Magic Discussion
  Eternal Masters spoiler thread (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Eternal Masters spoiler thread
iccarus
posted May 23, 2016 09:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Let the whining commence!

http://mythicspoiler.com/ema/index.html

Necro at mythic is probably going to see the biggest amount of complaining. Mainly just because of the value, not because of the power level.

Sylvan Library makes me happy. I still love my Legends copies, but this is a good one for accessibility issues.

The list so far actually makes me hopeful.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by iccarus on May 23, 2016]

LandDestroyer
posted May 23, 2016 09:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I've started a section in my box of cards that are now worth less than what I paid for them and thus I'll just never get rid of.
Population is currently:

8 Wasteland
5 Force of will
over a dozen non-foil and 4 foil Deathrite Shaman
over a dozen non-foil and 4 foil Abrupt Decay
4 Dualcaster mage/55 twinflame (don't judge me)
and anything from standard that isn't played heavily in modern
2-4 gamble
3-4 toxic deluge
1 original, a few wb Sylvan Library
4 jace tms
1 necropotence
some non-zero # of sneak attack...probaly 1-3
4-6 goblin charbelcher
8ish daze
4-8 bloodbraid elf
4-7 chrome mox
8 ish nimble mongoose
1 mana crypt - english

and cards that could be including but not limited to:
Imperial Recruiter
Show and tell
rishadan port
Karakas
mana drain
imperial seal
grim tutor

i'm just sort of hoping the increase in reserve list staples i have outways what i lose through ema reprints

I do hope they reprint these cards

Imperial Seal
The filter lands like mystic gate for miracles
Damnation (come on, please...we've only been asking forever)
thorn of amethyst
sphere of resistence
Goblin guide

[Edited 3 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on May 23, 2016]

superpup
posted May 23, 2016 12:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for superpup Click Here to Email superpup Send a private message to superpup Click to send superpup an Instant MessageVisit superpup's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View superpup's Have/Want ListView superpup's Have/Want List
A lot of 'oh cool' and then 'oh crap' moments this morning as the spoilers came out...

The biggest 'win' for me thus far is Mana Crypt, that I sold off my copies already, and would be happy to re-buy into at a reasonable price.

Will be taking a 'loss' with a couple each of Jace, Gamble, Sneak Attack, and FoW that I still have.

Show and Tell will be interesting to watch for (among some others), where it could quickly bounce up $20+ if not on the list, or drop down $20+ if it is there. I sold one and kept one to hedge my bet. ;-)

LandDestroyer
posted May 23, 2016 12:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I feel like I should have hedged a little by making some bets on what they would/wouldn't print.

Like I don't own any Goblin Guides so I'd be that they would reprint them. That way if I lose the bet I get easier access to a card I want to offset....but then bet that they WOULD reprint JTMS so when they did my loss in value would be made up by winning the bet :-P

thror
posted May 23, 2016 01:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
waiting to see flusterstorm on the list, big mistake if it isnt imo.

going to be nice to pick up a few misc cards for myself from this, regardless of the 'loss' im taking from jace/fow etc. not like i was going to sell them off any time soon anyway.

aethertech
posted May 23, 2016 03:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
EMA Spoilers, Day one.

I am now a poor boy.

LandDestroyer
posted May 23, 2016 03:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I think they spoiled most of the good cards today to drive pre-orders to help LGS. It'll be like with MMA 2015 where we quickly realize it isn't as good as we hoped

aethertech
posted May 23, 2016 07:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
And now all the preorder prices are spiking. My friend who preordered a case, just got his order canceled, and I quote "The [so and so gaming store I won't name,] will not be receiving as many cases of Eternal Masters as we initially thought. We are sorry to have to cancel your order due to decrease in the amount of cases we will be able to get."

Here's the kicker. I know for a fact he was the very first person to pre-order it.

Goodbye business at that store.

iccarus
posted May 23, 2016 09:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by superpup:
A lot of 'oh cool' and then 'oh crap' moments this morning as the spoilers came out...

The biggest 'win' for me thus far is Mana Crypt, that I sold off my copies already, and would be happy to re-buy into at a reasonable price.

Will be taking a 'loss' with a couple each of Jace, Gamble, Sneak Attack, and FoW that I still have.

Show and Tell will be interesting to watch for (among some others), where it could quickly bounce up $20+ if not on the list, or drop down $20+ if it is there. I sold one and kept one to hedge my bet. ;-)

I have one crypt left out of the four I had at one point...the four I bought as a playset for $10 back around 2001. The reprint is not hurting my feelings too much.

I'm sad to see some value lost in my collection...but I also realize I'm probably not going to be getting rid of a lot of those cards anytime soon. Also, most of them I obtained well before prices on older stuff went crazy. I've had the bulk of my vintage stuff since around 2001.

