Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Post for Magic Stuff part 58. (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Post for Magic Stuff part 58.
eXtremeEagle
posted August 03, 2011 03:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for eXtremeEagle Click Here to Email eXtremeEagle Send a private message to eXtremeEagle Click to send eXtremeEagle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View eXtremeEagle's Have/Want ListView eXtremeEagle's Have/Want List
New one indeed.

I had to smile recently when I checked the latest decks on Magic League and saw a Turbofog deck in there. I loved playing Jacerator, but sadly my first impression is that the deck isn't as strong as it used to be. The three color mana base alone makes me wary.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by eXtremeEagle on August 03, 2011]

WeedIan
posted August 03, 2011 05:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by eXtremeEagle:
New one indeed.

I had to smile recently when I checked the latest decks on Magic League and saw a Turbofog deck in there. I loved playing Jacerator, but sadly my first impression is that the deck isn't as strong as it used to be. The three color mana base alone makes me wary.

Ya when i saw rites back i thought Turbo fog, but no howling mine and the fogs are subpar compared to TimeSpiral/Lorwyn Standard

15th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

Harmless
posted August 04, 2011 02:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Harmless Click Here to Email Harmless Send a private message to Harmless Click to send Harmless an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
How would one go about selling a collection to a dealer? I contacted Troll and Toad and they said just to mark anything not on their buylist as bulk, which wouldn't take into account all the lower value, non-bulk cards. I've heard something like 20-40% is a common discount, but would anyone really value a Divine Sacrament (1.12 on MOTL) or Midnight Banshee (1.39) at anything much more than bulk? What if your collection lacks highlights and is pretty much all middling value stuff like that?

caquaa
posted August 04, 2011 03:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Harmless:
but would anyone really value a Divine Sacrament (1.12 on MOTL) or Midnight Banshee (1.39) at anything much more than bulk?

nope, those are bulk cards. If you get bulk prices on them, you're doing well.

WCFmo
posted August 04, 2011 04:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WCFmo Click Here to Email WCFmo Send a private message to WCFmo Click to send WCFmo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WCFmo's Trade Auction or SaleView WCFmo's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Harmless:
How would one go about selling a collection to a dealer? I contacted Troll and Toad and they said just to mark anything not on their buylist as bulk, which wouldn't take into account all the lower value, non-bulk cards. I've heard something like 20-40% is a common discount, but would anyone really value a Divine Sacrament (1.12 on MOTL) or Midnight Banshee (1.39) at anything much more than bulk? What if your collection lacks highlights and is pretty much all middling value stuff like that?

I would try selling to multiple dealers, CardKingdom for example is buying Divine Sacrament at $.50.

http://www.cardkingdom.com/purchasing/mtg_singles?filter[category_id]=0&filter[name]=Divine+Sacrament&filter[rarity]=

They are also buying Midnight Banshee at $.80
http://www.cardkingdom.com/purchasing/mtg_singles?filter[category_id]=0&filter[name]=Midnight+Banshee&filter[rarity]=

I would have a couple of different buylists up at once and see who gives you the most on a card. Cheers!

CubFan81
posted August 04, 2011 06:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WCFmo:
I would try selling to multiple dealers, CardKingdom for example is buying Divine Sacrament at $.50.

=0&filter[name]=Divine+Sacrament&filter[rarity]=]http://www.cardkingdom.com/purchasing/mtg_singles?filter[ category_id]=0&filter[name]=Divine+Sacrament&filter[rarity]=

They are also buying Midnight Banshee at $.80
=0&filter[name]=Midnight+Banshee&filter[rarity]=]http://www.cardkingdom.com/purchasing/mtg_singles?filter[ category_id]=0&filter[name]=Midnight+Banshee&filter[rarity]=

I would have a couple of different buylists up at once and see who gives you the most on a card. Cheers!

Also, I know selling to a dealer implies that you might want to just get rid of it as quickly as possible, if you do try to maximize your stuff along multiple dealers you could keep track of their prices in an excel spreadsheet.

Depending on how big the collection is, you would have one column down the left side with the card names, and one row across the top with each different dealer. You can put in the prices they are offering on their buylist in the corresponding intersection and then down the right side you can enter in a formula that looks to see which cell has the highest value and returns the name of the dealer at the top.

That way you can see if its worth the extra shipping to mail cards to a different dealer.

Obviously this doesn't work as well if you've got 1,000 cards and you just want to get rid of it now. But I thought I'd toss it out there.

ryan2754
posted August 04, 2011 06:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
How long should I wait from Ontario to Ohio?

The trade was confirmed the 7th of July.
He received on the 21st of July.
When should I possibly send a BTA?

2nd in Posts [5763] in OH-IO
(Have a long way to go to catch Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

gaeacradle
posted August 04, 2011 06:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:

I would wait at least another week if the confirmed sending date is around July 7th. Once, my package got lost in the mail and it took A MONTH to get from South Texas to North Texas, which would have taken 2 days normally.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by gaeacradle on August 04, 2011]

nderdog
posted August 04, 2011 06:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:

That depends on whether it was a simul-send or if you sent first. Assuming a simul-send due to your refs, in about 3 days, you should contact them to find out what day they sent and if there was anything of note that could cause a delay. If it was sent in a timely manner, arrange for compensation. Remember, the BTA is a last resort when all other attempts to resolve the issue have failed.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

-PoX-
posted August 04, 2011 12:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for -PoX- Click Here to Email -PoX- Send a private message to -PoX- Click to send -PoX- an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
There was a mail strike in Canada a few weeks back, so some packages haven't gone through yet.

