Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Ebay repacks

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Ebay repacks
southparker2002
posted May 08, 2013 04:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
Does anyone every get the good cards that are "said" to be in the repacks or is it all crap? Who is a good seller to buy a reliable repack?

daner
posted May 08, 2013 05:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
Don't waste your money...I bought a few out of curiosity years ago...I got a dci stp. Most of the rest was garbage. People do put in good cards but few and far between.

Volcanon
posted May 08, 2013 05:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hope you like homelands commons!

Vegas10
posted May 08, 2013 06:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Hope you like homelands commons!

Don't forget about Chronicles and Fallen Empires commons as well

B14ckM4g3
posted May 08, 2013 10:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A LGS owner was online and saw a guy had 1000 repacks, with the whole power nine in there and several duals/high value staples for $4 a pack. He msged the guy and said he would buy them all. the repack post was taken down shortly afterwards.

WeedIan
posted May 09, 2013 02:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
The user has to have ALOT of positive feedback to think they are something you would want to buy.

Otherwise they are likely a scam

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Volcanon
posted May 09, 2013 04:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B14ckM4g3:
A LGS owner was online and saw a guy had 1000 repacks, with the whole power nine in there and several duals/high value staples for $4 a pack. He msged the guy and said he would buy them all. the repack post was taken down shortly afterwards.

That seller was an amateur. The pros will have a dummy account buy 2-3 within a few minutes of posting the auction, then leave positive feedback saying "OMG I GOT EVERY SINGLE VALUABLE CARD".

AGO
posted May 09, 2013 04:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
There is a reason most repack sellers have very low feedback...

mtg-deal4u
posted May 10, 2013 12:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mtg-deal4u Click Here to Email mtg-deal4u Send a private message to mtg-deal4u Click to send mtg-deal4u an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mtg-deal4u's Have/Want ListView mtg-deal4u's Have/Want List
It is hard to say most are not going to give anything good at all. Why would they give you a $50 card for $5... not really going to happen in this world..

I know a person who did sell newer booster box repacks he put a few good rares in almost all the boxs he sold.
He said it depended on the box he opened if it was bad
box he opened then the buyer didnot get as good stuff. He did get many repeat buyers and of course some people were disappointed thinking your going to get the main mythic in the set..
He did lose money on it (saying he would have made more selling singles) he said and did not do it this last set. Ebay fees were to much for the deals plus offering free shipping.

But for the most part do not trust anyone on online auctions or open selling markets.
Loose packs or repacks unless the sellers has sold many booster repacks with many good refs.

Even sealed newer boosters boxs I would not buy off online sites. Since they have odds now and your less likely to get the main card. A person opens a case which is 6 boxs, he opens box 1 then box 2 and box 3. Box 1 and 3 both had the best mythic in the set... so your odds on the remaing sealed boxs # 4,5,6 are very low in getting the main mythic card. So then dealers would sell them online given the buyer the less likely odds of getting that main card. they will get some good cards but not the main card.

Unless you know the seller or can trust them looking at their feedback from other people I would not buy from them.

Goaswerfraiejen
posted May 10, 2013 05:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by southparker2002:
Does anyone every get the good cards that are "said" to be in the repacks or is it all crap? Who is a good seller to buy a reliable repack?

Uh... no. Maybe back in ebay's infancy, but not nowadays.

Incidentally, I noticed the other day that Dollarama now sells repacked cards. Can't tell what's in there from the outside, but I suspect a lot of basic lands and, if you're lucky, an uncommon.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

Deathbydrawing
posted May 10, 2013 06:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbydrawing Click Here to Email Deathbydrawing Send a private message to Deathbydrawing Click to send Deathbydrawing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Deathbydrawing's Have/Want ListView Deathbydrawing's Have/Want List
I got curious and bought 1 repack once and the rare was No Mercy and the repack cost $4 so i guess i got lucky. I honestly wouldn't try it again though.

harbingerofthevoid
posted May 10, 2013 07:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Deathbydrawing:
I got curious and bought 1 repack once and the rare was No Mercy and the repack cost $4 so i guess i got lucky. I honestly wouldn't try it again though.

You got lucky if you got it within the last year or so. If you got it when Urza block was out you not nailed. Ah, EDH.

Things have changed. A decade ago you could probably get repacks with decent stuff. Now, I hate to say it but, I feel it's just a bunch of junk. Any of the "some one is guaranteed a 'XYZ', their friends won that auction. Lucky them.

slurpee
posted May 10, 2013 09:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
what I like to do is right when they get a new auction, buy one pack and then say " I got the lotus, moxes and Power now there is only Junk left"

I figure hey they are ripping others why not ruin it for them..

Deathbydrawing
posted May 10, 2013 09:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbydrawing Click Here to Email Deathbydrawing Send a private message to Deathbydrawing Click to send Deathbydrawing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Deathbydrawing's Have/Want ListView Deathbydrawing's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by harbingerofthevoid:
You got lucky if you got it within the last year or so. If you got it when Urza block was out you not nailed. Ah, EDH.

Things have changed. A decade ago you could probably get repacks with decent stuff. Now, I hate to say it but, I feel it's just a bunch of junk. Any of the "some one is guaranteed a 'XYZ', their friends won that auction. Lucky them.

I got it about 7 months ago

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League