Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Help me pick a Standard deck!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Help me pick a Standard deck!
Mibu's Wolf
posted April 03, 2015 12:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mibu's Wolf Click Here to Email Mibu's Wolf Send a private message to Mibu's Wolf Click to send Mibu's Wolf an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mibu's Wolf's Have/Want ListView Mibu's Wolf's Have/Want List
Hey, so I don't know much about the new standard now that Khans block is in. During RRV/THS I had a white weenie deck that was actually fairly effective while still being relatively cheap and easy to build. I'm looking for another deck that isn't going to break the bank, but that will be fun and relatively effective.

Are they any viable single or dual color decks right now? I'd like to avoid a color wedge if possible. I'm a fairly versatile player; I enjoy aggro, midrange, and control. If it's fun and relatively effective, I'll enjoy playing it.

Also, the whole budget thing isn't an absolute necessity. If there's a crazy fun deck that'll cost to build, I may do it anyway. So sell me on your deck, or sell me on the deck that beat your deck.

dfitzg88
posted April 03, 2015 12:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dfitzg88's Have/Want ListView dfitzg88's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Mibu's Wolf:
Hey, so I don't know much about the new standard now that Khans block is in. During RRV/THS I had a white weenie deck that was actually fairly effective while still being relatively cheap and easy to build. I'm looking for another deck that isn't going to break the bank, but that will be fun and relatively effective.

Are they any viable single or dual color decks right now? I'd like to avoid a color wedge if possible. I'm a fairly versatile player; I enjoy aggro, midrange, and control. If it's fun and relatively effective, I'll enjoy playing it.

Also, the whole budget thing isn't an absolute necessity. If there's a crazy fun deck that'll cost to build, I may do it anyway. So sell me on your deck, or sell me on the deck that beat your deck.

The first big DTK standard tournament, SCG Richmond, had a very wide range of decks in the top 8

Top 8

Personally, I still like the Green/White devotion list, which I played before DTK was released, although I haven't tested with Deathmist Raptor or Dromoka's Command. Mastery of the Unseen was insane, but now people have so much maindecked enchantment hate, it seems better to invest in a control deck if you plan on holding onto it for a while.

the advantage to a blue/black control deck is that the biggest expenses are thoughtseize, polluted delta, dig through time, and ugin, which will maintain their prices or even increase over time.

Prices you can expect to pay on decks in the top 8 i linked to:
Abzan midrange: 320
Sultain Reanimator: 270
Abzan Aggro: 310
GW Devotion: 290
Jeskai Tokens: 210
Abzan Control: 330
RG Midrange: 240
Red Deck Wins: 100

[Edited 2 times, lastly by dfitzg88 on April 03, 2015]

Mibu's Wolf
posted April 03, 2015 01:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mibu's Wolf Click Here to Email Mibu's Wolf Send a private message to Mibu's Wolf Click to send Mibu's Wolf an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mibu's Wolf's Have/Want ListView Mibu's Wolf's Have/Want List
Thanks for the link and the advice. I'll probably build RDW for the short-term and then maybe look at something more complicated/expensive if the mood strikes.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League