Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Tamiyo's Journal puzzle question

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Tamiyo's Journal puzzle question
Nyarlathotep333
posted May 28, 2016 10:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nyarlathotep333 Click Here to Email Nyarlathotep333 Send a private message to Nyarlathotep333 Click to send Nyarlathotep333 an Instant MessageVisit Nyarlathotep333's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So am I missing something with the puzzle numbers on Tamiyo's Journal? I was going to collect one of each number version in foil but so far the only two foil numbers I've seen have been 855 and 653. I've seen other numbers on non-foil versions and prerelease cards, but so far just those two on foil versions.

I know that there are six different numbers: 434, 546, 653, 711, 855, and 922, but I'm not sure if maybe these two numbers only exist on the foil versions and maybe the other numbers exist on the non-foil and prerelease versions?

Does anyone know if all these number versions exist in (non-prerelease) foil?

Mr. Ruboonia
posted June 02, 2016 06:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
Can we take a step back and explain what the puzzle is supposed to be about? I keep hearing about the puzzle but I don't know the story. Something about Emrakul?

Rabid Wo1f
posted June 02, 2016 07:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Ruboonia:
Can we take a step back and explain what the puzzle is supposed to be about? I keep hearing about the puzzle but I don't know the story. Something about Emrakul?

+1. I have no idea what the puzzle is about either.

iccarus
posted June 02, 2016 07:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rabid Wo1f:
+1. I have no idea what the puzzle is about either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4bm66i/soi_puzzle_clue_token_flavor_texts/

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

Rabid Wo1f
posted June 02, 2016 12:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
[URL=https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4bm66i/soi_puzzle_clue_token_flavor_texts/]https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4bm66i/soi_puzzle_clue_token_flavor_texts/[ /URL]

That's actually pretty fascinating.

Nyarlathotep333
posted June 02, 2016 11:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nyarlathotep333 Click Here to Email Nyarlathotep333 Send a private message to Nyarlathotep333 Click to send Nyarlathotep333 an Instant MessageVisit Nyarlathotep333's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yeah, there's still a bunch of theories floating around the various chat boards about it. I was just reading another one today that was theorizing that the clues could be a reference to the Phyrexians as well.

Personally, I hope it isn't the Eldrazi. They just don't have a that classic horror feel that I love about the plane of Innistrad. Probably won't stop me from collecting a foil set even if it is Emrakul that shows up though...WoTC has me hooked like that

The other 'puzzle' was that the divider that came in the prerelease packs had broken images on it that, when combined (in Photoshop or by just placing other dividers together), formed a lantern similar to what some of the Geists carry...no clue what that was about either.

I still haven't seen any other numbers in the regular foils. I'm starting to think that maybe there are two numbers in foil, two in non-foil, and two in prerelease maybe? I've got 546 and 922 in non-foil. I don't own any of the prerelease versions though.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Nyarlathotep333 on June 03, 2016]

iccarus
posted June 03, 2016 07:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Have you looked to see if foreign language versions have different numbers?

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

Nyarlathotep333
posted June 03, 2016 10:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nyarlathotep333 Click Here to Email Nyarlathotep333 Send a private message to Nyarlathotep333 Click to send Nyarlathotep333 an Instant MessageVisit Nyarlathotep333's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Foreign language versions apparently do have different numbers, but I think that was due to making the puzzle work in the different languages. My understanding is that there are six different numbers in English - not sure if that's the case for foreign.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League