Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Why do CardKingdom's auctions for power usually end lower than others?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Why do CardKingdom's auctions for power usually end lower than others?
LandDestroyer
posted January 27, 2015 11:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Recently I was browsing completed ebay auctions to get an idea how low you can get power for if you're patient, especially since prices have fallen off their highs this month for played power.

I noticed most of the lowest ending auctions were Cardkingdom's even if they weren't the ones in the worst condition. Any idea why? They've been around forever so I wouldn't think it's a trust issue.

Sidenote...I just got outbid on a lotus with 2 seconds left and the bid that outbid me was the winning/final bid. Man, it has been 10 years since I had a lotus...can't they just let me be :-P

PS. You'd think they'd have noticed this trend too and maybe started a deal of the day on their website to try and sell stuff before putting it on ebay and not only risk getting low bids but also losing money to paypal fees.

Seriously. The only Unlimited Black Lotus on their site they are asking $4,799.99 for and it's in EX condition
http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/item/13017

I got outbid on this one that ended for $225.23
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361192212542?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l4454&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI361192212542.N15.S2.M-9.R1.TR19.R1.TR19

They are going to lose money from ebay fees, paypal fees, they are paying shipping. Just surprised

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on January 27, 2015]

dwiz
posted January 27, 2015 02:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
I assume they'll haggle with you over price if you call and talk to a manager like the other stores will do. I've saved 8% on a couple of $3,000 orders by doing so.

oldschool
posted January 27, 2015 04:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oldschool Click Here to Email oldschool Send a private message to oldschool Click to send oldschool an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
people got confused and a bit crazy over SCG crazy price increase overnight that doubled the price of power. Now its coming back down to earth and retail stores will eventually adjust from fantasy SCG prices (not a single lotus sold by SCG at their "new prices"). Lotus is nice, going from 4000 to 8000 overnight was full retard and completely unjustified.

LandDestroyer
posted January 27, 2015 09:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by oldschool:
people got confused and a bit crazy over SCG crazy price increase overnight that doubled the price of power. Now its coming back down to earth and retail stores will eventually adjust from fantasy SCG prices (not a single lotus sold by SCG at their "new prices"). Lotus is nice, going from 4000 to 8000 overnight was full retard and completely unjustified.

Ya. GP Richmond spiked modern prices. people wisely sold of modern and bought vintage. that spiked vintage prices. then people speculated on vintage cards when vintage masters was announced/released. this raised prices more. now people are flipping their vintage stuff and prices are coming back down. they won't go down to where they were a year ago but they'll get closer. but this is mostly for played stuff. NM stuff will still hold a high premium

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League