Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Fake Duals From China - Ebay Incognito!!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Fake Duals From China - Ebay Incognito!!
kingtal0n
posted January 02, 2015 09:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for kingtal0n Click Here to Email kingtal0n Send a private message to kingtal0n Click to send kingtal0n an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View kingtal0n's Have/Want ListView kingtal0n's Have/Want List
What do you think

http://www.ebay.com/sch/mtg.trading/m.html?item=221650211795&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l 2562

Hundreds of mint dual lands some without close clear pictures... Looks suspicious coming out of china from a newish ebay account. They look that good??!!

Check his feedback.. nothing from the last year. So it looks like he wants to make a quick couple thousands dollars before anyone catches on. I bet the account is stolen.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by kingtal0n on January 02, 2015]

aethertech
posted January 02, 2015 10:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
I'm not an expert; but based on simple visual inspection of the one a volcanic island that account is selling; and a Volcanic Islands I found from google and ebay [such as this one http://www.powernine.com/cardimages/Revised/Dual/40NMEX/VolcanicIsland.4.jpg ] it does appear to lack the distinctive printing pattern associated with MTG cards of that era. HOWEVER, due to the quality of the available image on the ebay listing, I can't be absolutely sure on that claim.

There are a few other things that stand out to me - text box clarity, picture sharpness, general color of the card.

Again, this is just an opinion I have based on visual evidence that I can see via digital medium [computer screen] based on somewhat inconsistent overall evidence due to older cards having a variety of printing issues.

The account you posted though, does look suspect.

it should also be noted, that an unlimited trop island is used for the picture of a revised listing - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mtg-1x-Tropical-Island-Revised-Near-Mint-Dual-Land-/221650216340?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item339b61e594

[Edited 1 times, lastly by aethertech on January 02, 2015]

kingtal0n
posted January 02, 2015 10:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for kingtal0n Click Here to Email kingtal0n Send a private message to kingtal0n Click to send kingtal0n an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View kingtal0n's Have/Want ListView kingtal0n's Have/Want List
it just seems like a huge red flag to me... a bunch of mint duals from china? Whats a chinese person doing on an account with no activity for over a year with a bunch of english mint duals for sale.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by kingtal0n on January 02, 2015]

dwiz
posted January 02, 2015 01:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by kingtal0n:
it just seems like a huge red flag to me... a bunch of mint duals from china? Whats a chinese person doing on an account with no activity for over a year with a bunch of english mint duals for sale.

The seller is actually located in Brazil. I'm not sure where the China came from. 100% chance this is a scam.

paragondave
posted January 02, 2015 03:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Obviously fake, report them to ebay.

Krieg
posted January 03, 2015 01:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Krieg Click Here to Email Krieg Send a private message to Krieg Click to send Krieg an Instant MessageVisit Krieg's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
The seller is actually located in Brazil. I'm not sure where the China came from. 100% chance this is a scam.

China is listed in the auctions as the "item location"
in the shipping section

dwiz
posted January 03, 2015 02:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Krieg:
China is listed in the auctions as the "item location"
in the shipping section

If you click on his feedback number, it says the seller is in Brazil, and additionally, the user name was just changed before he started selling magic cards. Hacked account.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League