New Web Server (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   New Web Server
Leshrac
Founder
posted August 19, 2009 05:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Leshrac Click Here to Email Leshrac Send a private message to Leshrac Click to send Leshrac an Instant MessageVisit Leshrac's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So ironically the new web server temporarily ran out of space last night and decided to eat a few of the posts, one of which was the thread on the new web server.

That's all fixed now, so please use this thread to post any issues you're having with the new server. If the server ate your thread last night too, unfortunately I can't get it back, sorry.

"Working hard, so you don't have to..."

Ml490
Banned
posted August 19, 2009 06:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ml490 Click Here to Email Ml490 Send a private message to Ml490 Click to send Ml490 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
YaY! im no longer banned!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Ml490 on August 19, 2009]

Leshrac
Founder
posted August 19, 2009 06:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Leshrac Click Here to Email Leshrac Send a private message to Leshrac Click to send Leshrac an Instant MessageVisit Leshrac's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ml490:
YaY! im no longer banned!

Yeah, some user files were blanked out too, but those are backed up with much greater regularity than the forum threads, so I was undo that glitch.
nderdog
posted August 19, 2009 07:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
I'm unbanned once again, but I seem to have lost my references. I don't even have 0 refs, I just...don't have any.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

xelco
posted August 19, 2009 07:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for xelco Click Here to Email xelco Send a private message to xelco Click to send xelco an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 

I lost all my PM...one which was quite important as its close to finalization :P

Leshrac
Founder
posted August 19, 2009 07:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Leshrac Click Here to Email Leshrac Send a private message to Leshrac Click to send Leshrac an Instant MessageVisit Leshrac's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
I'm unbanned once again, but I seem to have lost my references. I don't even have 0 refs, I just...don't have any.

Fixed. They didn't disappear, the HTML page just needed to be regenerated. If anyone else is having this problem, it should automatically fix itself by tomorrow, but if you need your list back up ASAP, post here.
shiqin
posted August 19, 2009 08:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for shiqin Click Here to Email shiqin Send a private message to shiqin Click to send shiqin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
i lost all my pms including today's one.

Our_Benefactors
posted August 19, 2009 08:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Our_Benefactors Click Here to Email Our_Benefactors Send a private message to Our_Benefactors Click to send Our_Benefactors an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sorry that I sploded motl last night.

quote:
Originally posted by xelco:

I lost all my PM...one which was quite important as its close to finalization :P

This is why nder has said time and time again to not use pms for serious business...

nderdog
posted August 19, 2009 08:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Our_Benefactors:
This is why nder has said time and time again to not use pms for serious business...

True story. Also, as Leshrac posted yesterday in the now-gone New Server thread, there is a 30-message limit for everyone for a reason. At least some of those of you who had a ton of saved messages will have lost most of them. If you have more than 30 messages, do NOT expect more than the most recent 30 to ever be there next time you log in. The MOTL messaging system is for quick unimportant messages, not for conducting business or passing information that should be retained for any length of time. That's what email is for.

Report rules violations.

Soupboy
posted August 19, 2009 09:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soupboy Click Here to Email Soupboy Send a private message to Soupboy Click to send Soupboy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Soupboy's Trade Auction or SaleView Soupboy's Trade Auction or Sale
The priceguide seems to be broken. Is this also part of the new server? Sorry if there's another post on it; didn't find it when I looked.

The Soup

arkane
posted August 19, 2009 09:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for arkane Click Here to Email arkane Send a private message to arkane Click to send arkane an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
looks like i lost all my ref and im now a new member.i already emailed the staff about.

nderdog
posted August 19, 2009 09:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by arkane:
looks like i lost all my ref and im now a new member.i already emailed the staff about.

You have lots of posts, so no problems with being a new member. Your refs may fix themselves overnight, but I'm not sure.

Report rules violations.

PortlisX
posted August 19, 2009 09:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My H/W thread disappeared overnight. I spent half of my day yesterday making it. *cry*

Tha Gunslinga
posted August 19, 2009 09:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant MessageVisit Tha Gunslinga's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
That's why you should always backup your H/W list and refs.

Leshrac
Founder
posted August 19, 2009 10:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Leshrac Click Here to Email Leshrac Send a private message to Leshrac Click to send Leshrac an Instant MessageVisit Leshrac's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tha Gunslinga:

QFT. I highly recommend composing your H/W list in a text file first, and then posting it, just in case.
Omega
posted August 19, 2009 10:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Omega Click Here to Email Omega Send a private message to Omega Click to send Omega an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
yea.... my h/w list disappeared....

