Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Your $.02 on the card Mindswipe

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Your $.02 on the card Mindswipe
linktothepast
posted May 02, 2015 08:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for linktothepast Click Here to Email linktothepast Send a private message to linktothepast Click to send linktothepast an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I personally love this card counter spell and direct damage. What's not to like?

flam flawless
posted May 02, 2015 09:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for flam flawless Click Here to Email flam flawless Send a private message to flam flawless Click to send flam flawless an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View flam flawless's Have/Want ListView flam flawless's Have/Want List
Lemme give you a scenario. You anger of the gods turn 6 with 6 lands out, wipe their board and have 3 open. You have mindswipe in hand but no other counters. You pass and their next turn they play a 4-5 drop creature with 6 lands out. Wouldn't you much rather have dissolve or even dissipate?

It does have some uses and is a good card, but much like syncopate, you really need to be ahead on the land drops than them. At most it's a 2 of in a red blue controlish deck.

Edit - English IS one of my strong suits lol

[Edited 2 times, lastly by flam flawless on May 02, 2015]

jb231
posted May 03, 2015 07:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jb231 Click Here to Email jb231 Send a private message to jb231 Click to send jb231 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It has very little flexibility and the upside doesn't make it worth the cost. I don't know the meta really well but UR isn't even a contending control mix as far as I know (in standard). This card is actually just a big trap, who cares if you randomly deal 1-2 dmg when it makes your counter spell horrible.

chaos021
posted May 03, 2015 08:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
I actually like Mindswipe, but it can be subpar in some situations. My main problem is that it's almost always bad on the draw.

My Sale Thread

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League