Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Protection for unopened boosters

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Protection for unopened boosters
nyamane
posted June 12, 2014 10:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nyamane Click Here to Email nyamane Send a private message to nyamane Click to send nyamane an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
There's lots of good choices when it comes to protecting individual cards out there but I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to hold and protect an unopened booster pack.

Some of the older boosters are really fragile and it would be a shame if the edges got frayed or ripped...

Is there anything like a toploader for boosters ?

Cheers,
Norm

AGO
posted June 13, 2014 04:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
I do believe they make 4 pocket binder pages you can put your unopened packs into. They would probably help protect them.

nyamane
posted June 13, 2014 06:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nyamane Click Here to Email nyamane Send a private message to nyamane Click to send nyamane an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A good idea. I've started to look around for storage solutions for postcard/photos that may be adaptable to boosters.

I guess that my main worry here is that these kind of pages are made for single page items whereas a booster may be too thick and could easily fall out. Hmmm ... maybe they make such products with flaps that could be closed like mylar sleeves for comics ??

Animosity
posted June 13, 2014 07:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Animosity Click Here to Email Animosity Send a private message to Animosity Click to send Animosity an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If you have a bunch you can just use an old booster box or use a small white box. If you want to display them in your home I would suggest maybe framing them.

drut02
posted June 14, 2014 07:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for drut02 Click Here to Email drut02 Send a private message to drut02 Click to send drut02 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View drut02's Have/Want ListView drut02's Have/Want List
Try your local sports card store, they make pretty wide top loaders for the really thick stock cards (180pt I believe is the largest)... Should be plenty thick enough for booster, just not sure if they would be long enough to cover 100% of the booster but worth a look either way. I think it's like 3-4 bucks for a pack of 20 or so, at least in my area.

ogre
posted June 15, 2014 04:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ogre Click Here to Email ogre Send a private message to ogre Click to send ogre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ogre's Have/Want ListView ogre's Have/Want List
Are there any binder pages that hold top loaders well? Was thinking about this for displaying sets of cards that you don't want people to destroy while looking through a binder.

As far as booster packs go, I just use empty booster boxes as suggested. If you wanted to display them you could probably make a plastic stand like they use for single card holders, I might give that a shot actually.

Jesse

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League