Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Other Duals vs Volcanic Island

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Other Duals vs Volcanic Island
jellyfishfanatic
posted January 14, 2015 05:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jellyfishfanatic Click Here to Email jellyfishfanatic Send a private message to jellyfishfanatic Click to send jellyfishfanatic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want ListView jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want List
Just would like some guidance on a potential trade.

I'm looking at picking up a Volcanic Island that's (I'd say) in MP condition. I figure its value would land around 210 in its condition.

In order to get it, I've offered up some other duals, namely a Plateau (LP), Badlands (MP), Scrubland (LP+), and Taiga (LP+) that would be packaged in order to meet the value on the Island.

My questions are:

What value does an MP Volcanic Island carry?

Which of the other duals should I be offering up?

Is this a worthwhile trade up?

I kind of have the values in mind that I would place on my duals and what I would be offering and I feel that regardless of what I offer (whether 3 for 1 or 4 for 1 + value stuff) I'm not shooting myself in the foot because

A) its a trade up

B) its a blue dual

C) I feel like whatever I give up, I could replace in the future as I go.

Polite thoughts and advice appreciated!

Thanks.

psyduck_dude12
posted January 14, 2015 09:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psyduck_dude12 Click Here to Email psyduck_dude12 Send a private message to psyduck_dude12 Click to send psyduck_dude12 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
volcanic is 180 going rate and 230s retail for a mp
The duals you listed can all be had for around 45$ cash or 60s retail. The trade is a fair trade but your just not diversified. If U/R becomes less desirable to play, volcanic may drop. Volcanic used to be around the same price as tropical island until demand spiked due to legacy decks and it quickly caught up with sea.

all that said, I would easily still take the volcanic!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by psyduck_dude12 on January 14, 2015]

mm1983
posted January 15, 2015 05:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
As a personal preference I would never do 4 for 1 non blue duals for a blue dual. I do agree that the value on both ends are close but I feel the future value potential is greater with having more duals even with all 4 of the non blue duals being in the $45-60 range and Volcanic being near $200. This really depends on how badly you need the blue dual I guess.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by mm1983 on January 15, 2015]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League