory Maniac

14. MAB_Rapper - WW - Way too slow, T3 lab maniac wins by itself.

Thragtusk
Thragtusk
Conjurer's Closet

15. pugowar - WW - Dragon is too slow

Rancor
Slumbering Dragon
Increasing Savagery

16. Bugger - WW - I just wait until turn 5 so I can izzet charm.

Moorland Haunt
Misthollow Griffin
Detention Sphere

17. tritoch - WL - We trade spells and whoever plays maniac first wins

Duress
Duress
Laboratory Maniac

18. FleeceItOut - WW - Counterflux/izzet charm vs. liliana, the angel/unburial rites is too slow

Liliana of the Veil
Unburial Rites
Angel of Serenity

19. Myy - WW - T5 lab maniac izzet charm too good

Vraska the Unseen
Thragtusk
Abrupt Decay

20. WCFmo - WD I have inevitability on the play. When I get 8 mana, I go lab maniac, counterflux the syncopate, then pass with 2 mana. On the draw, he can play t4 sorin, which forces me to counterflux, and he forces a draw.

Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
Abrupt Decay
Syncopate

21. wayne - WW - On the play, I discard whatever to ravenous rats and drop lab maniac t3. On the draw, I discard the counterflux t2, and then t3 if he tries to mind rot, I izzet charm it and play lab maniac on my turn. If he doesn't mind rot, I just play lab maniac.

Ravenous Rats
Mind Rot
Vraska, the Unseen

[Edited 5 times, lastly by LemonMeringue on November 13, 2012]

bushe
posted November 13, 2012 09:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bushe Click Here to Email bushe Send a private message to bushe Click to send bushe an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bushe's Have/Want ListView bushe's Have/Want List
code:

03 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 TOTAL
03 3 6 X 6 4 6 6 4 6 03 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 02 06 106

against yaku I am WL, whoever plays first wins

against dfitszg88 I am WW because lili can't come out until turn 5 when I can ignore her

XX

against dimh I am WW because I slam maniac on 3 and win on 4

junichi WD on the play you play mind rot turn 3, I charm it and then cast journey to draw it my turn 4. Then you either play lili into charm (which lets me win by fb journey and waiting) or do nothing where I can maniac + charm. On the draw you rot on 3 I discard journey + maniac. If you lili on 4 then I charm it, If not I do nothing. Turn 5 you play lili and force discard and then just keep doing that to force the draw.

Heresy19 WW no attacking

Meddling Mage WW

ryan2754 WD On the play I wait until turn 5 and slam maiac with charm for dissipate. On the draw you wait until turn 6 to play your maniac. I izzet charm your maniac. you dissipate my charm (if you don't I kill your guy 3 times and we draw). Then I can cast my maniac and shuffle disspiate back to your deck so I will draw out first. So it is WD.

mattw WW you kill my maniac once but then I get it back with journey

lemonmeringue WL this one gets harry but whoever goes first wins

AGO WW when you are on the play I kill your first maniac and play mine

ectomaniac WW

S14sh3r WW - with me on the play you lead with duress taking charm. I then put that on top of my deck and we wait until turn 5 when I win via the mexican standoff (you have charm + maniac and so do i - this leads to whoever goes first wins). When you are on the play duress takes charm. Then I journey to get charm back. If you play maniac before turn 5 I charm it and win, if not then I play maniac on turn 3, you charm it, I charm your guy and then flashback journey to win.

MAB_Rapper - WW

pugowar - WW

bugger - WW, wait until 5 and maniac + charm

tritoch - WW, duress both my cards but the flashback on journey still gets a charm to kill your maniac

FleeceItOut - WW, you have to wait till turn 5 to play lili and then you can only +1 so I respond with maniac + charm to instant win

Myy - WW you decay the maniac first time and then I wait for turn 5 to win at instant speed after journey

WCFmo - DD *edited* I don't think you can play sorin without giving me an opening to cast maniac through a syncopate. If the maniac doesn't get exiled I get it back with journey so you just wait for me to cast and then syncopate and I wait for you.

wayne - WW you play rats, discard journey. play mind rot which I will charm and then I play maniac and win.

