Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  What would you consider the status of this trade?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   What would you consider the status of this trade?
LandDestroyer
posted July 06, 2015 09:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
buyer says he wants card and " I can PayPal the fundage anytime you're ready. I'm in Kingston GA, 30145 (in case you need it for figuring up the shipping cost)."

i respond that day (6/26) shipping charge and paypal address to send payment. haven't heard from him again. that was 10 days ago. is the above enough to consider the deal confirmed? i'd think so but wasn't 100% sure :-p
i've held the card for the guy when a local wanted to trade for it but it has been 10 days and it doesn't look like he has even gotten back on motl so just wanted perspective from you all on the status of this deal

aethertech
posted July 06, 2015 09:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
buyer says he wants card and " I can PayPal the fundage anytime you're ready. I'm in Kingston GA, 30145 (in case you need it for figuring up the shipping cost)."

i respond that day (6/26) shipping charge and paypal address to send payment. haven't heard from him again. that was 10 days ago. is the above enough to consider the deal confirmed? i'd think so but wasn't 100% sure :-p
i've held the card for the guy when a local wanted to trade for it but it has been 10 days and it doesn't look like he has even gotten back on motl so just wanted perspective from you all on the status of this deal

I would not consider that a confirmed deal; his address was added for you to calculate shipping costs with as part of if you and he both wanted to do the deal - and who would then need to cover the costs.

The full address was not given; and more than 10 days have passed. - he hasn't returned to the site (assumption on your part, so I'll also take that as an assumption and assume he has not.)

LandDestroyer
posted July 06, 2015 11:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by aethertech:
I would not consider that a confirmed deal; his address was added for you to calculate shipping costs with as part of if you and he both wanted to do the deal - and who would then need to cover the costs.

The full address was not given; and more than 10 days have passed. - he hasn't returned to the site (assumption on your part, so I'll also take that as an assumption and assume he has not.)

k, thanks for the input! ya i'm assuming he hasn't been back on motl b/c i searched on his name and haven't seen any posts since that day.

nderdog
posted July 07, 2015 07:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aethertech:

Disagree.

3 conditions must be present for a deal to be confirmed:

A deal must be reached (seems to be met by the offer to PayPal the money)
Sending order must be agreed to (again, he offers to PayPal the money as soon as LD is ready, so obviously he's offering to send first)
Addresses must be exchanged for simul-send, or if 1 party is sending first, then only the address for them to send to is needed (the second part of that is crucial).

It does appear to me to meet the requirements for a confirmed deal (but without the full conversation I wouldn't commit to that), though if he hasn't even been on MOTL for a couple weeks it's probably not worth putting a lot of effort into pursuing.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

LandDestroyer
posted July 07, 2015 08:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
Disagree.

3 conditions must be present for a deal to be confirmed:

A deal must be reached (seems to be met by the offer to PayPal the money)
Sending order must be agreed to (again, he offers to PayPal the money as soon as LD is ready, so obviously he's offering to send first)
Addresses must be exchanged for simul-send, or if 1 party is sending first, then only the address for them to send to is needed (the second part of that is crucial).

It does appear to me to meet the requirements for a confirmed deal (but without the full conversation I wouldn't commit to that), though if he hasn't even been on MOTL for a couple weeks it's probably not worth putting a lot of effort into pursuing.

Thanks, Jeff. Ya I wasn't going to open a BTA b/c the guy didn't buy a card. But I also need clarity on whether I'm still expected to be holding on to the card for the guy. What would you consider the statute of limitations on me holding the card for him? Pretty sure we're past it :-P

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on July 07, 2015]

Tim05
posted July 07, 2015 08:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tim05 Click Here to Email Tim05 Send a private message to Tim05 Click to send Tim05 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tim05's Have/Want ListView Tim05's Have/Want List
I don't think an address was confirmed. All he did was give the town he was located in, which is just as easily found in a profile. Especially given that the person himself gave the caveat that he was only including in case LD needed to calculate shipping. To me that's still in the discussion phase of a deal

LandDestroyer
posted July 08, 2015 10:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Tim05:
I don't think an address was confirmed. All he did was give the town he was located in, which is just as easily found in a profile. Especially given that the person himself gave the caveat that he was only including in case LD needed to calculate shipping. To me that's still in the discussion phase of a deal

seemed to me he had confirmed saying can paypal fundage anytime i'm ready just let me know exact shipping charges. i replied with charge and my paypal address. seems to me that if i'd then sold the card to someone else after that time period he would've been able to complain about me

aethertech
posted July 08, 2015 10:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
seemed to me he had confirmed saying can paypal fundage anytime i'm ready just let me know exact shipping charges. i replied with charge and my paypal address. seems to me that if i'd then sold the card to someone else after that time period he would've been able to complain about me

But, how do you ship it to him?

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League