Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Selling a big collection in Europe

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Selling a big collection in Europe
dunil
posted May 03, 2012 11:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dunil Click Here to Email dunil Send a private message to dunil Click to send dunil an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm considering selling my collection of primarily Vintage/Legacy cards. Since the collection is quite big ($50k+), I'd really prefer to do the transaction face to face. So best option for me would be to find European dealer who is interested in big collections.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any big & trusted European dealers (like e.g. SCG or Troll and Toad). Anyone?

MagixDK
posted May 04, 2012 01:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I would think there are motl members who can pay that much?

MTDetermine
posted May 04, 2012 01:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTDetermine Click Here to Email MTDetermine Send a private message to MTDetermine Click to send MTDetermine an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You can consider Benjamin:

http://forums.magictraders.com/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=kartenguru

Speed Demon
Banned
posted May 04, 2012 02:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Speed Demon Click Here to Email Speed Demon Send a private message to Speed Demon Click to send Speed Demon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You could possibly take a trip to the states?

If the collection is really worth $50,000+, I think it'd be beneficial / safe to take a trip and meet the buyer face to face and get cash on hand so there is no issue with anything..

JayC
posted May 04, 2012 02:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JayC's Have/Want ListView JayC's Have/Want List
Would cost him a few grand to travel, that's a significant dip into his sale... I'd suggest he sell in his native land if possible.

baldr7
posted May 04, 2012 02:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for baldr7 Click Here to Email baldr7 Send a private message to baldr7 Click to send baldr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'd definitely be interested in this and could possibly travel depending on the scenario. shoot me an email and maybe we can work something out

MagixDK
posted May 04, 2012 03:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
same.

id not be tempted to travel, but denmark-finnland isnt that far.

Id be able to pay cash.

MTDetermine
posted May 04, 2012 07:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTDetermine Click Here to Email MTDetermine Send a private message to MTDetermine Click to send MTDetermine an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
On second thoughts, maybe you can send me your collection listing?

I live in Asia but if we do a deal, I can pay for your air ticket to Asia on reimbursement basis. There are decent lodging in Shanghai (China) at 20 Euro per day that I can introduce you to. You can treat it as a short trip with free air ticket

If we deal, I will pass you cash in the form of Euro 500 banknotes.

Volcanon
posted May 04, 2012 07:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTDetermine:
On second thoughts, maybe you can send me your collection listing?

I live in Asia but if we do a deal, I can pay for your air ticket to Asia on reimbursement basis. There are decent lodging in Shanghai (China) at 20 Euro per day that I can introduce you to. You can treat it as a short trip with free air ticket

If we deal, I will pass you cash in the form of Euro 500 banknotes.

Will it be in a brown paper bag, not with serial numbers, and out of the back of a truck behind a cheap-but-tasty jiaozi restaurant?

dunil
posted May 05, 2012 01:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dunil Click Here to Email dunil Send a private message to dunil Click to send dunil an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for interest, tips and ideas. Main reasons for me to find European dealer was the distance (easy, quick & cheap to travel) and that the payment would be done via EU bank transfer (fast & no fees on either side).

MagixDK
posted May 05, 2012 03:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
doesnt work everywhere, but ill pay that 18 euro fee, on a transaction of this size.

MTDetermine
posted May 05, 2012 08:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTDetermine Click Here to Email MTDetermine Send a private message to MTDetermine Click to send MTDetermine an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Will it be in a brown paper bag, not with serial numbers, and out of the back of a truck behind a cheap-but-tasty jiaozi restaurant?

That is too much trouble. Meet in a nice big state-owned bank. Purchase the Euros from the bank and pass the Euros on the spot.

KIP_NZ
posted May 07, 2012 01:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for KIP_NZ Click Here to Email KIP_NZ Send a private message to KIP_NZ Click to send KIP_NZ an Instant MessageVisit KIP_NZ's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTDetermine:
You can consider Benjamin:

http://forums.magictraders.com/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=kartenguru

+1 on Ben, then if there's any of the cards I want in the collection Ben will onsell them to me

Former DCI Level 2 Judge (Retired)

jshields
posted May 07, 2012 01:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jshields Click Here to Email jshields Send a private message to jshields Click to send jshields an Instant MessageVisit jshields's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have had a number of really fair deals selling cards to European dealers and have found that they typically give a better price than most american stores. While I also buy collections as a store dealer and live in America, I would highly recommend Filip Cec (Croatia), Cartesius (Germany), Eytor (not sure how his name is spelled, but he lives in Spain), or Marvin Austria (Austria) to European members as I have sold multiple times to each of these people. They all have given me fair deals and are willing to negotiate prices. I have no idea how much shipping is in various European countries, but would bet that it would be less than shipping to America.

Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 552-2204

Fun-N-Games Facebook Page - Be a Fan!
(Magic Coupons, events, & more!)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fun-N-Games-Hobby-Shoppe

Live @ WV, Blacksburg or Roanoke, VA? Come to Fun-N-Games!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by jshields on May 07, 2012]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League