Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Selling Complete sets on MOTL

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Selling Complete sets on MOTL
slurpee
posted February 03, 2015 10:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
I have decided to really downsize and have accumulated some of the older complete sets 4th-Torment. When I used to list them on here I had almost zero luck finding buyers. Anyone had a positive experience?

jellyfishfanatic
posted February 03, 2015 10:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jellyfishfanatic Click Here to Email jellyfishfanatic Send a private message to jellyfishfanatic Click to send jellyfishfanatic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want ListView jellyfishfanatic's Have/Want List
Contact Child of Gaea.

He loves complete sets.

headumpire
posted February 04, 2015 06:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for headumpire Click Here to Email headumpire Send a private message to headumpire Click to send headumpire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
BIN on ebay is the best. Will find a buyer if you are the lowest price

Child of Gaea
posted February 05, 2015 04:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Child of Gaea Click Here to Email Child of Gaea Send a private message to Child of Gaea Click to send Child of Gaea an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Child of Gaea's Have/Want ListView Child of Gaea's Have/Want List
I love to assemble sets. However, I this problem with hoarding them... However, in the past when I have bought complete sets, I totally agree with headumpire . The first thing I would look for is BIN prices and if they werent acceptable I would start bidding. The lowest BIN always got my consideration though. In my opinion, for a huge seller like you, it would be an option towards getting rid of a ton of cards you otherwise would never get rid of. I do not think there is a huge market for older sets, as I didnt really get into too many bid wars, but there is people like me out there...

majicman
posted February 06, 2015 12:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for majicman Click Here to Email majicman Send a private message to majicman Click to send majicman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View majicman's Have/Want ListView majicman's Have/Want List
So, from a "collectors" perspective, condition for sets is of utmost importance.

I've got way too many sets myself (I already have play sets of everything from Dark to Scourge, thanks to a collection I acquired a few years ago that had all the $10 and above cards removed - I already had them so it was a perfect match).

I have slowing been selling my other extra sets as I had already accumulated those same sets before the acquisition and it is a slow process on MOTL trying to find a buyer.

Every once in a while you will find someone who wants to buy complete sets here and if reasonable, they will sell. As previously stated, Ebay is your best bet for liquidation of those.

Good luck....Greg

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League