Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  The PfS Part 360: Where we fail to come full circle (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The PfS Part 360: Where we fail to come full circle
Bugger
posted February 16, 2013 11:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ryan2754:
Things eventually bottle up, especially if you don't get the right read and don't think anything is bothering her.
If she continues to bottle things up and not air the grievances, than things will go sour in a hurry. She needs to be able to be open with you, as you are with her. Just need to tell her that for this to work on into the future, that she needs to feel comfortable telling you things.
"I'm your boyfriend, right? So you can tell me anything, right? Well, you can, even if it's something that I've done poorly or something you want me to do differently" that sort of thing.

Generally I'm perceptive enough to pick up on most stuff, and she's pretty bad at hiding it when things bother her. I don't know, it's a bizarre mental block. She was freaking out over a bug on the counter at work one day so I stop by and kill it, and (besides thanking me), she apologized that I had to know she has a fear of insects. Like, really? You're so worried I'm going to just yell "DEALBREAKER" and bail?
I've been consistently refraining since day one that I prefer her honesty, that I'm never mad when she *is* honest, that it's better for her to voice it so I can change right away. I've even appealed to it from the other end, by explaining how crappy it makes me feel when I have to guess at the problem; that in the interim I'm sitting here doing something she doesn't like, obliviously.

Every time she does speak up, even if it's something as minor as where on the ear she likes to be bit, I try to handle it as well and encouragingly as possible. It's just a huge character shift for her and it's coming very slowly.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Bugger on February 16, 2013]

rockondon
posted February 16, 2013 02:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
If I were in your shoes I'd probably say something like...
'honey, if I do something that bothers you and you don't tell me, I'm obviously going to keep doing it. So if you choose to let me keep irritating you in this manner, by all means keep everything to yourself. Its not like bad communication ever wrecks relationships or anything.'

|~~My #1 Angel~~l'_|'_|_|)
|(@)(@)""***|(@)(@)**|(@)

Thanos
posted February 16, 2013 03:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Originally posted by Thanos:
Sounds like a job for the Great American Challenge.

This is gonna be my answer for all of life's problems from here on out.

Greven53
posted February 16, 2013 03:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Greven53 Click Here to Email Greven53 Send a private message to Greven53 Click to send Greven53 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
This is gonna be my answer for all of life's problems from here on out.

10: Страус

И петь не поет, и летать не летает...
За что же тогда его птицей считают?

dputz
posted February 16, 2013 05:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dputz Click Here to Email dputz Send a private message to dputz Click to send dputz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Greven53:
10: Ñòðàóñ

È ïåòü íå ïîåò, è ëåòàòü íå ëåòàåò...
Çà ÷òî æå òîãäà åãî ïòèöåé ñ÷èòàþò?

I don't know spanish.

flophaus
posted February 16, 2013 05:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of any decent place to go online to send pics from your PC to a mobile device?... Like as a text. I tried Yahoo SMS, can't figure it out and just tried PixDrop and it seems not to work...

Jazaray
posted February 16, 2013 05:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:
Does anyone know of any decent place to go online to send pics from your PC to a mobile device?... Like as a text. I tried Yahoo SMS, can't figure it out and just tried PixDrop and it seems not to work...

Have you tried emailing your phone number? Some phones are set up so you can do that. Dunno if yours is

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Melaleuca, go ahead, ask me what it is...

fedorables
posted February 16, 2013 05:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for fedorables Send a private message to fedorables Click to send fedorables an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View fedorables's Have/Want ListView fedorables's Have/Want List
quote:

I don't know if this works for all carriers, but I know for a fact that for some that if you put the phone number (all the digits and an @ address) into the "To:" box in an email, it'll show up on the recipients phone as a MMS text. It's how I transfer photos from my camera to my phone sometimes, if I don't feel like getting up to find my phone's USB cord :P

Here are the address add-ons by carrier:
Alltel = 10 Digit Mobile Number@message.alltel.com
AT&T = 10 Digit Mobile Number@mms.att.net
Boost Mobile = 10 Digit Mobile Number@myboostmobile.com
Cingular (AT&T) = 10 Digit Mobile Number@mms.mycingular.com
Einstein PCS = 10 Digit Mobile Number@einsteinmms.com
Sprint = 10 Digit Mobile Number@messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile = 10 Digit Mobile Number@tmomail.net
US Cellular = 10 Digit Mobile Number@mms.uscc.net
Verizon Wireless = 10 Digit Mobile Number@vzwpix.com
Virgin Mobile = 10 Digit Mobile Number@vmobl.com

BoltBait
posted February 17, 2013 10:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for BoltBait Click Here to Email BoltBait Send a private message to BoltBait Click to send BoltBait an Instant MessageVisit BoltBait's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
nderdog gonna be upset...

http://news.msn.com/obits/underdog-cartoon-co-creator-william-watts-biggers-dies-1

Goaswerfraiejen
posted February 17, 2013 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Desire to work: low. Need to work: high.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

hilikuS
posted February 17, 2013 07:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
I approve of this title for PFS 1.60.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hilikuS on February 17, 2013]

Goaswerfraiejen
posted February 17, 2013 09:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So it looks like in two weeks I may have to

1.) Make my way to Québec for In Flames on a Thursday night.
2.) Leave for Montréal at about 0530 Friday to arrive at 0830.
3.) Teach from 10.30-13.30.
4.) Give a presentation to the departmental workshop from 15.30-17.30.
5.) Grab a last-minute bus to Toronto, arriving 'round 0130 or 0330.
6.) Grab a Saturday morning bus to Kitchener, arriving at about 0920.
7.) Make my way to Waterloo to present another paper at a conference and possibly also give a commentary.

