Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Should I have a Foil Jace, The mind Sculptor graded?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Should I have a Foil Jace, The mind Sculptor graded?
deruku
posted April 08, 2013 04:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for deruku Click Here to Email deruku Send a private message to deruku Click to send deruku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
He is vissualy in great condition and even under a jewelers loop it looks good to me. What are some opinions oh having it graded?

AGO
posted April 08, 2013 05:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
I think most people who are looking for a Foil Jace want to use him. Grading is more for Power and Alpha/Beta.

Marvin Austria
posted April 08, 2013 11:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin Austria Click Here to Email Marvin Austria Send a private message to Marvin Austria Click to send Marvin Austria an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Marvin Austria's Have/Want ListView Marvin Austria's Have/Want List
Still I think if it gets graded 9+ it might get a little premium
Huge premium for 10

Not sure however how realistic it is to get a jace foil graded 10

-M

daner
posted April 09, 2013 02:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
If it gets a 10 you can expect a huge premium. IF. That's a big if. Anything less probably not, and most people would want it to play with if it didn't make a 10 grade.

mm1983
posted April 09, 2013 05:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
English I would say no, Japanese or Russian probably yes.

Kwas
posted April 09, 2013 05:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
Depends on language and your interest in it, I guess.

If you want to hold it, as a collectors item, I would propably get it graded (if you reckon at least 9.5 most likely). If you want to play it, I wouldn't.

Also, if jap/rus I would most likely STOP playing it, and get it graded ASAP if it's 9.

Mr.C
posted April 09, 2013 01:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
Yep, I'd grade it, especially if English.

Marvin Austria
posted April 09, 2013 01:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin Austria Click Here to Email Marvin Austria Send a private message to Marvin Austria Click to send Marvin Austria an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Marvin Austria's Have/Want ListView Marvin Austria's Have/Want List
Sarcasm?
or not?
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.C:
Yep, I'd grade it, especially if English.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Marvin Austria on April 09, 2013]

Vermilion
posted April 10, 2013 05:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vermilion Click Here to Email Vermilion Send a private message to Vermilion Click to send Vermilion an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Grading anything from the original sets I feel is a huge waste of time and money. I highly doubt even a 9.5 would command much of a premium this is a card that is played not collected.

Mr.C
posted April 11, 2013 08:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Austria:
Sarcasm?
or not?

No, dead serious. As you are aware, many serious collectors despise foreign cards. Grading a card moves it from the player realm to the collector realm.

WeedIan
posted April 11, 2013 10:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
When SCG is buying Jace foil at $500, its time to get it graded.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

wjuseck
posted April 12, 2013 10:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wjuseck Click Here to Email wjuseck Send a private message to wjuseck Click to send wjuseck an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Agreed. This card has been Promoted.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League