If you're waiting on anything to/from Canada that you sent 1-2 months ago, it's very possible that it's still stuck in a mail truck somewhere. Just this week I asked the mailman as I was getting stuff from him and he said there were 11 vans full of old mail that still needed to be sorted for the city of Montreal.

ryan2754
posted August 04, 2011 02:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
He confirmed he send July 8th.
I'm usually fairly lenient, and it's not a big trade, and it's with another individual with decent refs, soI'll waitit out a bit.

farsk8dutch
posted August 04, 2011 05:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View farsk8dutch's Have/Want ListView farsk8dutch's Have/Want List
quote:
He confirmed he send July 8th.
I'm usually fairly lenient, and it's not a big trade, and it's with another individual with decent refs, soI'll waitit out a bit.

I just completed two trades to from Canada and each trade arrived within a couple days of a full month.
Have you tried to contact her/him? If not, I would do so if only to see if the package had been returned.

stu55
posted August 04, 2011 08:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
anti-salvation t-shirts for the GP or anti-pack to power shirts?

Thanos
posted August 04, 2011 08:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:

One on the back one on the front?

stab107
posted August 04, 2011 09:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:

Don't forget to put anti-QS on the sleeves .

mattw
posted August 04, 2011 09:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mattw Click Here to Email mattw Send a private message to mattw Click to send mattw an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mattw's Have/Want ListView mattw's Have/Want List
hey ryan, was it me?

farsk8dutch
posted August 04, 2011 11:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View farsk8dutch's Have/Want ListView farsk8dutch's Have/Want List
I asked a seller on eBay if I could pay using a Postal Money Order. The seller responded by telling me since he's had hassles in the past he wont do it again. I replied thank you and that I understand. He replied again with just a period (.). Made me wonder if he was being a db or is just intranet jaded and forgot how to communicate, but anyway. All of the auctions went for less-than-half of what they would've normally ended at.

The sweet side of me wishes I could have bid and won, the hard crunchy side wanted to rub it in.

caquaa
posted August 04, 2011 11:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by farsk8dutch:
I asked a seller on eBay if I could pay using a Postal Money Order. The seller responded by telling me since he's had hassles in the past he wont do it again. I replied thank you and that I understand. He replied again with just a period (.). Made me wonder if he was being a db or is just intranet jaded and forgot how to communicate, but anyway. All of the auctions went for less-than-half of what they would've normally ended at.

well any time you respond on the ask a seller a question thing, if he doesn't reply back, there is a huge "unanswered question about this item" thing in red next to the item. I assumed he just was getting rid of that.

I wouldn't have accepted money order for any of my auctions either. Its just more hassle then its worth. Waiting for you to mail it then taking it somewhere to get cashed. I'd rather not. It isn't that hard to get a paypal account as much as I dislike the fees, it makes life much easier.

Pyrenus
posted August 05, 2011 06:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pyrenus Send a private message to Pyrenus Click to send Pyrenus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Question. I have a mimic vat and I destroy an inkmoth nexus that has been turned into a creature. Can I copy the inkmoth, and what happens when I put a copy into play? Do I have to pay the 1?

Aznopium
posted August 05, 2011 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Pyrenus:
Question. I have a mimic vat and I destroy an inkmoth nexus that has been turned into a creature. Can I copy the inkmoth, and what happens when I put a copy into play? Do I have to pay the 1?

you are looking for this thread. Folks are pretty helpful, probably should be posteed there instead.

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025032.html

Pyrenus
posted August 05, 2011 08:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pyrenus Send a private message to Pyrenus Click to send Pyrenus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thanks

helpmehelpyou
posted August 05, 2011 02:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for helpmehelpyou Click Here to Email helpmehelpyou Send a private message to helpmehelpyou Click to send helpmehelpyou an Instant MessageVisit helpmehelpyou's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View helpmehelpyou's Have/Want ListView helpmehelpyou's Have/Want List
i will post here to since i'll probly get buried in TPFS

small delema

some guy wanted to buy stuff off my sale list
(clearly states USA only)

anyway after getting his money through paypal he gives me his address and hes from mexico..

I can just issue a refund at this point right?

ryan2754
posted August 05, 2011 04:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by mattw:
hey ryan, was it me?

Nope.

2nd in Posts [5763] in OH-IO
(Have a long way to go to catch Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

farsk8dutch
posted August 05, 2011 04:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View farsk8dutch's Have/Want ListView farsk8dutch's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
well any time you respond on the ask a seller a question thing, if he doesn't reply back, there is a huge "unanswered question about this item" thing in red next to the item. I assumed he just was getting rid of that.

I wouldn't have accepted money order for any of my auctions either. Its just more hassle then its worth. Waiting for you to mail it then taking it somewhere to get cashed. I'd rather not. It isn't that hard to get a paypal account as much as I dislike the fees, it makes life much easier.

You have to go to the PO to send the package anyway so how is it a hassle handing someone at the same counter a Postal Money Order. I suppose if you just don't feel like accepting other forms of payment that's fine but loosing money by doing so isn't very business savvy and in this case it proves it. If I didn't win I would have added at least another $50+ to the final sales.

And yes feebay & paypal combined suck but my bank/paypal account is screwed up and I have no other choice than to open another account or wait 'till it's fixed but until then the sellers wont be avoiding fees since the auctions have to be won in the first place.

I almost messaged you to see if you'd accept a PMO if I bid on the alpha Icy.

caquaa
posted August 05, 2011 04:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Well I guess I use a slightly different tactic when I sell things. Instead of a low starting bid to drive bids/interest in the item, I start the item at about what I want for it. If my auction ends with a single bid, I'm happy with it. If it doesn't sell, I'm also happy that the card didn't sell for less then what I'd want for it.

Your argument for the other dude might be valid if his things went too low, but thats his own fault for low starting bids imo.

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League