Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Trimming the corners of CE and IE cards

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Trimming the corners of CE and IE cards
Scuderia88
posted October 06, 2014 02:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Scuderia88 Click Here to Email Scuderia88 Send a private message to Scuderia88 Click to send Scuderia88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hi guys

Maybe there are already other threads being opened for that request but anyway, here's what I'd like to know:

I have bought a set of CE P9 because the prices of 'original' ones went up so high that they became unafordable for me.

Now, I'd like them to look, of course, like their tournament legal counterparts and trimm the corners like Beta.

How could I do that to get the most effective and satisfying result?
I know there are some corner trimmers out there but has anyone experiences with those?

Thanks for any help.
Alessio

Magiclydelcious
posted October 06, 2014 06:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Magiclydelcious Click Here to Email Magiclydelcious Send a private message to Magiclydelcious Click to send Magiclydelcious an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Magiclydelcious's Have/Want ListView Magiclydelcious's Have/Want List
Trade the undamaged ones you have to someone who has already clipped the corners.. that way you don't ruin your cards and you don't destroy another set of CE.

Plus you can usually get a premium since yours are NM and theirs would not be due to clipped corners.

I collect Foil Delver of Secrets, check em out Here

Scuderia88
posted October 06, 2014 06:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Scuderia88 Click Here to Email Scuderia88 Send a private message to Scuderia88 Click to send Scuderia88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I would agree with that if my copies were Nm. But the ones I got yesterday (all 6 Artifacts) are already inked along the borders, so it doesn't matter at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Magiclydelcious:
Trade the undamaged ones you have to someone who has already clipped the corners.. that way you don't ruin your cards and you don't destroy another set of CE.

Plus you can usually get a premium since yours are NM and theirs would not be due to clipped corners.

Jubert39
posted October 06, 2014 06:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jubert39 Click Here to Email Jubert39 Send a private message to Jubert39 Click to send Jubert39 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Jubert39's Have/Want ListView Jubert39's Have/Want List
if you are going to clip them, id just use nail clippers and sorta work your way around it.

nedleeds
posted October 06, 2014 08:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nedleeds Click Here to Email nedleeds Send a private message to nedleeds Click to send nedleeds an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Can't you get a die cutter with the round of magic cards? I think they are for sale on the internet.

chapman24
posted October 10, 2014 10:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for chapman24 Click Here to Email chapman24 Send a private message to chapman24 Click to send chapman24 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chapman24's Have/Want ListView chapman24's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Jubert39:
if you are going to clip them, id just use nail clippers and sorta work your way around it.

This is what I did and it looks good, be sure to have clean sharp clippers

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League