Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Werewolf 4: They'll huff and they'll puff... (part 2) (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Werewolf 4: They'll huff and they'll puff... (part 2)
MeddlingMage
posted March 10, 2013 06:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
WEREWOLF

Remember, this is only a GAME! You will be held responsible for your own actions. A mod may 1) Shut the game down, 2) Give players karma smacks, 3) Ban players as they see fit.(Not just from the game, but from the site!)

[The Rules for Werewolf]

[Overview]

The citizens of a small village, Pogglesworth, one morning wake up to discover that there are werewolves in their town! If something is not done, the entire village population will be eaten!

There will be 18 players. 3 Werewolves, 1 Seer, 1 Angel and 12 Villagers. The number has been increased to 18 now, because the game starts with a r0 Werewolf kill. Then the game will start with the 17 remaining players.

[Teams]

There are two teams, werewolves and villagers. In the standard game on the werewolf side are, the werewolves. They all know each other. On the villager side you have the villagers, the seer, and the angel.The Seer and Angel Will Not know each others identity.

[Winning Conditions]
The werewolves win by eliminating enough people so that they make up half of the players in the game. The villagers win by eliminating all the werewolves.

[Roles]

* The Villager- Anyone who is a regular villager is trying to lynch all the wolves. They win if all the wolves are dead, even if they are dead themselves.

* The Werewolf- Werewolves talk and vote just like the villagers. One of the 3 Werewolves, will be the leader, responsible for getting me the name of the villager chosen to be killed.

* The Seer- The Seer talks and votes just like the villagers. The Seer is allowed to determine the role of any one townsperson. The Seer is on the villager side and has the same winning conditions. The Seer at some point, will come out, and share their information. Once the Seer reveals him or herself and his or her information, the Angel can no longer protect him or her (for obvious reasons).No one else is allowed to announce their role at any time.

You can not lie about being the Seer!

* The Angel- The Angel talks and votes just like the villagers. The Angel may choose any one person to protect from the wolves. The Angel is on the villagers side and has the same winning conditions. If a villager is targeted by the Werewolves, and has been chosen by the Angel, they will survive. The Angel can save a player only once per game, including him or herself. Players can not ask if another player is the Angel. Nor should a player if asked, answer. Hypotheticals about the Angel are permissible however. (IE.,if I were the Angel, than [Player X] might be worth a save this round)

You can not lie about being the Angel!

Roles will be randomly determined by me. I will the PM roles to the players. If you don't get a PM, you're a villager. Please do not discuss your roles with anyone, live, dead or otherwise as to prevent accidents. If you are not a Werewolf, the ONLY PM's that you are to send are to me. Werewolf to Werewolf is the only acceptable PM's between players.

[Game play]

To start the game, the Werewolves will give me a name of who their first victim is(R0) via PM. Also, the seer, gets a premonition and also sends me a name, to determine that player's role. Then all the players discuss what to do. Before the specified time, all players must cast their vote in the game thread. Your vote should be at the end of your post, and in bold print. I REPEAT, DO NOT PM ME YOUR VOTES!!

For example:
Blah, blah, blah werewolf. Smackity-smack not a werewolf. Suspicious of this fruit loop.
My vote this round will be for Player X.

You can change your vote up until the deadline. Your last declared vote will be counted in the final tally. After the lynching, the Werewolves, Seer and the Angel, all pm me their targets. If the Angel's target is the same as the Werewolves for that round, and only that round that player will be saved. Then the next round of voting and so on. Remember, the Werewolves act first, before there is a lynch.

In the event of a tie, a town meeting will be held. The leading vote getters would each get a chance to "plead their case" to the townsfolk. Then there would be a re-vote due within 24 hrs.If at this point, there is still a tie then "The god's of fate"(a random die roll) will determine the outcome.

I urge all who sign up to play to be consistent throughout, as failure to not post/vote may lead to you being asked not to play future rounds, or me removing you from a game with an alternate.

If you are dead, STAY THAT WAY. There is no reason for anybody that is dead to post on the thread for ANY reason!

I used random<dot>org for a number generator to assign the roles.

