Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Who is the best-stocked dealer on MOTL?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Who is the best-stocked dealer on MOTL?
keywacat
posted April 26, 2012 08:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
I am looking to buy a bunch of foil cards and thought to approach MOTL's best stocked dealer with my list, as I would rather not pay SCG prices and ChannelFireball is out of half the things I am looking.

Anyone know who that would be?

Demilio
posted April 26, 2012 09:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Demilio Click Here to Email Demilio Send a private message to Demilio Click to send Demilio an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Demilio's Have/Want ListView Demilio's Have/Want List
Troll & Toad seems well stocked

Jazaray
posted April 26, 2012 09:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well, I just did several third party trades for baldr7, there was quite a lot of foils in them, you might want to check his list. And I agree with Demilio, Troll and Toad's not a bad option either.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Jaz is now selling Tupperware! Help her out! ;)

MAB_Rapper
posted April 26, 2012 09:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Send a private message to MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Demilio:

But they generally don't sell on MOTL and take forever to get back to you if they are buying.

To answer the question: It depends on what type of foils. Right now, I have a tons of older stuff, but not much newer. Others have plenty of more recent items but nothing for the Vintage/Legacy crowd.

I think no matter what you do, it's gonna be a pick and choose situation.

The Official Tower Magic Facebook Page

AtriumXP
posted April 26, 2012 10:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AtriumXP Click Here to Email AtriumXP Send a private message to AtriumXP Click to send AtriumXP an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Your best bet, or at least a good interim strategy, is to post your wants list and an offer price on the lot, but also individual card prices. Specify you're looking for a package deal, but that you're willing to buy them in pieces (set a minimum order amount).

Lord Crovax
posted April 26, 2012 11:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AtriumXP:
Your best bet, or at least a good interim strategy, is to post your wants list and an offer price on the lot, but also individual card prices. Specify you're looking for a package deal, but that you're willing to buy them in pieces (set a minimum order amount).

This, also letting us know exactly what you are looking for helps, as it seems many of the MOTL dealers focus on certain areas over others.

keywacat
posted April 26, 2012 11:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
Cheers for the help so far, all my wants are listed as a 'one-price' lot with individual prices per card. Anyone curious is welcome to look at my have/want list (buylist).

It is for my EDH pool and to finish one modern deck, and so is all over the place, though nothing older than 8th edition.

stu55
posted April 26, 2012 01:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demilio:

Tnt doesn't sell through MOTL

Lord Crovax
posted April 26, 2012 01:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by keywacat:
Cheers for the help so far, all my wants are listed as a 'one-price' lot with individual prices per card. Anyone curious is welcome to look at my have/want list (buylist).

It is for my EDH pool and to finish one modern deck, and so is all over the place, though nothing older than 8th edition.

Aside from a couple cards, mostly easy to get stuff, couple of the harder to get items, looked a little low price wise.

Also International is a killer, so expensive shipping wise.

Looking at it though, and number of members should have it all save maybe 1-4 cards, just going to be finding one to ship it out.

Swift2210
posted April 26, 2012 01:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Swift2210 Click Here to Email Swift2210 Send a private message to Swift2210 Click to send Swift2210 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Swift2210's Have/Want ListView Swift2210's Have/Want List
If you want foils from recent expansions your best bet is Ebay. kidicarus2000 is my seller of choice. If you want to stick to motl/salvation palomides29 has a fairly extensive collection of foils for sale

JayC
posted April 26, 2012 08:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JayC's Have/Want ListView JayC's Have/Want List
I just bought $300 in foils from SCG, they had everything.

keywacat
posted April 26, 2012 11:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by JayC:
I just bought $300 in foils from SCG, they had everything.

True, I just do not want to pay thier prices or go through the hoops they have for international shipping.

One reason I want to do this through MOTL is to keep the money in the family, so to speak. And international post is only high when using registered or some service like DHL. Normal post has been quite satisfactory with everything I have purchased so far from members.

choco man
posted April 27, 2012 10:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by keywacat:
True, I just do not want to pay thier prices or go through the hoops they have for international shipping.

One reason I want to do this through MOTL is to keep the money in the family, so to speak. And international post is only high when using registered or some service like DHL. Normal post has been quite satisfactory with everything I have purchased so far from members.

How much does SCG charge non-US buyers for shipping? It seems to be a common reason why some non-US MOTL'ers have mentioned not buying from them.

jshields
posted May 07, 2012 01:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jshields Click Here to Email jshields Send a private message to jshields Click to send jshields an Instant MessageVisit jshields's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I normally have a pretty large selection of wholesale foils that are sold locally and on MOTL. I just recently sold out the majority of my inventory to make room for new stuff from Avacyn restored and found that it is better to offer a buy list or wholesale foil buy list for the specific cards you are looking for, especially if they are harder to find.

I also agree with others that I would avoid buying bulk lots from SCG, after buying 3 different wholesale lots of 1000+ foil cards and 2 lots of 1000+ bulk rares for my store, only to get 20-40 repeats of the same card that was not a basic land (who really needs or wants to get 40 Blinkmoth Infusion and 40 Temporal Cascade each in the same lot???)

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League