Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  How to Sell Sets

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   How to Sell Sets
sleeperx
posted September 29, 2013 11:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for sleeperx Click Here to Email sleeperx Send a private message to sleeperx Click to send sleeperx an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View sleeperx's Trade Auction or SaleView sleeperx's Trade Auction or Sale
I've got a couple of Modern Masters playsets that I want to be selling within the year, Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant, Vendilion, etc. For these playsets, I have 3 normal and 1 foil.

I haven't done much selling, but I THINK selling as a set usually gets a better price than as singles? And would be less hassle.

My question is, would it be better to sell them as a set, as singles or 3 and 1? I'm planning on putting them on eBay.

slurpee
posted September 29, 2013 01:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
I think you will do better on MOTL after the fees. singles I think will always get you a better price

Lord Crovax
posted September 29, 2013 01:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Singles leads to better prices, but leaves you with the chaff and/or bulking out some of it..

Selling as sets gets higher the bulk on bulk, but less on staples..

thror
posted September 29, 2013 02:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
your playsets arent real sets. you're going to have to break them up. very few people are going to want 3 +1 foil as a playset.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League