Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Remand (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Remand
jbark
posted July 06, 2013 02:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
So where do we see this card going? Not reprinted and played in just about every blue modern deck, especially in the now gaining popularity UWR decks.

I see a few recent BINs were at $40+ could it be a $20 uncommon in modern season.

I feel it was a big omission from modern masters. Next to path its probably the most played uncommon with helix right be hind.

Godswill
posted July 06, 2013 02:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Godswill's Have/Want ListView Godswill's Have/Want List
I wouldn't be surprised to see it reprinted in Theros.

Kwas
posted July 06, 2013 02:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
getting reprinted together with all the modern cards not in MM.

jbark
posted July 06, 2013 02:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
With all the speculation of remand, thoughtseize, new lands, and others in theros it could be better than modern masters. Gotta love speculation.

Mr.C
posted July 06, 2013 03:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by jbark:
With all the speculation of remand, thoughtseize, new lands, and others in theros it could be better than modern masters. Gotta love speculation.

It could be. They have to top RtR, remember?

Basaka
posted July 06, 2013 08:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Basaka Click Here to Email Basaka Send a private message to Basaka Click to send Basaka an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure that WotC would want Remand in a standard format though...

gaeacradle
posted July 06, 2013 08:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Basaka:
I'm not sure that WotC would want Remand in a standard format though...

They did say that they don't want Remand to be in Standard again.

Vegas10
posted July 07, 2013 01:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Godswill:
I wouldn't be surprised to see it reprinted in Theros.

Is this based on anything because I don't think it will be in standard again, however a reprint in other types of things duel decks mm2 etc is likely at some point

mm1983
posted July 07, 2013 02:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
I can see the possibility of remand in a duel deck. This keeps it out of standard while increasing the supply of them into modern.

Lord Crovax
posted July 07, 2013 03:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Remand won't be in Theros or any other Standard legal set, WoTC deems it to powerful.

I more expect to see it in a Future CMDR, Planechase, and/or duel deck product.

daner
posted July 07, 2013 10:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Crovax:
Remand won't be in Theros or any other Standard legal set, WoTC deems it to powerful.

I more expect to see it in a Future CMDR, Planechase, and/or duel deck product.

It's the truth...but it's funny. WOTC says they dislike counters bc it prevents players from playing....but cards like Burning Tree Emissary do the EXACT same thing.

They just dislike counters....they aren't worrried about format warping uncommons.

Godswill
posted July 08, 2013 10:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Godswill's Have/Want ListView Godswill's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Vegas10:
Is this based on anything because I don't think it will be in standard again, however a reprint in other types of things duel decks mm2 etc is likely at some point

Nope, it was based on intuition. Forgot that WotC mentioned they didn't like Remand.

revenger
posted July 11, 2013 09:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Whats the going rate on 1x each right now? Last I heard they were $4 each...

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

MTGO Clan

Kwas
posted July 11, 2013 09:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by revenger:

12-15.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Kwas on July 11, 2013]

revenger
posted July 11, 2013 09:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwas:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by revenger:

12-15.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

MTGO Clan

thror
posted July 11, 2013 09:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=38392

sold out. $15.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

Volcanon
posted July 11, 2013 11:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gaeacradle:
They did say that they don't want Remand to be in Standard again.

And they said shadow would never get reprinted when Time Spiral was sitting, printed, in a warehouse somewhere.

Lord Crovax
posted July 12, 2013 02:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
And they said shadow would never get reprinted when Time Spiral was sitting, printed, in a warehouse somewhere.

Different reasons though, Shadow didn't play well, Remand is just damn near broken in how powerful it is.

revenger
posted July 19, 2013 10:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I can't seem to move my 3x Remands for $13 each. Have they peeked and went back down?

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

MTGO Clan

coasterdude84
posted July 19, 2013 10:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
BINs go in the $13-14 range. Auctions seem to be ending $9-11. I'd say drop to $12.

Godswill
posted July 19, 2013 11:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Godswill's Have/Want ListView Godswill's Have/Want List
Since it's probably not going to be reprinted in Standard, I don't see why they didn't print it in MM as a rare.

thror
posted July 19, 2013 11:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Godswill:
Since it's probably not going to be reprinted in Standard, I don't see why they didn't print it in MM as a rare.

no idea why it would have been a rare. uncommon just like spell snare would have been fine. but they didn't, so dont expect the price to come down any time soon.

you should probably hold them until modern season picks up. could go up to 15+ very easily.

Godswill
posted July 19, 2013 12:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Godswill's Have/Want ListView Godswill's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
no idea why it would have been a rare. uncommon just like spell snare would have been fine. but they didn't, so dont expect the price to come down any time soon.

you should probably hold them until modern season picks up. could go up to 15+ very easily.

Because you're forgetting that it was designed as a draft format. Remand at uncommon would have been too strong. Besides that, remand is probably good enough to be a rare.

jvs
posted July 19, 2013 12:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jvs Click Here to Email jvs Send a private message to jvs Click to send jvs an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Remand would have been like the 4th best uncommon in MMA draft, and only that high because it is so good against suspend.

jvs

thror
posted July 19, 2013 01:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
yea, it would be in the same category as:
finks redcap marsh flitter cloudgoat helix, and probably ahead of stir the pride and tromp the domains.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League