Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  What is preventing people from buying chinese fakes, getting them altered, selling?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   What is preventing people from buying chinese fakes, getting them altered, selling?
LandDestroyer
posted March 06, 2015 09:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I'm concerned about whether people are buying the chinese fakes, altering them, and selling them saying they look diff b/c of alters.

Has anyone addressed this issue? is it a concern I should have?

A1phaMale
posted March 06, 2015 09:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is anything that would stop them and it would be more difficult to verify if it was legitimate.

My philosophy is: don't ever buy a card that has been altered by someone besides the artist.

LandDestroyer
posted March 06, 2015 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by A1phaMale:
I don't think there is anything that would stop them and it would be more difficult to verify if it was legitimate.

My philosophy is: don't ever buy a card that has been altered by someone besides the artist.

though i agree, you don't know for sure who did the alter. plus you can get chinese fakes altered by the artist

caquaa
posted March 07, 2015 01:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
the backs of cards aren't altered

Pail42
posted March 07, 2015 07:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Most of the alters I see on eBay aren't tournamment legal anyway because they replace the orginal art.

MTR section 3.3:
Artistic modifications are acceptable in sanctioned tournaments, provided that the modifications do not make the card unrecognizable, contain substantial strategic advice, or contain offensive images. Artistic modifications also may not obstruct or change the mana cost or name of the card.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League