If you have not received a PM, You are a villager!
So no one should be posting, "Hey MM, I didn't receive a PM, do I have a role?"

Those last 2 lines are for the new players.

Votes will always be due on the specified day at 9PM eastern time (6pm motl time). I will never cut rounds short. There is always a chance that someone could have a reason to change their vote, and I am all about allowing that. If for some reason, I don't post the votes at 9:00 pm, that doesn't mean you can't still change your vote. Remember, the last vote I get before I post results is the vote that will be counted.

GL and HF!

~MM

[The Players:]
1. revenger
3. yakusoku
11. Bernek77

[The Deceased:]
r0 GottaLoveElves ~ Angel ~ eaten by wolves
r1 MAB_Rapper ~ villager ~ lynched by villagers
r1 kyosukee ~ villager ~ eaten by wolves
r2 hilikuS ~ villager ~ lynched by villagers
r2 rayragnorak ~ villager ~ wolf food
r3 MasterWolf ~ villager ~ lynched by villager
r4 brolier1977 ~ villager ~ eaten by wolves
r4 scipio624 ~ villager ~ lynched by villagers
r5 fwybwed ~ seer ~ eaten by wolves
r5 volcanon ~ villager ~ lynched by villagers
r6 magic1264 ~ villager ~ eaten by wolves
r6 Evil-C ~ werewolf ~ lynched by villagers
r7 paragondave ~ villager ~ eaten by wolves
r7 Shron Von Drago ~ werewolf ~ lynched by villagers
r8 B14ckM4g3 ~ villager eaten by a wolf

New keeper of the Logout button

[Edited 4 times, lastly by MeddlingMage on March 14, 2013]

MeddlingMage
posted March 10, 2013 06:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
[Voted for: paragondave]
1. Shron Von Drago
2. Evil-C
2. yakusoku

[Voted for:Evil-C]
1. Bernek77
2. BlackMage
3. revenger

[Voted for:yakusoku]
1. paragondave

Well, we have yet another tie.
Re-votes are due, tomorrow night same time as usual.

~MM

revenger
posted March 10, 2013 06:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Evil-c or dave right? ok- vote: Evil-c

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

revenger
posted March 10, 2013 06:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Can't edit so...

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 07:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by MeddlingMage:
1. Shron Von Drago
2. Evil-C
2. yakusoku

1. Bernek77
2. BlackMage
3. revenger

[Voted for:yakusoku]
1. paragondave

Well, we have yet another tie.
Re-votes are due, tomorrow night same time as usual.

~MM

I guess you missed where I switched my vote to Evil-C at the bottom of page 12...

MeddlingMage
posted March 10, 2013 08:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
I guess you missed where I switched my vote to Evil-C at the bottom of page 12...

My bad, I did dave.

But I guess you missed this part

quote:
[Game play]

To start the game, the Werewolves will give me a name of who their first victim is(R0) via PM. Also, the seer, gets a premonition and also sends me a name, to determine that player's role. Then all the players discuss what to do. Before the specified time, all players must cast their vote in the game thread. Your vote should be at the end of your post, and in bold print. I REPEAT, DO NOT PM ME YOUR VOTES!!

In a quick skim tonight, I over-looked it, as I was checking th bottoms of the pages for tallying purposes.

paragondave's vote should be for Evil-C, as he mentioned.

With a vote of 4-3 Evil-C has been lynched. He was the werewolf leader.

Wolves, get me you next meal, please

~MM

Edit:
1. Shron Von Drago
2. Evil-C
2. yakusoku

1. Bernek77
2. BlackMage
3. revenger
4. paragondave

[Edited 1 times, lastly by MeddlingMage on March 10, 2013]

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 08:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
You are correct sir, I did miss that but it makes perfect sense and obviously it's there for this exact reason. My apologies. Villagers, we live to fight another round!

B14ckM4g3
posted March 10, 2013 08:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well, if I had to guess now, I'd say our wolves are Shron and Yaku. Villagers, band together! Let's have an epic finish!

