Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Best way to part with collection.

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Best way to part with collection.
Soldier Boi
posted April 23, 2013 11:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have a very large collection and I was thinking about parting with some of it to pay off the rest of my car. I just had a few questions.

1. Which price guide do you use to calculate the value of your collection?
2. If sold as a whole how much do people normally take off?
3. With the fee's is it worth selling on eBay?

Volcanon
posted April 23, 2013 11:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Soldier Boi:
I have a very large collection and I was thinking about parting with some of it to pay off the rest of my car. I just had a few questions.

1. eBay end prices.
2. Depends on what's being sold.
3. Yes. It takes forever to sell certain things and there's less hassle with people trying to wing free shipping on eBay. Also, there's fewer rippers on ebay.

LandDestroyer
posted April 23, 2013 11:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Soldier Boi:

I've sold my collection several times (sad face). It really depends on how fast you need the cash. Obviously you'd get more by piecing the collection out. Sometimes I've even only sold the cards worth over a certain amount and just held onto the rest.

1). ebay prices
2). depends on if they need all of the cards in the lot. whenever i BUY collections i usually just add up cards i need and cards I know i can sell easily and i bulk the rest.
3). It's worth selling on ebay if you can't find a buyer anywhere else willing to pay that much. i've sold hundreds of magic auctions on ebay.

Soldier Boi
posted April 24, 2013 09:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well its mostly legacy staples. I doubt anyone needs ALL the cards. Sounds like I should probably piece it out.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League