[Edited 3 times, lastly by bushe on November 13, 2012]

walkerdog
posted November 13, 2012 09:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by bushe:

code:

03 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 TOTAL
03 3 6 X 6 4 0 0 0 0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 XX

against yaku I am WL, whoever plays first wins.

against dfitszg88 I am WW because lili can't come out until turn 5 when I can ignore her

XX

against dimh I am WW because I slam maniac on 3 and win on 4

junichi WD on the play you play mind rot turn 3, I charm it and then cast journey to draw it my turn 4. Then you either play lili into charm (which lets me win by fb journey and waiting) or do nothing where I can maniac + charm. On the draw you rot on 3 I discard journey + maniac. If you lili on 4 then I charm it, If not I do nothing. Turn 5 you play lili and force discard and then just keep doing that to force the draw.

more to come

You should be WW vs Yaku I believe... on the draw, if he plays T3 maniac, you charm it, then play your dude a turn later and win?
Against Dfitz you can't protect your Maniac from Pillar, which exiles it. I think you're actually LL to him.

walkerdog
posted November 13, 2012 09:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
EDIT you are correct Lemon.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by walkerdog on November 13, 2012]

walkerdog
posted November 13, 2012 09:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
Bushe vs Juni seems more like a loss for you on the draw Bushe: He will play vraska at some point, +1 her a few time, then melt you with assassins.

LemonMeringue
posted November 13, 2012 09:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
AGO T1: Island
Me T1: Island
AGO T2: Island
Me T2: Mountain
AGO T3: Island, Lab Maniac. I EOT Izzet Charm
Me T3: Plains, Lab Maniac.
AGO T4: Swamp, Lab Maniac.
Me T5: Win game

Izzet charm is instant speed

Edit: walkerdog thanks for helpin with checking scoring, but you might want to just edit one big post and put them all together instead of making a bunch of posts

Edit 2: for bushe vs. yaku, on the play, Yaku waits until t4 to play lab maniac.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by LemonMeringue on November 13, 2012]

MAB_Rapper
posted November 13, 2012 09:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Send a private message to MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
code:

14 0 1 0 0 0 6 6 0 6 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 25

Well, I auto lose to any Lab Maniac. So I will be skipping any explanation with those.

2) DL 1 - On the play, I will have 1 Thragtusk left before I am forced to discard it. I sac it and get a 3/3. He has to block next turn and force me to sac the token. On the draw, bleh.

4) LL 0 - Duress FTL

5) LL 0 - Too much discard

6) WW 6 - I have enough damage to get through before he can activate Door.

7) WW 6 - On the play, I am at 8 when I drop my first THragtusk. On the draw, I'm at 2 and go to 7. Pretty easy from there.

9) WW 6 - I don't see anyway I lose this when I gain more life than I lose from Aflliction.

12) LL 0 - Can't beat a Troll without Closet.

15) LL 0 - Not beating that.

16) WW 6 - His Griffin can not beat 1 Thragtusk. I don't play anything else unless he plays Sphere.

18) LL 0 - Can't get around that.

19) LL 0 - I don't think I win this.

20) LL 0 - Every idea I have equals a loss.

21) LL 0 - Too much discard.

The Official Tower Magic Facebook Page

hilikuS: Also, as much as MAB's list has become the list on the T/A Forum, I do miss Slinga's.

Bugger
posted November 13, 2012 09:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MAB_Rapper:
16) WW 6 - His Griffin can not beat 1 Thragtusk. I don't play anything else unless he plays Sphere.

Uh... pretty sure I can. If you ever attack with your tusk, I block, they trade, I use the Haunt to get the Griffin back to my "hand", recast it from there. Then I slowly beat you to death with the spirit token if you never attack with your beast token, or - if you do - I trade with the griffin again, recast it again, and kill you faster.

You can draw against me only if you cast one tusk and never attack with it.

WCFmo
posted November 13, 2012 10:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WCFmo Click Here to Email WCFmo Send a private message to WCFmo Click to send WCFmo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WCFmo's Trade Auction or SaleView WCFmo's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by LemonMeringue:
20. WCFmo - WW I have inevitability. When I get 8 mana, I go lab maniac, counterflux the syncopate, then pass with 2 mana.

Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
Abrupt Decay
Syncopate

I haven't worked math out and I have a trial in an hour and a half, but I know I win on play...I can destroy your lab maniac more than one way (Sorin) and if you respond to Sorin's ability to draw I abrupt decay and then you lose.

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League