Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Strikezoneonline

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Strikezoneonline
slurpee
posted March 02, 2012 11:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Anyone sold to them? I see on their website the prices are for "Mint" cards. I have always been on the side that there are no truely mint cards

so how strict is there grading? NM the same as Mint?

Anyone want to share any other info of them?

Really only curious about people who have sold them cards.

curious what they do with cards that are not NM, mail them back take a certain % off?

[Edited 2 times, lastly by slurpee on May 20, 2013]

Zakman86
posted March 02, 2012 12:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've never had issues any of the times I've ordered from them.

rats60
posted March 02, 2012 12:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
I've sold to them in person and they haven't been real picky graders. I don't know if they would be the same thru the mail.

MAB_Rapper
posted March 02, 2012 12:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by rats60:
I've sold to them in person and they haven't been real picky graders. I don't know if they would be the same thru the mail.

I was going to say the same thing, since I just sold nearly $500 to them this past weekend.

The Official Tower Magic Facebook Page

JesusChristMD
posted March 02, 2012 03:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JesusChristMD Click Here to Email JesusChristMD Click to send JesusChristMD an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
They cancel orders a lot if they think you are speculating.

lordofthepit23
posted March 02, 2012 03:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lordofthepit23 Click Here to Email lordofthepit23 Send a private message to lordofthepit23 Click to send lordofthepit23 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JesusChristMD:
They cancel orders a lot if they think you are speculating.

The OP was asking about selling to them, but my experiences in buying from them (only twice) were pretty pleasant.

The first time, I bought 4 Grim Monoliths after they were unbanned. Their prebanning price of $9.99 was pretty high, but they honored it when all the other retail stores either sold out or spiked those costs higher.

The second time, I bought a larger order, which included Through the Breach, about one week after it won an SCG Legacy Open and during the same week the first Modern event saw quite a few TtB decks. They honored that order as well.

I certainly wasn't speculating, but I wouldn't have been surprised if they had remanded my order given the volatile nature of the cards involved at the time. Props to them for not doing so.

comboking
posted March 02, 2012 06:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for comboking Click Here to Email comboking Send a private message to comboking Click to send comboking an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sold to them a couple of times thru the mail and was happy to deal with them. Strikezone, DJ I think was his name, weren't super strict with conditions and paid rather quickly.

FlashFrozen
posted March 02, 2012 09:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for FlashFrozen Click Here to Email FlashFrozen Send a private message to FlashFrozen Click to send FlashFrozen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sold to them in real life. Best prices next to troll and toad.

stu55
posted March 03, 2012 08:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stu55's Have/Want ListView stu55's Have/Want List
I like Dustin a lot, the owner, however, their turn around time on mail in orders is long, like 4-6 weeks

jshields
posted March 08, 2012 02:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jshields Click Here to Email jshields Send a private message to jshields Click to send jshields an Instant MessageVisit jshields's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I buy from them pretty regularly as a store and have never had an order cancelled, even if it is obvious speculation (IE huntmaster of the fells - bought about 15 of them preordering). I mostly buy from their ebay account, which their business card says has higher prices than if you use their online store, but the fact is that their actual store's direct prices are roughly 15-25% higher and shipping is often higher than their ebay prices for more popular singles.

Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 552-2204

Fun-N-Games Facebook Page - Be a Fan!
(Magic Coupons, events, & more!)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fun-N-Games-Hobby-Shoppe

Live @ WV, Blacksburg or Roanoke, VA? Come to Fun-N-Games!

ravidell
posted March 18, 2012 02:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ravidell Click Here to Email ravidell Send a private message to ravidell Click to send ravidell an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ravidell's Have/Want ListView ravidell's Have/Want List
Sell them VS stuff from time to time. The policy is they paywithin 10 days after processing cards. And yep they pay on day 10, not 11, not 9, but 10 every time.

dwiz
posted March 18, 2012 05:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by ravidell:
Sell them VS stuff from time to time. The policy is they paywithin 10 days after processing cards. And yep they pay on day 10, not 11, not 9, but 10 every time.

