Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  GP DC

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   GP DC
ogre
posted November 07, 2013 05:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ogre Click Here to Email ogre Send a private message to ogre Click to send ogre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ogre's Have/Want ListView ogre's Have/Want List
Who's going?

Also, what deck will make the highest percentage of decks that make day 2? What deck will win the event?

Curious to hear what you others think and constructive direct answers are appreciated,
Jesse

[Edited 1 times, lastly by ogre on November 07, 2013]

jbark
posted November 07, 2013 06:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Not to be an asshat but look at mtgtop8.com there's is your answer...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by jbark on November 07, 2013]

LandDestroyer
posted November 07, 2013 08:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I'm going to DC. Don't know what I'm playing yet. Either play show and tell or something that doesn't auto lose to show and tell. I'm looking at death & taxes and delver decks.

WeedIan
posted November 07, 2013 08:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Delver will make top 8 at least one deck.

I'm sure we'll see Death and Taxes in top 8 again. The deck seems to do really well when in the hands of good players.

coolio
posted November 07, 2013 10:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
I'm sure we'll see Death and Taxes in top 8 again. The deck seems to do really well when in the hands of good players.

until DNT's opp plays t1 llanowar elves..

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

WeedIan
posted November 08, 2013 12:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coolio:
until DNT's opp plays t1 llanowar elves..

©

Haven't most elves builds cut Llanowar elves for 4x Deathrite Shaman?

caquaa
posted November 08, 2013 01:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

they typically play some various count of llanowar elf type cards as well last I saw.

stu55
posted November 08, 2013 02:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stu55's Have/Want ListView stu55's Have/Want List
Oh, you mean GP Stu's B-day?

coolio
posted November 08, 2013 07:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Lists still run 2-3 llanowar/fyndhorn/elvish mystic

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

stacker
posted November 09, 2013 02:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stacker Click Here to Email stacker Send a private message to stacker Click to send stacker an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stacker's Have/Want ListView stacker's Have/Want List
delver/snt/elves/dnt

and your lone token red variant rdw/burn/affinity

[Edited 1 times, lastly by stacker on November 09, 2013]

WeedIan
posted November 09, 2013 05:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by stacker:
delver/snt/elves/dnt

and your lone token red variant rdw/burn/affinity

I think you are missing Shardless, that deck seems to always show up in the top 8/16

8th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Soldier Boi
posted November 13, 2013 03:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Soldier Boi's Have/Want ListView Soldier Boi's Have/Want List
I want to go, anyone have any suggestions on places to stay?

LandDestroyer
posted November 13, 2013 04:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I don't remember where as my buddy booked room but there are places like 2 miles away for like $71 a night.

I'm debating what trade stuff to bring with me so I decided to create this
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/105407.html

jbark
posted November 13, 2013 05:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
The subway is easy to navigate. I typically stay at the Hilton at Chevy chase pavillion when going to visit the city. Its in a mall and has an internal access to the subway. Thus you never need to go outside later at night. Also a free cocktail hour and breakfast buffet.

ogre
posted November 17, 2013 06:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ogre Click Here to Email ogre Send a private message to ogre Click to send ogre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ogre's Have/Want ListView ogre's Have/Want List
My worst performance at any tournament ever but still had a good time

If you went, how did you do?

Jesse

coolio
posted November 18, 2013 07:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
11-4.. missed cash by 0.6% in breakers.. meh.. played well for the most part imo

©

-Seneca the Younger

WeedIan
posted November 18, 2013 07:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coolio:
11-4.. missed cash by 0.6% in breakers.. meh.. played well for the most part imo

©

I saw someone thank you for lending them cards on twitter but i can't seem to find the tweet now

Maybe just win GP Toronto to make up for it.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

coolio
posted November 18, 2013 09:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
I saw someone thank you for lending them cards on twitter but i can't seem to find the tweet now

Maybe just win GP Toronto to make up for it.

ah, nods, that was Sam.. thx for the heads up, and his tweet.. =D

pretty sure i misplayed into my 2nd loss rd.. 7 I believe it was day 1.. prob could have finished day 1 at 8-1.. but who knows.. day 2 was going well, started 3-0.. meh, variance

©

-Seneca the Younger

KGtheLegend
posted November 19, 2013 01:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KGtheLegend Click Here to Email KGtheLegend Send a private message to KGtheLegend Click to send KGtheLegend an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Please keep an eye out for someone selling a complete Shardless BUG deck with an offcenter Underground Sea. A friend of mine had his entire deck stolen while playing in the main event.

I know he probably wasn't paying attention at the event, but he asked me to post this on here so I did.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League