Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Battling postal service.

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Battling postal service.
DConNexus
posted November 09, 2011 09:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
If you feel the USPS has lost mail, namely card trades you did not DC, is there a way to go to that postal office you sent from to see if they even sent it? Or have the receiver pester their local PO.

PortlisX
posted November 10, 2011 12:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
No, you're hosed. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the post office absolutely does not keep track of your stuff, especially if you didn't purchase DC. The clerk will look at you funny and tell you that there's nothing they can do, guaranteed.

Heck, even if you DID purchase DC and they still lost it, they'd still tell you that you are SOL because DC is not in any way a guarantee of delivery or insurance. Trust me, it's happened to me before.

Hooskdaddy
posted November 10, 2011 08:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A good rule of thumb is this:
If you aren't going to purchase insurance, don't send anything you can't afford to lose.

DConNexus
posted November 10, 2011 09:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
Thank you to ya both. I figured I was in the SOL department. Darn.

davef139
posted November 10, 2011 09:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for davef139 Click Here to Email davef139 Send a private message to davef139 Click to send davef139 an Instant MessageVisit davef139's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
DC does nothing to show you sent an item either.

slurpee
posted November 10, 2011 09:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
There is a form you can fill out and it is suppose to track down the package.

I have filled it out a couple of times and it went into a black hole without any response.

AlmostGrown
posted November 10, 2011 10:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
If your items are being sent as First Class parcels, there should be an internal DC# that the USPS has that keeps track of the items sent - you should inquire about that.

DConNexus
posted November 10, 2011 10:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
I have been sending as First Classes so maybe there is a chance.

Numotflame96
posted November 10, 2011 10:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Numotflame96 Click Here to Email Numotflame96 Send a private message to Numotflame96 Click to send Numotflame96 an Instant MessageVisit Numotflame96's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Anything without insurance and you're likely screwed. USPS is a company with a monopoly by law so unless you're willing to shell out an arm or a leg for insurance or extra money another postal service with extra things you don't want attached, then they don't really care how much you complain.

nderdog
posted November 10, 2011 10:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Numotflame96:
USPS is a company with a monopoly by law

Yes, it's a crying shame there isn't another service that will transport packages for you to people in other locations. Oh wait, never mind, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. DO exist!

If you know of any service that will take your crap and send it to the other side of the country for under $2, and is willing to accept responsibility for your poor packaging and will compensate you for any loss or damage, by all means, feel free. Otherwise, if you can't afford to lose it, pay for proper shipping.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

hilikuS
posted November 10, 2011 11:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Numotflame96:
Anything without insurance and you're likely screwed. USPS is a company with a monopoly by law so unless you're willing to shell out an arm or a leg for insurance or extra money another postal service with extra things you don't want attached, then they don't really care how much you complain.

I don't think you're making a fair assessment here.

Also, while they may have a monopoly on shipping letters, and small packages (they don't, but the costs of every other service make it basically a monopoly), they aren't a for-profit company. The costs of shipping are very reasonable considering what you're getting.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hilikuS on November 10, 2011]

Vegas10
posted November 10, 2011 07:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
I work for the USPS and it's funny how people complain but don't understand the Postal service. WE deliver about 177 Billion pieces of mail a year, thats why it's impossible to find a single lost letter without tracking, and far less than even 1% of letters are "lost". Most of the time letters arn't delivered is because they were not properly addresses people sometimes write down the wrong number, street, state, zip or whatever and even then we get them to the right place often, always put a return address on anything you mail that way if there is one of those issues it will come back to you. If whatever you are sending has alot of value sending it insured or registered is probably worth the extra price, and if you want something that is trackable delivery confirmation is very cheap. try sending something through ups or fedex for $2 or less and see if they will also offer tracking for that low of a price.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Vegas10 on November 11, 2011]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League