I'm also super happy to possibly pick up some stuff I missed out on and have no felt like paying much to get. Toxic Deluge is on that list. As has been mentioned, I'm really hoping for that Flusterstorm reprint as well.

caquaa
posted May 23, 2016 09:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
A bunch of nice cards spoiled. First thing I think is, "Neat, I need to buy some boxes!"

After thinking about it a little longer, I own most of this stuff. The cards I do want, I want in foil so opening boxes doesn't make sense. Reasonable chance I just pass on buying this set and buy the foils I want.... assuming they don't screw up the foiling process.

LandDestroyer
posted May 24, 2016 06:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
A bunch of nice cards spoiled. First thing I think is, "Neat, I need to buy some boxes!"

After thinking about it a little longer, I own most of this stuff. The cards I do want, I want in foil so opening boxes doesn't make sense. Reasonable chance I just pass on buying this set and buy the foils I want.... assuming they don't screw up the foiling process.

that's where i landed. i talked myself out of going to my lgs and buying the lottery ticket these are. i'll let someone else open trash and trade them for the 1 good card they open out of 3 boxes.

they said on twitter it uses the normal foiling process not the jacked up ones

aethertech
posted May 24, 2016 07:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
The spoilers keep coming - and they are litterally just listing all the expensive cards I've been buying or trading for in the last year.

rip mtg financial decisions.

But cheaper Vampiric Tutors, & Entombs, is nice.

iccarus
posted May 24, 2016 07:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The inclusion of Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, and Entomb probably kills my hopes of a Demonic Tutor reprint slipping in. I'm guessing we'll get Mystical Tutor to "finish" the cycle.

Worldgorger at Mythic? I forsee some saltiness on that one. OTJ was so long ago. Was that card a problem in limited at all? I can't understand why it would need to be mythic.

Also...come on Serum Visions!

coasterdude84
posted May 24, 2016 07:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
The inclusion of Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, and Entomb probably kills my hopes of a Demonic Tutor reprint slipping in. I'm guessing we'll get Mystical Tutor to "finish" the cycle.

Worldgorger at Mythic? I forsee some saltiness on that one. OTJ was so long ago. Was that card a problem in limited at all? I can't understand why it would need to be mythic.

I'd guess Worldly as well. As for Worldgorger, if Animate Dead pops up in this, then yes, the dragon needs to be mythic.

aethertech
posted May 24, 2016 07:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:

Well, we technically did get a Demonic Tutor reprint in Divine vs. Demonic...

aethertech
posted May 24, 2016 08:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
Karakas, Balance, Top.
And Dack Fayden

superpup
posted May 24, 2016 08:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for superpup Click Here to Email superpup Send a private message to superpup Click to send superpup an Instant MessageVisit superpup's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View superpup's Have/Want ListView superpup's Have/Want List
Yay for more Tops to pick up cheaper, boo for the value of the Tops I already have. One of my favorites, I put one in as many casual decks as I can (so have quite a few but could use more).

Like has been said, I shouldn't worry too much about value lost on cards I didn't plan to sell any time soon anyway, but can't help it. If I can pick up some goodies now at about 1/2 the cost that I could before, then hopefully worth it.

Control Magic at a Rare -- good card for limited but crappy for pack buying (not everything can be a cash winner, but still...) ... I'm sure that is what I will get as my rare in the first pack I buy.

11 of a probable 15 mythics revealed thus far.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by superpup on May 24, 2016]

A1phaMale
posted May 24, 2016 10:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Value-wise, how do y'all think this set will compare to MM1 and MM2 when those sets were first released? There was a lot of crap in the MM sets and I'm seeing more useful cards in this set, with perhaps three expensive non-foil cards (FoW, Karakas, and Mana Crypt); however, these cards pale in comparison to the price of Tarmogoyf.

aethertech
posted May 24, 2016 10:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by A1phaMale:
Value-wise, how do y'all think this set will compare to MM1 and MM2 when those sets were first released? There was a lot of crap in the MM sets and I'm seeing more useful cards in this set, with perhaps three expensive non-foil cards (FoW, Karakas, and Mana Crypt); however, these cards pale in comparison to the price of Tarmogoyf.

EMA is going to beat MM2 at the very least, and most likely run by MM1.

Foil Mana Crypts, Foil Karakas, Foil FoW, Foil Vampiric Tutor, Foil Dack, Foil Animate Dead, foil Dualcaster Mage, foil Mishra's Factory, foil Balance, foil Top, foil Entomb, foil Enlightend Tutor, foil Maze of Ith, foil Sylvan Library, foil Toxid Deluge, foil Gamble, foil JTMS, foil Charbelcher, foil Deathrite, foil Necropotence, foil Sneak Attack, foil Chrome Mox, foil Daze, foil Wasteland.

And that's just the foil versions of what is currently spoiled.

