Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Selling a collection. value?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Selling a collection. value?
Link139232
posted July 23, 2013 06:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Link139232 Click Here to Email Link139232 Send a private message to Link139232 Click to send Link139232 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Link139232's Have/Want ListView Link139232's Have/Want List
caged sun - 4
extraplanar - 8
caged sun - 5
jace - 12
vorinc - 7
sigarda - 5
2x yavimaya hollow - 9each
2x master bio - 12
azusa - 14
land tax - 15
ulamog - 28
2x sword of BaM - 8 each
2x Sword of WaP - 14 each
2x Sword of FaF - 18 each
avacyn - 18
obzedat - 8
tooth and nail - 10
rofellos - 16
earthcraft - 18
2x mirri's guile - 11 each
sunpetal - 5
glacial fort - 2
zur - 4
hinterland - 5
aluren - 7
clone foil - 4
memnarch - 5
4x aven mind - 10 each
miraris - 11
garruk - 4 each
deathless angel - 5
path to exile - 8
michi - 2
sunlblast - 1 each
reya - 5
WoG - 6 each
Indomitable - 2 each
grand abolis - 3
sun tit - 3
true convic - 1 each
swords to plow - 5
sterling gro - 5
ascetic - 4
virgor - 10
2x e wit - 3
Birds of para - 3 each
dungrove - 2 each
elvish pip - 5 each
kalastria - 3
jenara - 8
elvish champ - 3
sakashima - 10
maelstrom - 5
supreme ver - 5
4x death bringer - 11 each
eladamris call - 5
sterling grove- 5
darksteel col - 5 each
b pods - 5 each
venser - 4
child of al - 5
kaalia - 15
rafiq - 7
liliana vess - 7
sheoldred - 5
mana refl - 14
sol ring - 11
basilisk c - 6
seedborn - 7
it that betrays - 5
Dem tutor - 12
urborg, tomb - 16
2x transcen mas - 4 each

plus $150 in $1-2 rares and other bulk and 300-350 zendikar/snow covered lands.

------------

I got this email from a friend trying to sell his collection. What's a good value to sell this at?

AGO
posted July 23, 2013 06:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Add it up and knock off 30%. His Prices seem on the high end.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AGO on July 23, 2013]

ijuanda
posted July 23, 2013 06:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ijuanda Click Here to Email ijuanda Send a private message to ijuanda Click to send ijuanda an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ijuanda's Have/Want ListView ijuanda's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AGO:
Add it up and knock off 30%. His Prices seem on the high end.

+1

id be inclined to go to 40% knockdown

Lord Crovax
posted July 23, 2013 06:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
60% of whatever the total you come up with is....

nylarotep
posted July 23, 2013 08:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
Who's he selling it to? You? If so, 40%. If not, 60.

Kelldroth
posted July 23, 2013 09:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kelldroth Click Here to Email Kelldroth Send a private message to Kelldroth Click to send Kelldroth an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
He's asking ludicrously high prices on most of that junk (Looks like SCG funnybucks prices, or even higher). I'd guesstimate the proper price at around 50% of all of that, but I'd determine my own price on each card individually. I tend to pay around 70-80% market value (Ebay completed or TCG lowest for condition) -1 dollar (to cover the fee and shipping for retailing it) on each card.

Link139232
posted July 24, 2013 09:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Link139232 Click Here to Email Link139232 Send a private message to Link139232 Click to send Link139232 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Link139232's Have/Want ListView Link139232's Have/Want List
I want to buy it and make a profit on it. He wants $460 for the lot. Think there's room for profit?

Vermilion
posted July 24, 2013 11:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vermilion Click Here to Email Vermilion Send a private message to Vermilion Click to send Vermilion an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vermilion's Have/Want ListView Vermilion's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Link139232:
I want to buy it and make a profit on it. He wants $460 for the lot. Think there's room for profit?

I personally wouldn't pay more then $350 for this. His prices on a few of the cards are pretty absurd.

Added everything if my math is correct it comes to $768 by his prices.

I don't think it will be worth the time paying $460 for this.

Godswill
posted July 24, 2013 11:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Godswill's Have/Want ListView Godswill's Have/Want List
quote:

Just pass. Aside from a handful of cards, it's all jank. You're going to spend more time selling it than it's worth. I wouldn't touch this collection with a 10ft pole.

Vermilion
posted July 24, 2013 11:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vermilion Click Here to Email Vermilion Send a private message to Vermilion Click to send Vermilion an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vermilion's Have/Want ListView Vermilion's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Godswill:
Just pass. Aside from a handful of cards, it's all jank. You're going to spend more time selling it than it's worth. I wouldn't touch this collection with a 10ft pole.

+1

paragondave
posted July 24, 2013 12:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:

nope, but there's tons of room for loss.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League