Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Aroooo, roo, roo, Rulings Thread part 56 - Please post ALL Rules Questions here!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Aroooo, roo, roo, Rulings Thread part 56 - Please post ALL Rules Questions here!
Tha Gunslinga
posted April 13, 2018 01:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Post all your rules/tournament questions here and they will get answered. Please wait a bit before you think we ignored you, we all live lives outside of MOTL but we do answer when we see them.

If you are going to answer a question, please be 100% sure that your answer is correct. If you are just guessing or *think* you know the answer, keep it to yourself. There are plenty of judges and people who will know it correctly, and if multiple answers are given, it just confuses the person who asked.

This thread is a flame-free zone. If you can't be civil, don't respond. New players shouldn't be worried about being made fun of when they're trying to learn.

Some information for ya...

Comprehensive Rules (also available in Word, Rich Text, and PDF formats)
The complete rules for the game of Magic. Beginners should not go here; they are very intimidating.
Oracle Card Reference
The official text for every card in existence (use Gatherer for any quick questions about Oracle texts, Gatherer uses the Oracle text of all cards).
Official Tournament Rules
The official rules for sanctioned tournaments.
Basic Rulebook
Simplified rules for beginning players. If you are new to the game, you should read this and not the Comprehensive Rules.
Set FAQs
The official FAQs for each set. Look here if you have a specific question about a card.
Judge Certification Program
How to become a judge.
MTG-L mailing list archives
A good place to get official answers to rules questions, or to search for previous answers.
DCIJUDGE-L mailing list archives
The official Judge list. A good place to search for previous answers and discussion involving judging decisions, philosophy, etc. NOT rules questions. That's what MTG-L is for.

chaos021
posted April 14, 2018 09:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by harbingerofthevoid:

didn't they change how triggered abilities work? Well not work really but recognizing them.
Like if you had Chalice of Void in play, cast a 1cmc spell and don't point out the CotV trigger, you're at fault?

It hasn't really changed (or it's been a long time since it has been changed). If my opponent has a Chalice of the Void in play when I cast Lightning Bolt, it is my opponent's responsibility to declare the Chalice's trigger. If I am the owner/controller of the Chalice and I cast said Lightning Bolt, I cannot forget the trigger. You get a slightly stronger warning than your opponent will for doing so.

There has been a rules change regarding triggers from spells you play that give your opponents an option, such as Path to Exile. In that case, you are required by competitive/professional REL to declare to your opponent that may get a basic land tapped as part of the resolution of the spell. If they accept or decline, that's their option, but you have to declare it. I'm not sure what the protocol is now if you player casting such a spell forgets/willingly refuses to notify their opponent.

AEther Storm
posted June 04, 2019 02:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
Does Kess, Dissident Mage, allow you to cast multiple (different) spells each turn, or does it only allow you one spell each turn?

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

YoungQuakerBoy
posted June 04, 2019 01:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for YoungQuakerBoy Click Here to Email YoungQuakerBoy Send a private message to YoungQuakerBoy Click to send YoungQuakerBoy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It's one per turn on your turns.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League