For reference, here's both MM1 and MM2's current high-ticket items: All of which WotC can easily reprint in supplemental products any time they want. A lot of them also fit into regular sets.

http://mtg.dawnglare.com/?p=viz&s=MMA|MM2

[Edited 1 times, lastly by aethertech on May 24, 2016]

chaos021
posted May 24, 2016 12:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by A1phaMale:

Right now, it's already crapping on MM2015. As long as the printing process isn't as bad as it was in MM2, and the chance for foils isn't as screwed up, I think EMA is going to crush sales for WotC and be pretty good value for players buying in just based on what's been released. Now if they release a string of garbage from here on out, all bets are off.

My major concern is literally the printing process. If it's anything close to the crap they pulled in MM2015, I'm out. It's also why I don't want to preorder any of it. I need to know what it's going to feel and look like to drop that kind of money on it.

Sale Thread

Rabid Wo1f
posted May 24, 2016 05:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by superpup:
Yay for more Tops to pick up cheaper, boo for the value of the Tops I already have. One of my favorites, I put one in as many casual decks as I can (so have quite a few but could use more).

Like has been said, I shouldn't worry too much about value lost on cards I didn't plan to sell any time soon anyway, but can't help it. If I can pick up some goodies now at about 1/2 the cost that I could before, then hopefully worth it.

Control Magic at a Rare -- good card for limited but crappy for pack buying (not everything can be a cash winner, but still...) ... I'm sure that is what I will get as my rare in the first pack I buy.

11 of a probable 15 mythics revealed thus far.

I can't wait to see the new art foiled. I'll bet it will be gorgeous.

caquaa
posted May 24, 2016 06:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
they said on twitter it uses the normal foiling process not the jacked up ones

I did see that, however I can't trust that tweet until I see it with my own eyes. Some people just don't see the difference between MM1 and MM2 foil goyf, but I sure as hell do. When MM2 list was spoiled, I had a reasonably sized want list. As soon as I saw the MM2 foils, I ended up wanting 0.

iccarus
posted May 25, 2016 08:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
TIM!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by iccarus on May 25, 2016]

harbingerofthevoid
posted May 25, 2016 08:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
Funny that they are reprinting Giant Tortoise as my first opponent in my first tournament back in like late '94(?) ran that. All I really remember was not being to get around his turtle and him winning eventually.

MOTL Tools Chrome Extension

LandDestroyer
posted May 25, 2016 10:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I'm surprised this much activity hasn't crashed MOTL again....

my updated list

"I've started a section in my box of cards that are now worth less than what I paid for them and thus I'll just never get rid of.

Population is currently:

Due to being reprinted in Eternal Masters:

8 Wasteland
5 Force of will
1 mana crypt
4 jace tms
4 Dack Fayden
2 Karakas
4 Chain lightning (english)
jeez, uncommon? painful
7ish ichorid (1 foil, 6 non-foil)
2 Vindicate
2-4 Entomb including judge foil
1 World Gorge Dragon
2 Maze of Ith
3-4 toxic deluge
1 necropotence
1 Vampiric tutor
4-8 Enlightened Tutor
4 Cabal therapy
4 shardless agent
4-6 goblin charbelcher
4-8 Mishra's factory
8+ daze
4-8 bloodbraid elf
4-7 chrome mox
xx Wrath of god
8 ish nimble mongoose
2-4 gamble
1 original, a few wb Sylvan Library
4 Sensei's divining top...i'd rather them have banned it than reprinted it
x Nev's disk x counterspell including alpha/beta
over a dozen non-foil and 4 foil Deathrite Shaman
x Animate Dead including Beta
x Balance including Alpha

from previous reprints

4 Thoughtseize (lorywyn)
4 Polluted Delta (Onslaught)
4 Flooded Strand (Onslaught)
4 Wooded Foothills (Onslaught)
4 Bloodstained Mire (Onslaught)
4 Windswept Heath (Onslaught)
4 Stifle
etc

And just bad purchases haha

4 Dualcaster mage/55 twinflame (don't judge me)
over a dozen non-foil and 4 foil Abrupt Decay
some non-zero # of sneak attack...probaly 1-3
and anything from standard that isn't played heavily in modern

And high risk cards, some of which already went down on EMA announcement like Show & Tell:

Imperial Recruiter
Show and tell
rishadan port
mana drain
grim tutor
dark depths

Cards I'm HOPING get reprinted in EMA

Imperial Seal
The filter lands like mystic gate for miracles
thorn of amethyst
sphere of resistence
Goblin guide
Mishra's Bauble
Damnation (come on, please...we've only been asking forever)
"

Edit: So...now that according to the number crunching the Zendikar Fetch lands are out...the people who'd been waiting to buy going into modern PPTQ season will be buying fetches. So this should drive up prices, right. I've got 4 original Zen Foil Verdant Catacombs I've been debating when to trade and what all for.

Also:

http://i.imgur.com/16AC3Gm.png

[Edited 5 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on May 25, 2016]

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League