Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  The Post For Music, Because I'm 18 (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Post For Music, Because I'm 18
JoshSherman
posted October 19, 2010 06:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
And I don't know what I want

stu55
posted October 19, 2010 06:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stu55's Have/Want ListView stu55's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by JoshSherman:

I'll tell ya what you want, what you really really want

puregoblinboy47
posted October 27, 2010 11:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for puregoblinboy47 Click Here to Email puregoblinboy47 Send a private message to puregoblinboy47 Click to send puregoblinboy47 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My wife's in the booth right now recording her EP! Go her!

Thanos
posted October 27, 2010 11:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:

I'll tell ya what you want, what you really really want

So tell me what you want, what you really really want

marriedwithchildren
posted October 27, 2010 12:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for marriedwithchildren Click Here to Email marriedwithchildren Send a private message to marriedwithchildren Click to send marriedwithchildren an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Do you really want to hurt me?

rats60
posted October 27, 2010 01:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:

Do you gotta get away?

daner
posted October 27, 2010 01:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
I WANNA ROCK!

ROCK!

I WANT TO ROCK!

WCFmo
posted October 29, 2010 11:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WCFmo Click Here to Email WCFmo Send a private message to WCFmo Click to send WCFmo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WCFmo's Trade Auction or SaleView WCFmo's Trade Auction or Sale
Currently listening to - Vesuvius by Sufjan Stevens off his "The Age of ADZ" album. Love it.

Denizen
posted November 07, 2010 03:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Denizen Click Here to Email Denizen Send a private message to Denizen Click to send Denizen an Instant MessageVisit Denizen's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I am not 18 and what is this.

Got a hold of the new Kid Cudi today.

Fang Island - Fang Island
Maps & Atlases - Perch Patchwork
Minus The Bear - OMNI
Kanye West - VH1 Storytellers

and EPs from
The Tallest Man on Earth
Gifts From Enola

are my shortlist for favs of the year

New Intronaut and Red Sparowes were pretty good too. I don't have a decent list this year because my comp crashed (which is kind of why I'm sitting on my parents old desktop right now..... where I had this forum favorited.. I honestly can't believe I still remembered my password)

Kung_Fuscious
posted December 21, 2010 03:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kung_Fuscious Click Here to Email Kung_Fuscious Send a private message to Kung_Fuscious Click to send Kung_Fuscious an Instant MessageVisit Kung_Fuscious's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
hey folks

I've been listening to a song - I really like the lyrics but can't find them anywhere so I've been trying to transcribe them.

My hearing is rubbish and I can't make out what the singer sings at a certain part. The song is online here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89QxCtKjtw

and the bit I can't get is 1min58sec - 2min22sec
Here's what I got so far:

If I come in all confident and
If I come in [???]
If I come in all polished up and
Say it outright
You’d try to play it all delicate and
Take away my choice
I would [???]
Destroy or be destroyed
[???]
It’s a big parade
I could never be defenceless
And you’ll never be the same

Any help appreciated ty

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Kung_Fuscious on December 21, 2010]

AlmostGrown
posted December 21, 2010 03:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Trade Auction or SaleView AlmostGrown's Trade Auction or Sale
I have almost the entire Green Day discography on my iPod. Sooooooo good (the older stuff especially).

Sale List: http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/081749.html

Bugger
posted December 21, 2010 04:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
I have almost the entire Green Day discography on my iPod. Sooooooo good (the older stuff especially).

Replace "Green Day" with "the Black Keys" and you have my situation.

stu55 noooooooooooooooooooooooo

98ViperGTS
posted December 21, 2010 04:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for 98ViperGTS Click Here to Email 98ViperGTS Send a private message to 98ViperGTS Click to send 98ViperGTS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Anybody that hasn't listened to Porcupine Tree, should really give them a listen. Steven Wilson is a musical genius.

suggest the "In Absentia" album

[Edited 1 times, lastly by 98ViperGTS on December 21, 2010]

Gawain
posted December 21, 2010 05:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Gawain Click Here to Email Gawain Send a private message to Gawain Click to send Gawain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Gawain's Have/Want ListView Gawain's Have/Want List
Pearl Jam

Unthought Known

So damned good.