Vote: Yaku

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 08:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I will say this, I did not see that coming. Evil-C did not get on my radar until just this round and only slightly. I fully expected to hear that the game is over because he was a villager too. Bernek77 and B14ckM4g3, I apologize to both of you since I now believe you both to be villagers. If either of you were a wolf, you could have easily ended the game.

Do any of you three, Bernek77, B14ckM4g3 or Revenger have any reason to suspect anyone besides Yak and Shron as either of the last two wolves?

I will assume that if I am correct, one of us four will be the next meal for the wolves. If they eat either of those two, I'm lost again.

Bernek77
posted March 10, 2013 08:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bernek77 Click Here to Email Bernek77 Send a private message to Bernek77 Click to send Bernek77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Shron has been too quiet for my liking. As far as you go Dave I am still curious as to why you didn't post anything substantial until after the Seer was killed. This also bothers me. Revenger has been quiet which isn't good and Yaku's last post had nothing to do with the game. SO a of right now All 4 of you are equally as supsicious.

BM I am afraid one of us are gonna go. Anything you wanna lend before the NK. anything we can possibly leave behind.

2007-08 MOTL Fantasy Hockey Champ!
2008 MOTL Fantasy Football Champ!
2008-09 MOTL Fantasy Hockey Champ! B2B championships
2010 NCAA Bracket Winner.....GO DUKE!!!!!!

Bernek77
posted March 10, 2013 09:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bernek77 Click Here to Email Bernek77 Send a private message to Bernek77 Click to send Bernek77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Shron's last post to me has him #1 on my radar for trying to save Evil-C and suggesting the game would be over if we lynched him so I urge a vote for Shron Next Villagers.

B14ckM4g3
posted March 10, 2013 09:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I think the last round said it all. The wolves had a half and half vote. at 3 wolves, if one wolf voted against the other two, with the wolf leader on the plank, then I think that sinches it up as the two lesser wolves. I really think this game is over with, and I strongly urge everyone to vote for Shron and Yaku. at a 3-3 vote, why would a lesser wolf vote for evil-c at this point in the game after coming so far? I don't think it makes any sense. I think the only other possibility, and this is a slim one BUT A POSSIBILITY, is that Paragondave is also a wolf and playing his role well from the last round. If two wolves were up for a vote, then the third wolf Would be split down the middle. In this case, that would be paragondave. BUT, as the votes were played out and took alot of reasoning, I don't think this to be true.

I think yaku has played his role well as a werewolf in misleading us, and shron has played his silent role well. Evil-C was apparently a good wolf leader or was getting great advice from the other two. I strongly believe that Yaku and Shron are our last two wolves, attempting to break the bandwagon of dave and evil-c. And since Evil-C was voted out, that leaves those two.

And we have to vote together. It's not 3v2, so one slip and we are done. And as the wolves also get votes, this could turn out bad unless everyone who is a villager votes for the same person. So I urge you all to vote Yaku. If I am correct, then that should follow suit with Shron for the win.

revenger
posted March 10, 2013 09:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Ha!!! well, we need to wait to see who gets eaten during this round b4 I give ant votes yet. The person who they eat will tell alot imo. They,ll bleed this one out. More than likely tho, yaku or shron. As they r my mosy likely suspects right now. I just dont see a wolf sacing a nother wolf...however it is possible. No sweep for u! I,m loving it.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 09:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Bernek77:
Shron has been too quiet for my liking. As far as you go Dave I am still curious as to why you didn't post anything substantial until after the Seer was killed. This also bothers me. Revenger has been quiet which isn't good and Yaku's last post had nothing to do with the game. SO a of right now All 4 of you are equally as supsicious.

BM I am afraid one of us are gonna go. Anything you wanna lend before the NK. anything we can possibly leave behind.

Although I still don't know what you're obvious discontent with me is, besides me suspecting you, I do agree that Yak and Shron are the other wolves.

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 09:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Obviously Bernek77, everyone has suspected everyone from the first round, leading to mass confusion by everyone but the wolves. Now that we have some pretty good data, let's try to win the game instead of adding more confusion by being haters.

Rev, are you down with Yak and Shron as the other wolves? I suppose it's possible that this is wrong but I think it would be a longshot, seems like Vegas odds would point at those two. What do you think? If someone besides Yak or Shron gets eaten, would that do it for you? That would be pretty definite proof for me.

