Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Once again, MTG is printed in Korean!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Once again, MTG is printed in Korean!
CoupDeGrace
posted August 23, 2011 01:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Farcana%2F782

Finally

AGO
posted August 23, 2011 05:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now!

Thanos
posted August 23, 2011 06:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Good stuff!

Kyosukee
posted August 23, 2011 07:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kyosukee Send a private message to Kyosukee Click to send Kyosukee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
DAE HAN MINGOOK. *clap clap, clap clap clap*

Aznopium
posted August 23, 2011 07:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
glad to have the cards in Korean again.

so in terms of foil pimpness does that mean?

1) Japanese
2) Korean
3) Russian / German (not sure which is third)

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Aznopium on August 23, 2011]

sicsmoo
posted August 23, 2011 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for sicsmoo Click Here to Email sicsmoo Send a private message to sicsmoo Click to send sicsmoo an Instant MessageVisit sicsmoo's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Awesome.

WCFmo
posted August 23, 2011 07:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WCFmo Click Here to Email WCFmo Send a private message to WCFmo Click to send WCFmo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WCFmo's Trade Auction or SaleView WCFmo's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Aznopium:
glad to have the cards in Korean again.

so in terms of foil pimpness does that mean?

1) Japanese
2) Korean
3) Russian / German (not sure which is third)

I would say

1. Korean
2. Russian
3. Japanese

I know some people would disagree with me, but cards printed in Korean are generally worth more than their Japanese counterparts. At least that's what I think. I've talked to Zak about Japense v. Russian before, he is of the opinion it is easier (i.e. some cards will not be printed in Russian, not sure when they started) to pimp out your deck with Japanese foils. To me, that would mean it is harder to get Russian cards. IMHO that is.

Thanos
posted August 23, 2011 07:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I agree Korean takes over the #1 spot.

And keep German off the list

I want my pimp to stay on the cheaper side...

Zakman86
posted August 23, 2011 08:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WCFmo:
I would say

1. Korean
2. Russian
3. Japanese

I know some people would disagree with me, but cards printed in Korean are generally worth more than their Japanese counterparts. At least that's what I think. I've talked to Zak about Japense v. Russian before, he is of the opinion it is easier (i.e. some cards will not be printed in Russian, not sure when they started) to pimp out your deck with Japanese foils. To me, that would mean it is harder to get Russian cards. IMHO that is.

My argument has never been easier vs. more difficult. I'm OCD and want all the cards I can possible in one language. Japanese has been going since Urza's Legacy, something neither of the other 2 languages can claim.

WCFmo
posted August 23, 2011 08:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WCFmo Click Here to Email WCFmo Send a private message to WCFmo Click to send WCFmo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WCFmo's Trade Auction or SaleView WCFmo's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Zakman86:
My argument has never been easier vs. more difficult. I'm OCD and want all the cards I can possible in one language. Japanese has been going since Urza's Legacy, something neither of the other 2 languages can claim.

Not trying to mis-characterize or misquote you, I think that is what I trying to say (you refer to being able to nearly foil out a deck that is Japanese). But I believe you also said something to the effect that it is easier to get playsets of Japanese foils versus Russian foils? Is that incorrect?

Zakman86
posted August 23, 2011 08:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WCFmo:
Not trying to mis-characterize or misquote you, I think that is what I trying to say (you refer to being able to nearly foil out a deck that is Japanese). But I believe you also said something to the effect that it is easier to get playsets of Japanese foils versus Russian foils? Is that incorrect?

I would say it's slightly easier, if only because of the fact that more people want Japanese. SCG seems to stock more Japanese as well.

gaeacradle
posted August 23, 2011 08:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
I still think Russian would command the premium over Korean because it's harder to get.

Absurd90
posted August 23, 2011 09:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Absurd90 Click Here to Email Absurd90 Send a private message to Absurd90 Click to send Absurd90 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gaeacradle:
I still think Russian would command the premium over Korean because it's harder to get.

I have a feeling korean cards will be just as hard to find as russian.

coasterdude84
posted August 23, 2011 10:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
I like being able to read my cards. But value-wise, I think Russian will still be the hardest to get, and therefore worth more and considered "more pimp."

CoupDeGrace
posted August 23, 2011 10:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I still think is Russian > Korean!

Kyosukee
posted August 23, 2011 10:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kyosukee Send a private message to Kyosukee Click to send Kyosukee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CoupDeGrace:
I still think is Russian > Korean!

Even in Starcraft?

Flostii
posted August 23, 2011 11:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Flostii Click Here to Email Flostii Send a private message to Flostii Click to send Flostii an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kyosukee:
Even in Starcraft?

SC2 is my country's national religion.
I haven't been to Korea for 8 years, but my father says internet cafes are found everywhere in Korea (Seoul). It's not hard to imagine PC gaming to be central to Korean culture.

That said, I will be asking my uncle to send me boxes of Korean MTG for cheap (I remember him picking up Yugioh Booster Boxes for approximately $20 USD back about 6 years ago when he shipped me 4 cases). I'll probably end up selling them here.

Also, I'm slightly annoyed at the naming of the "Core Set". If you read it, it literally says "Core Set" in Korean. Was hoping they could use an actual translation of "Core" rather than the actual american word. I hope the translations not so bad, or I may just stick to English.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Flostii on August 23, 2011]

revenger
posted August 23, 2011 11:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
German that difficult to obtain? i mean i find german hard to get. i only have 1 german card and 4 russian cards. so whats the deal?

mm1983
posted August 23, 2011 12:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
I believe Russian is more "pimp" than Japanese only for the fact that Japanese is more widely opened which means increased supply so finding a Japanese playset is easier than finding a Russian playset. Playable Russian foils in playsets usually command a huge premium over Japanese.

Thanos
posted August 23, 2011 07:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by revenger:
German that difficult to obtain? i mean i find german hard to get. i only have 1 german card and 4 russian cards. so whats the deal?

It depends on what you're looking for.

Mostly anything newer can be found on German eBay, the rest on MKM.

bigbob585
posted August 23, 2011 11:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bigbob585 Click Here to Email bigbob585 Send a private message to bigbob585 Click to send bigbob585 an Instant MessageVisit bigbob585's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Demand for russian cards is much less because you can't build an entire deck in russian.. most people want it in one language.

Reprinted foil Korean cards played in legacy will probably command a 15-20% premium over japanese cards simply because there are will be the only foil versions of that card in korean.

All other cards will probably be the same as japanese.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League