Better than mtg fanatic which takes 45 days minimum

notsofasteddie
posted March 22, 2012 03:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for notsofasteddie Click Here to Email notsofasteddie Send a private message to notsofasteddie Click to send notsofasteddie an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Never had a problem!

slurpee
posted May 20, 2013 10:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
reviving this thread as I curious what they do with cards that are not NM, mail them back take a certain % off?

matt9
posted May 20, 2013 08:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for matt9 Click Here to Email matt9 Send a private message to matt9 Click to send matt9 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FlashFrozen:
Sold to them in real life. Best prices next to troll and toad.

Same here. Friendly guys, weren't crazy about condition as some buyers are. I think the "mint" clause is just to keep chaff out.

americankid
posted May 22, 2013 12:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for americankid Send a private message to americankid Click to send americankid an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View americankid's Have/Want ListView americankid's Have/Want List
I bought some Tropical Islands from them not so long ago (I've always been a fan of their prices).

They were marked as light play, but when I asked a state-wide dealer at an event, he said they were NM.

Based on that, I'm not sure if their pickiness increases as card value goes up, or what.

My friend sold some stuff to them, and they just emailed him asking about some card conditions, and offered to return them at his expense (since he told them they were NM, and clearly were not). He just sold them anyways avoiding extra shipping.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by americankid on May 22, 2013]

riemann-zeta
posted May 27, 2013 01:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for riemann-zeta Click Here to Email riemann-zeta Send a private message to riemann-zeta Click to send riemann-zeta an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
they've gotten A LOT more strict in grading. stuff that doesn't pass will be returned to you. a couple times there were 1 or 2 cards (total value approx $5 or less) that they didn't accept and never mailed back to me. i never inquired about them.

quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
reviving this thread as I curious what they do with cards that are not NM, mail them back take a certain % off?

slurpee
posted July 09, 2013 09:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Figured I would post my experience since I started the topic.

I sent them over 2k cards, they sent back to me over half of it back...most cards came straight from packs. It was right when modern masters was being released.

I figure they returned most of the cards because of the modern masters reprints not because of condition.

If you look on their website they say it is extremely rare they return cards that are listed on their website if they are NM. so yeah I dont believe that

They state that there is a 3.00 charge for getting a check and you have pay for return postage. Well I got charged 10.00 for shipping and 10.00 for shorting even though my cards were in the correct order on the list. They were returned to me in a different order.

When I talked to Dustin there he said 7.00 and went ahead and charged me 21.00

So yeah I wouldn't sell them anything and won't again.

Pail42
posted July 10, 2013 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
I figure they returned most of the cards because of the modern masters reprints not because of condition.

Does their buy list not specify the exact revisions they are buying?

So they ended up charging you $21 return shipping instead of the $3 advertised?

Liq
posted July 11, 2013 11:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Liq Click Here to Email Liq Send a private message to Liq Click to send Liq an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Liq's Trade Auction or SaleView Liq's Trade Auction or Sale
My LCS has been dealing with them for 3+ years. Very picky about conditions. They returned cards to him fairly regularly. Usually with some excuse.

<BoltBait> Don't make me kick you
<Slinga> Have no fear, MOTL's janitor is here!
<nderdog> So we're all agreed, it's Liq's fault, right?
<Leshrac> let me deal with that
* Liq has been banned

dwiz
posted July 11, 2013 12:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
I don't think I've ever had a card returned from them in 6 years.

slurpee
posted July 11, 2013 01:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
I matched the versions listed, but with Modern masters released it reduced even the original versions. So I am pretty sure that is why I was sent back so many cards, it was because they no longer wanted to buy those cards not because of condition....

Yes I mailed the first business day which was a monday so it is not like I waited.

As for what is advertised I am even have the email where they agreed that I would be charged 3 for the check and 4 for the shipping. It was only after I got the check and it didn't match any of the figures did they say oh yeah we charged you more for the shipping and we charged you just because you mailed us so many cards (200 or so, this is also separate from the shipping charge)...

OH and yes it took about a month to get paid which I hear is the norm. It was only after I received the check that I decided to post my experience. It made it even worse when the check didn't match despite the fact that they sent back a lot of cards because they never updated your buylist...(can't prove it but that is what I will believe when cards straight out of packs are sent back)

quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
Does their buy list not specify the exact revisions they are buying?

So they ended up charging you $21 return shipping instead of the $3 advertised?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by slurpee on July 11, 2013]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League