Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  GP Dallas

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   GP Dallas
Styrofoam02
posted November 11, 2013 05:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Styrofoam02 Click Here to Email Styrofoam02 Send a private message to Styrofoam02 Click to send Styrofoam02 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Styrofoam02's Have/Want ListView Styrofoam02's Have/Want List
Anyone going?

slurpee
posted November 11, 2013 06:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
I will probably be there, I will be the guy in the Hawaiian Shirt.

gaeacradle
posted November 11, 2013 07:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
I will be there for sure.

bushe
posted November 12, 2013 06:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bushe Click Here to Email bushe Send a private message to bushe Click to send bushe an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bushe's Have/Want ListView bushe's Have/Want List
I'll be there as well.

Styrofoam02
posted November 12, 2013 02:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Styrofoam02 Click Here to Email Styrofoam02 Send a private message to Styrofoam02 Click to send Styrofoam02 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Styrofoam02's Have/Want ListView Styrofoam02's Have/Want List
Im also gonna be there. debating whether or not to get the vip

gaeacradle
posted December 03, 2013 04:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
Ugh...so the weather will start to get really crappy in Dallas on Thursday night, to the point of freezing rain/sleet on Friday for the most part. If it gets really bad, I may not be able to go.

slurpee
posted December 03, 2013 10:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Piece of advise check the weather thursday. Texas is very unpredictable for weather and the weatherman are notorious for getting people into a frenzy. If I were to put my money it rains, sleets, nothing sticks and it will be very cold. It was 77 yesterday and 70+ today so I would not expect the worst.

Styrofoam02
posted December 03, 2013 12:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Styrofoam02 Click Here to Email Styrofoam02 Send a private message to Styrofoam02 Click to send Styrofoam02 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Styrofoam02's Have/Want ListView Styrofoam02's Have/Want List
I already pre-registered for the VIP so i will be rain/shine

coolio
posted December 03, 2013 05:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
i will be there

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

gaeacradle
posted December 03, 2013 08:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
Piece of advise check the weather thursday. Texas is very unpredictable for weather and the weatherman are notorious for getting people into a frenzy. If I were to put my money it rains, sleets, nothing sticks and it will be very cold. It was 77 yesterday and 70+ today so I would not expect the worst.

I'm still planning barring really bad weather. But even in bad weather, I'm not scared of it so much as I am scared of other drivers who still think it's safe to drive 60-70 mph.

slurpee
posted December 06, 2013 07:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
update on weather for those interested. One I appear to be wrong. It is still snowing/sleeting at this momment.

It lasted longer and while I live 30 minutes north of the event, I will say that we are talking about 4-6 inches of sleet that froze overnight. For those thinking about this it is really going to come down to the road conditions. Right now they are terrible.

Meddling Pimp
posted December 06, 2013 12:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Meddling Pimp Click Here to Email Meddling Pimp Send a private message to Meddling Pimp Click to send Meddling Pimp an Instant MessageVisit Meddling Pimp's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The airport is a mess. Reports from people who managed to land are that it's like landing on skates.

gaeacradle
posted December 06, 2013 05:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
Sadly, due to the weather, I did not make the 300 miles trip from San Antonio to Dallas. For those who are going there, good luck and be safe!

slurpee
posted December 06, 2013 09:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
latest update, the ground didn't melt much during the day. Expect 1-3 inches of ice still even in the morning saturday.

slurpee
posted December 07, 2013 12:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Not sure of the turn out, I heard around 770, seems really high considering that unless you took backroads or got a hotel close by it is really slow going. 2.5 hours to go 5 miles.

Saw some people peeing on the side of the road...

iccarus
posted December 07, 2013 06:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
Not sure of the turn out, I heard around 770, seems really high considering that unless you took backroads or got a hotel close by it is really slow going. 2.5 hours to go 5 miles.

Saw some people peeing on the side of the road...

Total players was 832

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

Styrofoam02
posted December 07, 2013 06:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Styrofoam02 Click Here to Email Styrofoam02 Send a private message to Styrofoam02 Click to send Styrofoam02 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Styrofoam02's Have/Want ListView Styrofoam02's Have/Want List
I was trapped in the traffic jam outside of sanger. I gave up and came home around 6am.

WeedIan
posted December 07, 2013 07:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Considering the weather that's a good turn out.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League