Sad face

druman cole
posted August 19, 2009 11:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for druman cole Click Here to Email druman cole Send a private message to druman cole Click to send druman cole an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View druman cole's Have/Want ListView druman cole's Have/Want List
I lost all of my pms. I needed them for several reasons. Any help?

nderdog
posted August 19, 2009 11:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by druman cole:
I lost all of my pms. I needed them for several reasons. Any help?

You mean besides "use email for important communication"? I can't say for sure, but I'd guess that if they aren't there now, they're not coming back.

tehdude
posted August 19, 2009 11:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for tehdude Click Here to Email tehdude Send a private message to tehdude Click to send tehdude an Instant MessageVisit tehdude's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View tehdude's Have/Want ListView tehdude's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Tha Gunslinga:

quote:
Originally posted by Leshrac:
QFT. I highly recommend composing your H/W list in a text file first, and then posting it, just in case.

Backing up your OWN trade list is one thing - thats MOTL 101. But having to be responsible for our PMs is another thing. Besides printing, screen printing, hand writing, or some strange copy/paste method, there is little way to back-up your PMs. Plus, imagine backing up every single PM you receive! Even the small stuff like opening offers, or long-multi-offer chain PMs.

I don't need to tell you this because you've been doing this a lot longer than I have. But regardless, our PMs being lost is a huge deal. If those can't get recovered, myself (and others I am sure) have no way of tracking/remembering current offers or even trades completed!

Chances of recovering lost PMs?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by tehdude on August 19, 2009]

nderdog
posted August 19, 2009 11:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by tehdude:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tha Gunslinga:

quote:

Backing up your OWN trade list is one thing - thats MOTL 101. But having to be responsible for our PMs is another thing. Besides printing, screen printing, hand writing, or some strange copy/paste method, there is little way to back-up your PMs. Plus, imagine backing up every single PM you receive! Even the small stuff like opening offers, or long-multi-offer chain PMs.

I don't need to tell you this because you've been doing this a lot longer than I have. But regardless, our PMs being lost is a huge deal. If those can't get recovered, myself (and others I am sure) have no way of tracking/remembering current offers or even trades completed!

Chances of recovering lost PMs? [/QUOTE]

Once again, that's not how PMs should be being used in the first place. The MOTL PM system is not a record-keeping medium, it's a way to send quick unimportant messages back and forth with other MOTLers. Email is much more appropriate for passing information that needs to be retained for any length of time.

Report rules violations.

tehdude
posted August 19, 2009 12:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for tehdude Click Here to Email tehdude Send a private message to tehdude Click to send tehdude an Instant MessageVisit tehdude's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View tehdude's Have/Want ListView tehdude's Have/Want List
I completely agree about "record-keeping"

However, I must state once again, first-time offers (before trades are finalized), simple trade questions, and even "hey did you get my cards" or "hey do you have so and so available" questions are definitely PM-justified (would you not agree?) yet not important enough for e-mail (unless that is your normal means of communication).

While PMs may not be the "correct" way to do things around here, that doesn't stop people from using them as their main means of communication (and even record keeping). Are they in the wrong? Maybe... This isn't a debate about how one should use their PM services. Its more about the reliability of the PM services.

Personally, I've NEVER had an issue with MOTL. All of my PMs have been fine, my list has never been deleted, my References haven't been an issue. Everything on this site has been flawless. Well, except for a good 3 weeks or so before we swapped servers there were some times where the server was over its traffic limit, but that is fixed now.

My original questions still stands though:
Any chances of getting the PMs back?

[Edited 2 times, lastly by tehdude on August 19, 2009]

whocares
posted August 19, 2009 12:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for whocares Click Here to Email whocares Send a private message to whocares Click to send whocares an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View whocares's Have/Want ListView whocares's Have/Want List
i lost all my refs too. how do i get them back?

i do have a back up screenshot of it that i can mail one of the mods.

bormalis
posted August 19, 2009 01:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bormalis Click Here to Email bormalis Send a private message to bormalis Click to send bormalis an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
lost the # of confirmed refs under my username, if i go to add a new ref email all the old ones are still there just not showing up, any suggestions or fixes?

nderdog
posted August 19, 2009 01:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Here is the scoop for anyone with reference issues:

quote:
They didn't disappear, the HTML page just needed to be regenerated. If anyone else is having this problem, it should automatically fix itself by tomorrow, but if you need your list back up ASAP, post here.

WeedIan
posted August 19, 2009 01:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I'd like my ref list back ASAP if possible as i have a few trades going through where i may be demanded to send first.

22nd in posts on MOTL
8th in Refs in Ontario

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League