Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Grand Prix Portland: Roll Call! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Grand Prix Portland: Roll Call!
CrazyBones
posted March 19, 2013 04:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBones Click Here to Email CrazyBones Send a private message to CrazyBones Click to send CrazyBones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CrazyBones's Have/Want ListView CrazyBones's Have/Want List
Anyone attending?

It would be nice to meet some MOTL peeps.

Thanos
posted March 19, 2013 04:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If anyone going would be willing to get a few cards signed by Mike Dringenberg for me, PM me, thanks!

caquaa
posted March 19, 2013 04:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
3 hr drive, I plan on being there. Hopefully starting work again soon though, who knows how that will interfere.

Zachstax888
posted March 22, 2013 12:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zachstax888 Send a private message to Zachstax888 Click to send Zachstax888 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll be there. Heading up with some friends from Newberg

gaeacradle
posted March 22, 2013 02:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
There is a SCG Open in Dallas the same weekend, otherwise, I would be really tempted to go.

CrazyBones
posted March 22, 2013 04:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBones Click Here to Email CrazyBones Send a private message to CrazyBones Click to send CrazyBones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CrazyBones's Have/Want ListView CrazyBones's Have/Want List
Hmm. Do they commonly schedule GP's on the same weekend? Seems odd.

Let alone they picked Mother's Day weekend.

walkerdog
posted March 22, 2013 04:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyBones:

The same weekend as SCGs? Yes, all the time...

CrazyBones
posted March 22, 2013 04:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBones Click Here to Email CrazyBones Send a private message to CrazyBones Click to send CrazyBones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CrazyBones's Have/Want ListView CrazyBones's Have/Want List
.....reading was never my strong suit. I'm thankful the cards have pictures.

Disregard my last question.

walkerdog
posted March 22, 2013 05:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:
.....reading was never my strong suit. I'm thankful the cards have pictures.

Disregard my last question.

I figured you might have missed that little detail, although Opens are basically GPs at this point.

MAB_Rapper
posted March 22, 2013 05:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

SCG doesn't care when the GPs are if they are not running them. They just run event in a different part of the country to get those players who won't travel to the GP.

hilikuS: Also, as much as MAB's list has become the list on the T/A Forum, I do miss Slinga's.

nouveaux
Administrator
posted March 25, 2013 10:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nouveaux Send a private message to nouveaux Click to send nouveaux an Instant MessageVisit nouveaux's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nouveaux's Have/Want ListView nouveaux's Have/Want List
MOTL will be there. Come visit us at our booth.
caquaa
posted March 26, 2013 05:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Start a new job April 8th. I'll be 1 week out of training and not sure when I'll know how terrible my schedule is or if I'll have an opportunity to request the time off; I assume I'll be working. I have a strong feeling I'll be missing a local GP where I really like the format. Bad timing I suppose.

nderdog
posted March 26, 2013 07:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nouveaux:

Well crap. I really had myself convinced that there was no reason to go, and you go and pull this? Dammit!

Guess I'll be there, just won't be playing.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

walkerdog
posted March 26, 2013 08:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
Well crap. I really had myself convinced that there was no reason to go, and you go and pull this? Dammit!

Guess I'll be there, just won't be playing.

Why not play!

Liq
posted March 26, 2013 08:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Liq Click Here to Email Liq Send a private message to Liq Click to send Liq an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Liq's Trade Auction or SaleView Liq's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by nouveaux:

Awesome. Another reason to go.

<BoltBait> Don't make me kick you
<Slinga> Have no fear, MOTL's janitor is here!
<nderdog> So we're all agreed, it's Liq's fault, right?
<Leshrac> let me deal with that
* Liq has been banned

nderdog
posted March 26, 2013 04:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by walkerdog:
Why not play!

Paying $40 for a playmat, promo and getting my ass kicked isn't exactly a deal I'm interested in.

Report rules violations.

caquaa
posted March 26, 2013 06:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Paying $40 for a playmat, promo and getting my ass kicked isn't exactly a deal I'm interested in.

meh, its not that bad of a deal. All is dust is a $10 card, promo has to be slightly higher? So $25 play mat. If its nice enough... haven't bothered to check it out tho

nderdog
posted March 26, 2013 07:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
meh, its not that bad of a deal. All is dust is a $10 card, promo has to be slightly higher? So $25 play mat. If its nice enough... haven't bothered to check it out tho

I just flat-out haven't had fun playing in a while. It's probably just my play group, but I have zero interest in the GP, which is sad, because I've loved the other 2 I've been to.

Report rules violations.

walkerdog
posted March 26, 2013 08:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:

If you need a deck I could have one there friday, assuming you don't mind covering shipping (UWR).

Thanos
posted March 26, 2013 08:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
If anyone going would be willing to get a few cards signed by Mike Dringenberg for me, PM me, thanks!

nderdog
posted March 27, 2013 07:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
If you need a deck I could have one there friday, assuming you don't mind covering shipping (UWR).

I'd have no problems putting a deck together, it's the playskill that is sorely lacking.

Report rules violations.

walkerdog
posted March 27, 2013 08:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:
I'd have no problems putting a deck together, it's the playskill that is sorely lacking.

Gotcha. Eh, grind a few matchs friday night, or enter a grinder for practice!

dwiz
posted March 27, 2013 08:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Gotcha. Eh, grind a few matchs friday night, or enter a grinder for practice!

Aren't the grinders $20 and single elimination? Might as well enter the main event and get all the freebies and get to play more than 1 match.

CrazyBones
posted March 27, 2013 01:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBones Click Here to Email CrazyBones Send a private message to CrazyBones Click to send CrazyBones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CrazyBones's Have/Want ListView CrazyBones's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:

Actually, the Portland event promo is a alt art Primeval Titan.

caquaa
posted March 27, 2013 05:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Actually, the Portland event promo is a alt art Primeval Titan.

shows how much I pay attention ><

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League