Seems doable in principle...

Eep.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

flophaus
posted February 18, 2013 10:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Who else thinks 9/11 was a BS conspiracy?

paragondave
posted February 18, 2013 11:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I don't know if I buy that for 9/11 but I do think going to war in Iraq was a BS conspiracy executed beautifully by Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Condy.

flophaus
posted February 18, 2013 11:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Mr Paragondave... have you watched Loose Change?

paragondave
posted February 18, 2013 11:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Mr Paragondave... have you watched Loose Change?

It's just paragondave, Mr. Paragondave, that was my Dad.

Yes, I've seen it. I don't accept or discount any of it, but take it all with a grain of salt. Some very scary and interesting points made but as always, perspective is everything.

I also don't think Sandy Hook was staged to get gun control legislation passed. Both were tragic events that may have been prevented with the appropriate measures in place. Mistakes were made in both cases, but as evil as I think Bush and Cheney were/are, I don't believe they knowingly allowed or intended 9/11 to happen. That said, I don't think it's an impossibility either.

But conspiracy theories are fun.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by paragondave on February 18, 2013]

caquaa
posted February 18, 2013 11:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So I just switched to Chrome from Firefox. One issue I'm having with Chrome is MOTL forums. When I fire up Chrome the first time all forums show unread topics, then when I click on them no posts are marked as unread. As long as I leave Chrome running it works as you'd normally expect from then on. Anyone have experience with this and know what setting I can change to make it behave as expected? or if there is any option to. I have cookies enabled "Allow local data to be set (recommended)." What else?

I also have a problem where the main forum shows a new reply to a post, but I click on it and see the old posts and don't see the new one unless I refresh. I had Firefox not cache anything (changed cache size to 0MB), but can't seem to find any similar option in Chrome.

quote:

plenty of people.... that wear tinfoil hats.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by caquaa on February 18, 2013]

MasterWolf
posted February 18, 2013 11:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
quote:

O_o

JoshSherman
posted February 19, 2013 06:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

Well, regardless of who was behind it, a lot of people must have conspired to make it happen. I believe the mainstream media story because it would be too hard to keep all of them quiet, when breaking that kind of thing would be career defining, groundbreaking stuff. Somebody would have the knowledge and ambition to blow the whistle.

hilikuS
posted February 19, 2013 06:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
If it's a government conspiracy, wouldn't the first person to try and blow the whistle get promptly executed and disappear/get into a fatal car accident?

If they're capable of making a giant spoof terrorist attack where buildings fell over, they can certainly off some reporters.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hilikuS on February 19, 2013]

Bugger
posted February 19, 2013 06:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So the lineup to the Firefly Festival has been spoiled and... Public Enemy is coming. To Delaware.

I am so there.

yakusoku
posted February 19, 2013 10:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Last night my roommate got a call from his boss. Schedule change and he needs to be at work at 6:30AM today. For reasons unknown to me - he hasn't said anything to me and I haven't asked - he no longer has a car, so he's taking public transportation to work. This means a ten minute walk to the station, a 10 minute commute to the next station and a 10 minute walk to his work. He figured he needed closer to an hour to be safe, so he needed to be up at 5:30AM. He set his alarm for 5AM, went to sleep around 10:30 and when I woke up early this morning, I could still hear him snoring. It's now 6AM.

So, I call his cell phone, let it ring a few times until the snoring stops and wait...

*knock* *knock*

"Any chance I can get a ride?"

"Sure. You better move."

I start driving and he offers me $20. I refuse (I am NOT a taxi cab; I don't want him thinking if he pays me it's okay), but he admits he owes me.

Then, suddenly:

"Oh, {expletive}!"

"What now?"

"I forgot."

"What did you forget?"

"My umbrella."

"You can borrow mine."

I dropped him off and he thanks me again for bailing him out three times in one morning (waking him up, driving him to work, loaning him an umbrella) and reiterates that he owes me big.

I tell him, "Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me."

So, what kind of favor in the future should I guilt out of him?

rockondon
posted February 19, 2013 11:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by yakusoku:
So, what kind of favor in the future should I guilt out of him?

Does he have a cute girlfriend?

So I deleted the Don Truck from my sig (which was about double the 300-character limit) and made another one (a helicopter this time) but it is cut in half by the 300-character limit. Does anyone know any tricks to get around this?

..\ \_........../-----|----\---------\
../ L \___,/-------\___\_ __ _ \
.|LOL|----MOTLcopter-|-,--------)

BoltBait
posted February 19, 2013 11:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for BoltBait Click Here to Email BoltBait Send a private message to BoltBait Click to send BoltBait an Instant MessageVisit BoltBait's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockondon:
Does anyone know any tricks to get around this?

Be a mod.

yakusoku
posted February 19, 2013 12:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockondon:
Does he have a cute girlfriend?

Haha! He has a low-paying job, no car, a rapidly receding hairline, and he spends 90% of his free time at the computer. All of that together doesn't help him attract a girlfriend.

To be fair, I'm not doing *that* much better than him or my other roommate, but since we've lived together, I've been on more dates than the two of them combined.

He had a chance with a woman during the (NFL) playoffs; some woman apparently was handsy during the game and left him her number, but apparently, he didn't want to do anything about it.

Also, ew, ew, EW!

I don't want to imagine what you had in mind, but no. Let's just say that I'd feel uncomfortable asking him to request that his hypothetical girlfriend just bake me a pie.

This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League