Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Shadows Over Innistrad discussion thread (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Shadows Over Innistrad discussion thread
skizzikmonger
posted March 04, 2016 12:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Spoiler

Love investigate, and Relentless Dead is going in my Grimgrin deck

[Edited 1 times, lastly by skizzikmonger on March 04, 2016]

aethertech
posted March 04, 2016 01:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by skizzikmonger:
Spoiler

Love investigate, and Relentless Dead is going in my Grimgrin deck

Relentless Dead is the best black 2-drop since Bloodghast. Maybe even better.

ALMOST an infinite combo with Ashnod's Altar and Fleshbag. Almost ;D

skizzikmonger
posted March 05, 2016 05:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
New Avacyn is sweet

aethertech
posted March 05, 2016 06:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
Yep.
Yep.
Yep.

I need a copy of that.

thror
posted March 05, 2016 06:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
serra angel, with flash, wrath protection, and a nasty temper. well damn.

AEther Storm
posted March 07, 2016 03:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
First few cards are nice to see. Most likely going to the prerelease for the first time in a year..

As always, hoping for a new good quality mill-card.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

hilikuS
posted March 07, 2016 08:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
Thing in the Ice is crazy good, right?

aethertech
posted March 07, 2016 09:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by hilikuS:

No. It's not Delver.

iccarus
posted March 07, 2016 02:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hilikuS:

Great flavor, but feels way too conditional for constructed play. At least Delver can still get in there for damage while you wait for a flip.

Who knows though? It could be just the early defense control needs, which can eventually turn in to a finisher.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

chaos021
posted March 07, 2016 02:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
Do people actually think the new Delver is constructed playable? Seems like hot garbage to me.

Sale Thread

aethertech
posted March 07, 2016 04:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:
Do people actually think the new Delver is constructed playable? Seems like hot garbage to me.

It's about as cold as it gets.

Volcanon
posted March 07, 2016 05:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This format already looks about a hundred times better than bfz.

coasterdude84
posted March 07, 2016 06:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:

Absolutely.

aethertech
posted March 07, 2016 06:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
But, is it better than Fallen Empire?

Volcanon
posted March 07, 2016 07:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aethertech:
But, is it better than Fallen Empire?

Yes, because FE sucks?

fluffycow
posted March 07, 2016 10:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for fluffycow Click Here to Email fluffycow Send a private message to fluffycow Click to send fluffycow an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

This set is looking crazy good. But the preorder prices on some of these cards are nuts too. This feels like rtr where everything was $10+ before release

aethertech
posted March 07, 2016 10:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Yes, because FE sucks?

But, Hymn to Tourach...

coasterdude84
posted March 08, 2016 05:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by aethertech:
But, Hymn to Tourach...

Don't forget High Tide! And...and...Goblin Grenade?

aethertech
posted March 08, 2016 07:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coasterdude84:
Don't forget High Tide! And...and...Goblin Grenade?

Goblin Grenade is great!

simbayu
posted March 11, 2016 03:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View simbayu's Have/Want ListView simbayu's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by skizzikmonger:
New Avacyn is sweet

Not sure how good this will be, but I'm excited to try out the new Serra Angel if nothing more than to relive my childhood.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by simbayu on March 11, 2016]

aethertech
posted March 11, 2016 05:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
The problem with Spoiler season, is that it feels like reading Tower of God.

Cliffhangers and anticipation.

Pail42
posted March 12, 2016 12:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Lots of good madness enablers, but I haven't seen an impressive madness cost yet.

chaos021
posted March 12, 2016 08:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
Lots of good madness enablers, but I haven't seen an impressive madness cost yet.

I'm with this sentiment. I haven't seen a single, decent madness spell yet. The letdown is starting to come over me.

Sale Thread

Pail42
posted March 13, 2016 03:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling madness is getting the golgari treatment this time around. "Oh wow, the cards we made in this design space last time were way too good. Let's target 'okay' and hope we don't accidentally make something broken."

thror
posted March 13, 2016 04:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
printing lightning axe kinda means all the madness costs have to be terrible, just because of how good an enabler axe is.

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League