JoshSherman
posted December 21, 2010 07:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
I'm at my company Chrismas party. I don't think it would make me feel better, but I wish the person in charge of the music would play good tunes. I want to carve my eardrums out of my skull with a spoon.

Coincidence? I think not.

MoxMonkey
posted December 23, 2010 12:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MoxMonkey Click Here to Email MoxMonkey Send a private message to MoxMonkey Click to send MoxMonkey an Instant MessageVisit MoxMonkey's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 98ViperGTS:
Anybody that hasn't listened to Porcupine Tree, should really give them a listen. Steven Wilson is a musical genius.

suggest the "In Absentia" album

Lightbulb sun is better.

Farid Bang - sonnenbank pimps

Heresy19
posted December 23, 2010 09:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
quote:
I'm at my company Chrismas party. I don't think it would make me feel better, but I wish the person in charge of the music would play good tunes. I want to carve my eardrums out of my skull with a spoon.

Lady GaGa? *Puking!*

2 Quarters? (50 cent) *puking*

98ViperGTS
posted December 23, 2010 11:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for 98ViperGTS Click Here to Email 98ViperGTS Send a private message to 98ViperGTS Click to send 98ViperGTS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoxMonkey:
Lightbulb sun is better.

Farid Bang - sonnenbank pimps

I don't disagree, however Lightbulb sun is much harder to come by. Unless they re-released it, I believe I had to Import my copy from Europe.

harbingerofthevoid
posted December 24, 2010 05:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOjNco06VoY
BLAM!

New Drive By Truckers soon. (seeing them for the 15th time)
New Mogwai in February. (seeing them for the second time)

Happy f'n new year

If you list one of your interests as M:tG you send first.

Give me your Sleight of Minds

M:tG set printing and spreadsheet utility

wayne
posted December 24, 2010 07:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
I don't wanna rock, DJ

MoxMonkey
posted December 24, 2010 12:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MoxMonkey Click Here to Email MoxMonkey Send a private message to MoxMonkey Click to send MoxMonkey an Instant MessageVisit MoxMonkey's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Manges - King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WnyuJVuqo&feature=BF&list=PLF2D95AFF1952E205&index=7

farsk8dutch
posted December 25, 2010 10:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Just music for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CfEaSmdtGU

If you don't want to wait 'till the middle where it picks up -I sometimes have a short attention span- try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Km7_QYpSoo

Greven53
posted December 25, 2010 11:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Greven53 Click Here to Email Greven53 Send a private message to Greven53 Click to send Greven53 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 98ViperGTS:
I don't disagree, however Lightbulb sun is much harder to come by. Unless they re-released it, I believe I had to Import my copy from Europe.

My copy is actually from Japan I believe, absolutely worth getting.

PariahThePenguin
posted December 29, 2010 05:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for PariahThePenguin Send a private message to PariahThePenguin Click to send PariahThePenguin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Halo Of Flies is probably my favourite Alice Cooper track. It's pretty hardcore.

I like all sorts of music though. My personal favourite bands being something like:

Mazzy Star
Rasputina
The Frogs
Judas Priest
The Ramones
Hole
Death
Pink Floyd

And lots of other wonderful bands that transcend all sorts of genres. I don't really like any modern music, it just makes me sick for the most part. But aside from that, I even have some country artists that I really enjoy. Mainly the classics though, like Kitty Wells or early Dolly Parton. I like when country was about soul crushing events like suicide, children being murdered, dead mothers and that sort of stuff.

Skwirlnutz
posted January 01, 2011 03:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Skwirlnutz Click Here to Email Skwirlnutz Send a private message to Skwirlnutz Click to send Skwirlnutz an Instant MessageVisit Skwirlnutz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Just got done watching "The Big 4" (Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, and Metallica). Anthrax wasn't that great. Megadeth was Amazing! Slayer was good. Metallica was lame, I know they where headlining the show but they got Fireworks, giant TV Screens (3 of them I seen), and some fancy animations on the screens. While the bands that where before them only got a backdrop with their album cover/name on it. IMO Megadeth did the best out of all of them, Metallica was way to overrated for that concert.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League