Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Need a method to convert green mana to white

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Need a method to convert green mana to white
humbleacolyte
posted April 02, 2014 08:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for humbleacolyte Click Here to Email humbleacolyte Send a private message to humbleacolyte Click to send humbleacolyte an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View humbleacolyte's Have/Want ListView humbleacolyte's Have/Want List
Running a G/W Commander deck, I found I have a lot of high casting cost white, and my white mana doesn't seem to surface as often as I'd like it to. I want to put a few green to white unlimited (if possible) mana converters in to help fix this. I thought of Skyshroud Elf, but he also converts to red, and I can't have him in my deck because of it. Any suggestions? Gemstone Array is the best I've come up with, it's an expensive conversion, but the best I have so far.

stab107
posted April 02, 2014 08:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Carpet of Flowers
Druid's Repository
Farrelite Priest

Will post more as they come to me but that's a start.

Ceyx69
posted April 02, 2014 09:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ceyx69 Click Here to Email Ceyx69 Send a private message to Ceyx69 Click to send Ceyx69 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Mana Bloom
Riftstone Portal
Knight of the Reliquary
Chromatic Lantern

thror
posted April 02, 2014 10:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=50319

best there is, was, and ever will be.

nomadic elf is the same but way worse.
gemstone array is an artifact, so a little harder to kill.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

keywacat
posted April 02, 2014 11:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
Are you after filtering effects or ramp? Joiner Adept and the aforementioned Chromatic Lantern are the best filters, Krosan Verge (fetches your Temple Garden) and Farhaven Elf may be your best ramp as they'll find lands that produce white.

If you can afford it Burgeoning and Thawing Glaciers is a fAnTaStIc combonition.

Volcanon
posted April 03, 2014 12:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=50319

best there is, was, and ever will be.

nomadic elf is the same but way worse.
gemstone array is an artifact, so a little harder to kill.

Skyshroud Elf is better than those two for the purpose of getting white because sometimes you have colorless.

iccarus
posted April 03, 2014 04:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Skyshroud Elf is better than those two for the purpose of getting white because sometimes you have colorless.

True. But in the context of his color restrictions, it's probably about the best he's going to do.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

Esper3k
posted April 03, 2014 09:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Esper3k Click Here to Email Esper3k Send a private message to Esper3k Click to send Esper3k an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Wooded Bastion should probably have a place too. Really, there are so many GW land options I'm surprised you'd have problems getting white mana to cast spells.

humbleacolyte
posted April 03, 2014 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for humbleacolyte Click Here to Email humbleacolyte Send a private message to humbleacolyte Click to send humbleacolyte an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View humbleacolyte's Have/Want ListView humbleacolyte's Have/Want List
Thank you all for the suggestions, I was going for straight mana conversion, I don't know if I need any ramping in this deck or not. This is my first Commander deck, and I still have some balancing to do. If I can get enough mana conversion, I can reduce the number of lands I am currently running. Orochi Leafcaller is perfect, and I'm already running Burgeoning as well as Knight of the Reliquary. I like the idea of adding Thawing Glaciers in there to....great ideas everyone, thanks again.

Swift2210
posted April 03, 2014 11:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Swift2210 Click Here to Email Swift2210 Send a private message to Swift2210 Click to send Swift2210 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Swift2210's Have/Want ListView Swift2210's Have/Want List
You're wasting a slot with mana converters. Better to set up your land base more efficiently or use more green ramp/dorks to color fix

iccarus
posted April 03, 2014 12:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swift2210:
You're wasting a slot with mana converters. Better to set up your land base more efficiently or use more green ramp/dorks to color fix

I tend to agree with this. Who is the commander?

No green deck should ever have to waste slots on cute tricks for color fixing.

humbleacolyte
posted April 03, 2014 12:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for humbleacolyte Click Here to Email humbleacolyte Send a private message to humbleacolyte Click to send humbleacolyte an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View humbleacolyte's Have/Want ListView humbleacolyte's Have/Want List
Commander is Captain Sisay, I'm finding that mid game, I just don't have enough white to drop in the bigger white creatures or activation costs that I have on some of the legends I'm fishing up with the Captain.

keywacat
posted April 03, 2014 01:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
Quicksilver Amulet? Elvish Piper?

iccarus
posted April 03, 2014 01:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by humbleacolyte:
Commander is Captain Sisay, I'm finding that mid game, I just don't have enough white to drop in the bigger white creatures or activation costs that I have on some of the legends I'm fishing up with the Captain.

Post your list in the deck help forum. That would help tremendously with giving you suggestions on how to solve that issue.

Keep in mind that, even though EDH/CMD is the format of big spells, you still need to build a stable mana base with some way to accelerate your mana to the point of being able to play those cards.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League