Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  I'll start my own subreddit. With black-jack, and hookers

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I'll start my own subreddit. With black-jack, and hookers
LandDestroyer
posted March 06, 2015 06:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
http://www.reddit.com/r/MOTL/

I figured instead of just posting in the suggestion forum I'd just make it to get the ball rolling.

I decided to do something. Open to suggestions, I've never created my own subreddit and may not have a lot of time this week to further develop it but I will!

I put forth some effort to make some posts exists. Would appreciate some comments and threads started. Then I'll point to it through other subs to draw new people into motl!

[Edited 2 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on March 06, 2015]

Tim05
posted March 10, 2015 11:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tim05 Click Here to Email Tim05 Send a private message to Tim05 Click to send Tim05 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tim05's Have/Want ListView Tim05's Have/Want List
In fact, forget the hookers

chaos021
posted March 10, 2015 02:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Tim05:

Wait. What?

My Sale Thread

Tim05
posted March 10, 2015 02:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tim05 Click Here to Email Tim05 Send a private message to Tim05 Click to send Tim05 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tim05's Have/Want ListView Tim05's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:
Wait. What?

His thread title, it's a reference to Bender from Futurama

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Tim05 on March 10, 2015]

chaos021
posted March 10, 2015 05:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
His thread title, it's a reference to Bender from Futurama

I got that. I'm saying let's not?

My Sale Thread

oneofchaos
posted March 10, 2015 10:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

This subreddit will be...off the hook?

LandDestroyer
posted March 11, 2015 04:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
geez Dave and chaos021 the similarity in your names annoys the crap out of me

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on July 26, 2015]

LandDestroyer
posted March 31, 2015 03:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I decided to cross post a tournament report I wrote up into the motl subreddit since I don't see much of this type of discussion on motl these days.

Hell, I'll talk about just about anything these days to drive traffic. eventually if we get more posts in the motl subreddit so it looks real maybe we can get more people to come here via that. if we could create more forums to post on here (some of the places we previously could have are archived) then i'd rather post here. oh well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MOTL/comments/30z7po/modern_2_tournament_reports_in_1_w ith_doran_abzan/

Edit: And one of you took the time to go there and downvote it :-|

[Edited 2 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on April 01, 2015]

dfitzg88
posted April 01, 2015 06:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
And one of you took the time to go there and downvote it :-|

You can always count on us! It wasn't me though, since I have no idea how to do that actually.

LandDestroyer
posted April 01, 2015 06:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dfitzg88:
You can always count on us! It wasn't me though, since I have no idea how to do that actually.

Heh, I could teach you but now I'm afraid :-P

I mean, it's a self-post. I don't even lose karma. I'm only annoyed b/c it makes the entire sub look worse imo :-p This is why we can't have nice things...well that and a lot of other reasons

jellyfishfanatic
posted April 01, 2015 08:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jellyfishfanatic Click Here to Email jellyfishfanatic Send a private message to jellyfishfanatic Click to send jellyfishfanatic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want ListView jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want List
I've never even used reddit. Literally just found out it existed.

LandDestroyer
posted April 01, 2015 08:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by jellyfishfanatic:

RIP: Your free time.

Might I suggest

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/

http://www.reddit.com/r/BacktotheFuture/

edit: just realized the top 4 posts in this forum were started by me and last posts on by me. dangit i look like a spammer. Geez, just trying to give people a reason to come here and discuss :-p

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on April 01, 2015]

dfitzg88
posted April 02, 2015 10:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
just realized the top 4 posts in this forum were started by me and last posts on by me. dangit i look like a spammer. Geez, just trying to give people a reason to come here and discuss :-p

it's better than having an empty Magic Discussion forum. This time next month the only threads we'll see are those 4. THEN you'll look like a spammer.

LandDestroyer
posted April 02, 2015 11:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dfitzg88:
it's better than having an empty Magic Discussion forum. This time next month the only threads we'll see are those 4. THEN you'll look like a spammer.

oh man. for the love of zendikar please someone start some new threads

revenger
posted April 02, 2015 05:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Send a private message to revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
quote:
oh man. for the love of zendikar please someone start some new threads

I do not think I will start new threads, but I can necro some.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

LandDestroyer
posted April 02, 2015 05:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by revenger:
I do not think I will start new threads, but I can necro some.

I'll allow it

Edit: You're doing fine work. Fine work indeed.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on April 02, 2015]

jellyfishfanatic
posted April 02, 2015 09:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jellyfishfanatic Click Here to Email jellyfishfanatic Send a private message to jellyfishfanatic Click to send jellyfishfanatic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want ListView jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want List
Found the reddit where the guy live-tweeted his wife cheating...so worth the time

EDIT: Because grammar is hard

[Edited 1 times, lastly by jellyfishfanatic on April 02, 2015]

LandDestroyer
posted April 03, 2015 06:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Found the reddit where the guy live-tweeted his wife cheating...so worth the time

EDIT: Because grammar is hard

Link?

DJSmurfy
posted April 04, 2015 08:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DJSmurfy Click Here to Email DJSmurfy Send a private message to DJSmurfy Click to send DJSmurfy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

You're not missing much. I used it for a while, until I got sick of it being a bastion of stupidity.

hilikuS
posted April 06, 2015 08:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by DJSmurfy:
You're not missing much. I used it for a while, until I got sick of it being a bastion of stupidity.

Man I thought it was just me...

Nitelite
posted April 07, 2015 01:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nitelite Click Here to Email Nitelite Send a private message to Nitelite Click to send Nitelite an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I don't think the issue is a reddit thing. I think anytime a large community is commenting on something, you will find some terrible comments, some informed and reasonable ones, some trolling, etc. Maybe the subject the community is based around influence the degree of one type of post over another but that is what mods are for.

Tim05
posted April 07, 2015 07:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tim05 Click Here to Email Tim05 Send a private message to Tim05 Click to send Tim05 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tim05's Have/Want ListView Tim05's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Nitelite:
I don't think the issue is a reddit thing. I think anytime a large community is commenting on something, you will find some terrible comments, some informed and reasonable ones, some trolling, etc. Maybe the subject the community is based around influence the degree of one type of post over another but that is what mods are for.

This.

Jelly, also check out the TIFU board. Some really hilarious stories over there, even if some appear to be fictional.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League