Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Okay, so, whats wrong with overmaster

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Okay, so, whats wrong with overmaster
kingtal0n
posted April 03, 2016 01:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for kingtal0n Click Here to Email kingtal0n Send a private message to kingtal0n Click to send kingtal0n an Instant MessageVisit kingtal0n's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View kingtal0n's Have/Want ListView kingtal0n's Have/Want List
Overmaster, it looks great but nobody uses it. Is there something better to cycle a red color card you were holding for 1r and also as a side effect if you did decide to cast something else, anything, nobody could counter it?

II just wish it also had "remove from the game to add 1r to your mana pool"

[Edited 1 times, lastly by kingtal0n on April 03, 2016]

thror
posted April 03, 2016 01:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
it doesnt DO anything. if you have a spell you want to protect, you're better off playing your own counterspells or discard spells. they have the added benefit of also stopping whatever your opponent is doing.

LandDestroyer
posted April 03, 2016 06:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I'm not entire sure I read your question correctly. Does Vexing Shusher help what you need?

kingtal0n
posted April 05, 2016 05:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for kingtal0n Click Here to Email kingtal0n Send a private message to kingtal0n Click to send kingtal0n an Instant MessageVisit kingtal0n's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View kingtal0n's Have/Want ListView kingtal0n's Have/Want List
I guess what I see is the cycle, imagine if you had a land instead with cycle. thats not bad, if you need the mana or not, you just toss it for 1r and get a new card. like manamorphose or quicken or something.

And it ensures the show and tell goes through, or the fireball, or whatever. Say its red/green and I dont want to play a creature like susher and I dont have any counter spells.

Like a fetchland, it takes up space but disappears 1 card from the library at some point for 1r instead of 1life.

[Edited 3 times, lastly by kingtal0n on April 05, 2016]

James_Hetfield2
posted April 05, 2016 10:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for James_Hetfield2 Click Here to Email James_Hetfield2 Send a private message to James_Hetfield2 Click to send James_Hetfield2 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View James_Hetfield2's Have/Want ListView James_Hetfield2's Have/Want List
One of the reason these kind of cards aren't good is mulligans. If you have an opening hand with two of them, you have no idea what you are going to cantrip into. So you are losing information.

thror
posted April 05, 2016 03:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingtal0n:
I guess what I see is the cycle, imagine if you had a land instead with cycle.

you mean, like, forgotten cave? theres a whole cycle of them from onslaught (and older ones from Ursa block that cycled for 2 colorless) that havent been looked at in ages because they just arent that good. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=41140

they dont do enough to make up for the tapped drawback.

If you're casting Show+tell, you can still just play counterspells to protect that instead. force of will protects Show better than overmaster, because it also protects you from discard.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League