Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  The Funny/Awful things you see on Salvation (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Funny/Awful things you see on Salvation
stu55
posted April 05, 2010 02:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Figured this could be epic....

"Why isn't Wargate Broken?"
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=232249

Really? Does it take rocket-science on this one?

wayne
posted April 05, 2010 02:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
I like the OP's signature which quotes Gunslinga.

stacker
posted April 05, 2010 03:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stacker Click Here to Email stacker Send a private message to stacker Click to send stacker an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stacker's Have/Want ListView stacker's Have/Want List
This is too easy.

RE: Baneslayer Angel Spoiled

link
"Maybe, and I say maybe, mono-white soldier decks will run this card as a two-of. Maybe."

link
"'d rather have Uril, the Miststalker 99% of the time and Battlegrace Angel about 66% of the time."

stu55
posted April 05, 2010 03:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=231582

Has the OP not seen ROE Spoiler?

Just realized my sig changed and no longer quotes ben

If you say you are a dealer in your sig, you are not a dealer

[Edited 1 times, lastly by stu55 on April 05, 2010]

yakusoku
posted April 05, 2010 06:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Boycott Subway! (AKA - I'm too lazy to make my own sandwiches, too fat to eat healthy, too poor to suck up $2 more for lunch, and too whiny to simply tell Subway myself without getting other people to support my silly cause)

Our_Benefactors
posted April 05, 2010 06:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Our_Benefactors Click Here to Email Our_Benefactors Send a private message to Our_Benefactors Click to send Our_Benefactors an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Should have been called the Salvation nooooooooooo thread

I fully support this topic nonetheless.

Bugger
posted April 05, 2010 06:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I <3 this thread. And all who post in it with their links to funnies.

Also, Slinga's quote is awesome.

Edit: holy freaking Christ, some idiot on the thread Yak linked to compared Subway to... Hitler. Only on salvation can a topic of boycotting a fast food chain get Godwin's Law'd.
Mind is blown. And not in a good way.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Bugger on April 05, 2010]

WeedIan
posted April 06, 2010 05:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I once got yelled at by a mod there because I wouldn't agree to his sending arrangements.

Something like "I'm a mod you should do as I say"

15th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

Battle_of_Twits
posted April 06, 2010 08:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Battle_of_Twits Click Here to Email Battle_of_Twits Send a private message to Battle_of_Twits Click to send Battle_of_Twits an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
On the subject "you are going to die in twelve hours, how would you spend the time?"

"Make out a will, spend quite a bit of time writing things down that I'd like to say and have people remember, and call various people up and do some sorting out of things... and if I had time after all that, maybe play some video games or do some reading."

12 hours to live, and has time for a video games...

Originally posted by pyr0ma5ta:
When in doubt, always go with the mom joke. It's classy, and you always win. There can be no comeback.

Jazaray
posted April 06, 2010 05:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
I once got yelled at by a mod there because I wouldn't agree to his sending arrangements.

Something like "I'm a mod you should do as I say"

Give me all your money. Now. I'm a mod, you should do as I say.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Very interesting idea from a friend of mine.

thror
posted April 06, 2010 05:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:
Give me all your money. Now. I'm a mod, you should do as I say.

Thanks,
Jazaray

I thought you shot down the 'Send Jaz $' thread... :P

Also, isn't this too easy? I mean, cmon. Can't we leave salvation there, and not bring the internet cooties here.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by thror on April 06, 2010]

coolio
posted April 06, 2010 06:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
anything in the real life advice forum

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

nderdog
posted April 06, 2010 07:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:
Give The Stack all of your cards. Now. I'm a mod, you should do as I say.

Fixed.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

iliketrain
posted April 06, 2010 08:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iliketrain Click Here to Email iliketrain Send a private message to iliketrain Click to send iliketrain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Where to begin? The mods are annoying and people are very stupid? There are so many threads complaining how net decking is "ruining magic" or every card from the new set is going to end magic.
I do have one good thing to say about salvation, it helped me realize when a group of people makes a decision, its never the best choice, but the lowest common denominator :/
I do love "salvation noooooooo"

stu55
posted April 07, 2010 06:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=233639

Who wants to play some "Standart"

OGB
posted April 07, 2010 07:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for OGB Click Here to Email OGB Send a private message to OGB Click to send OGB an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=233639

Who wants to play some "Standart"

Isn't that where you Stand in front of a Dart? If that's the case, I'd like to play with a few people from salvation

stu55
posted April 08, 2010 06:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=233879

Fail by every single person that tried to answer the question

Our_Benefactors
posted April 08, 2010 07:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Our_Benefactors Click Here to Email Our_Benefactors Send a private message to Our_Benefactors Click to send Our_Benefactors an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=233879

Fail by every single person that tried to answer the question

Oh man, that was a good read

yakusoku
posted April 08, 2010 07:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Which color has the best removal?

I mean, which MONO-color has the best removal (so let's ignore Maelstrom Pulse and Terminate, two of the best removal spells in Standard).

I mean, which mono-color has the best "destroy" or "exile" effects (so, let's ignore Disfigure, Urge to Feed, Lightning Bolt, Burst Lightning, Earthquake, and Tendrils of Corruption, because they're all situational and don't always destroy a creature)

I mean, which mono-color has the best non-creature instant or sorcery spells which destroy or exile a creature? (Gatekeeper of Malakir and Devout Lightcaster don't count, either)

At this point, RDW and Vampires and Jund(!!!) play with NO removal spells according to him.

OGB
posted April 08, 2010 12:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for OGB Click Here to Email OGB Send a private message to OGB Click to send OGB an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=233979

Anybody know about this Jeebus guy?

Also - CONTAINS ROE SPOILERS!

OGB
posted April 08, 2010 01:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for OGB Click Here to Email OGB Send a private message to OGB Click to send OGB an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the double post, but I felt it prudent to let you all know that Salvationers are slowly creeping in here...

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/024285.html

Battle_of_Twits
posted April 08, 2010 02:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Battle_of_Twits Click Here to Email Battle_of_Twits Send a private message to Battle_of_Twits Click to send Battle_of_Twits an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OGB:

That's the guy who died for all our sins, isn't it?

Originally posted by pyr0ma5ta:
When in doubt, always go with the mom joke. It's classy, and you always win. There can be no comeback.

JoshSherman
posted April 08, 2010 02:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Battle_of_Twits:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OGB:

That's the guy who died for all our sins, isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Not yours, hippie.

OGB
posted April 08, 2010 05:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for OGB Click Here to Email OGB Send a private message to OGB Click to send OGB an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So I basically called one of the mods on Salvation an idiot for one of the posts he made, but in a backhanded way.

What are the odds I get banned??

For reference:

his comment about a spoiled tribal Eldrazi spell:

I really don't like this card at all.
I know some people are going to be like 'YEAH I CAN SEARCH IT WITH EYE OF UGIN YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH', but the card is just horrible.

my reply:

Well then those people would be idiots. Eye of Ugin only lets you search for colorless CREATURE cards.

Reading FTW!!!

stu55
posted April 10, 2010 06:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=234395

Yayyy!! Artifact deck and MWC Angel control is the best!!!!!

Even look at his status, willing to bet that isnt good people he is playing too

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League