Bernek77
posted March 10, 2013 09:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bernek77 Click Here to Email Bernek77 Send a private message to Bernek77 Click to send Bernek77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This was the last post by Shron:

I am curious Bernek77 if you suspect Paragondave first why not vote for him? force the tie and give us a little more time to talk it over i'd rather be 100% sure we get a wolf this time and I'm not convinced Evil-C is a wolf. We need 3 wolf hangings in a row to win so if we mess up once we are done. being my vote seems to be wasted right now I guess i'll switch it and see how things play out.
vote Paragondave

To me I feel as though Shron is the obvious choice for the last wolf. I'm still not 100% on Yaku

Revenger if you get eaten and you are a villager you offer no insight whatsoever when we really need it. So I feel like you being quiet does not help us at all.....

Dave my issue is very simple. You were on the quieter side all game then once the seer was killed you are all over the pages. You don't feel as though that warrants some suspicion.

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 09:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by B14ckM4g3:
So I urge you all to vote Yaku.

It truly brings a tear to my eye to hear you say that. If I don't get eaten, I will follow suit and vote yakusoku.

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 09:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Bernek, this is my second attempt at playing this and I'll admit that I'm not very good at it but I am trying. I was quiet last game until I caught the last wolf slip up and nailed him. Everyone who was talking this game just led to 11 straight dead villagers. I don't like adding to the mass confusion that the beginning of every game has and this game has had up until we got lucky. And I do think we got lucky.

Please for now, get over it. I'm not quiet now, when it counts and when we have useful info. Listen to your buddy and vote Yak, assuming one of us four gets eaten next.

If Yak or Shron gets eaten and prove to be villagers, I won't know what to tell you. But they are both veterans and obviously crafty and remarkably quiet right now, don't you think?

revenger
posted March 10, 2013 09:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
@ Bernek: Actually, imo i havent been quiet. Then again, to each their own. As for voting, unless yaku or shron gets eaten, those r my votes for the next 2 rounds. I originally voted yaku then switched. Vote: yaku so unless he gets eaten...or shron...

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 09:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Bernek77:
Revenger if you get eaten and you are a villager you offer no insight whatsoever when we really need it. So I feel like you being quiet does not help us at all.....

I think if Rev gets eaten, it tells us he was a villager. You don't think that's insight? I understand what you are trying to say but consider how confusing this game has played out. I was convinced that you were a wolf by your posts. We lynched 5 villagers in a row until getting the wolf leader by luck. You still suspect me and Rev? C'mon man...

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 09:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Ok yak and Shron, we know you are not wolves, just misunderstood villagers, tell us who you guys suspect...

B14ckM4g3
posted March 10, 2013 09:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Note of Interest: Yaku and Shron have made no posts yet. It's just been us 'villagers' left.

Bernek77
posted March 10, 2013 09:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bernek77 Click Here to Email Bernek77 Send a private message to Bernek77 Click to send Bernek77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I feel as though Shron is the obvious choice over Yaku. It's very easy for us to think Shron and yaku. All the while it could be you and rev. While I do feel as though this is unlikely. I do feel as though Shron's post is the most obvious to being a wolf. I'd rather grab the obvious choice then figure out the last wolf. People look into the post I quoted and read into it as you will.

revenger
posted March 10, 2013 09:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Wolves, imo, will kill the most dangerous villager still alive right now. Yaku, if one, could get a wagon, maybe, on someone real easy. So villagers, ask urself, who is the most dangerous villager alive to get 2 more wolf bags in a row? I do agree with u Dave. The wolves i think will start throwing off accusations on several of us, to get confusion among us. If we band togeather and stick to our guns and all vote one way, its essentially the same as the wolves gangpiling their votes on us villagers.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

paragondave
posted March 10, 2013 09:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by B14ckM4g3:
Note of Interest: Yaku and Shron have made no posts yet. It's just been us 'villagers' left.

Rev and I seem to be in agreement with you. Talk to your buddy Bernek77 and convince him. The wolves can still pull this out if we are not all on target.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League