Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Other Trading Sites

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Other Trading Sites
CrazyBones
posted March 14, 2014 02:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBones Click Here to Email CrazyBones Send a private message to CrazyBones Click to send CrazyBones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CrazyBones's Have/Want ListView CrazyBones's Have/Want List
I'm starting to get back into trading and as usual will be using this site primarily.

That being said, I occasionally need a specific card that isn't always available here and I think it's time I started to broaden my horizons.

So....what other trading sites would you recommend and why?

jbark
posted March 14, 2014 06:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Ebay

psrex
posted March 14, 2014 06:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've found that tcgplayer.com often has cheaper cards than Ebay, so I'd recommend that as well.

For trading I've moved to deckbox.org.

mm1983
posted March 15, 2014 11:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
Ebay or TCG for buying. Usually just compare the 2 for best pricing.

CrazyBones
posted March 15, 2014 12:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBones Click Here to Email CrazyBones Send a private message to CrazyBones Click to send CrazyBones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CrazyBones's Have/Want ListView CrazyBones's Have/Want List
Just looking for other "trading" sites.

I'll check out Deckbox, thanks.

nylarotep
posted March 18, 2014 10:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
pojo.biz and mtg salvation

[Edited 1 times, lastly by nylarotep on March 18, 2014]

JesusChristMD
posted March 18, 2014 06:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JesusChristMD Click Here to Email JesusChristMD Send a private message to JesusChristMD Click to send JesusChristMD an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nylarotep:
pojo.biz and mtg salvation

Pojo...shudder....

Demilio
posted March 24, 2014 08:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Demilio Click Here to Email Demilio Send a private message to Demilio Click to send Demilio an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Demilio's Have/Want ListView Demilio's Have/Want List
Is PUCA any good? It seems like a pyramid scheme to me.

yodadoc1234
posted March 24, 2014 04:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yodadoc1234 Send a private message to yodadoc1234 Click to send yodadoc1234 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View yodadoc1234's Have/Want ListView yodadoc1234's Have/Want List
I took a look at Puca myself. I have yet to trade on there. It would be fine if you could build up points easily, but currently there are not enough people with enough wants, or so it seems to me.

thror
posted March 24, 2014 05:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demilio:

everyone here said the same thing, and we ran him off the forums. use at own risk.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

nylarotep
posted March 26, 2014 06:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
quote:

It's fine for turning a bunch of junk into larger cards (i.e. trading up)

Dresden
posted March 26, 2014 08:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dresden Click Here to Email Dresden Send a private message to Dresden Click to send Dresden an Instant MessageVisit Dresden's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Dresden's Have/Want ListView Dresden's Have/Want List
I second mtg salvation. It's probably the other biggest trading site out there, I trade there more than on motl actually - motl's pm inbox limit is weaksauce.

evilempire22
posted March 26, 2014 10:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for evilempire22 Click Here to Email evilempire22 Send a private message to evilempire22 Click to send evilempire22 an Instant MessageVisit evilempire22's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View evilempire22's Have/Want ListView evilempire22's Have/Want List
quote:

I use PucaTrade almost exclusively now, because the cards I am looking for tend to be obscure rares or uncommons for Commander decks. None of which I can effectively trade for on MOTL because no one bothers to list their lesser haves/wants. Coupled with the fact that MOTL can't even get updated in an reasonable amount of time with new sets really drove me away.

Heck, even my good friend harbingerofthevoid had to create a Chrome extension with more functionality than the integrated h/w list search feature of these forums:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026273.html

I used to love trading on MOTL, but it feels like its in a death spiral to me.

It is not difficult to build up a reserve of points on PucaTrade. You just need to be patient. Check the list of cards people want pretty frequently, because others are also looking to get more points.

As an example, I recently sent a bunch of mediocre rares (and quality uncommons) over a couple weeks to build up my stash of points in order to trade for a Brimaz, Mogis, Xenagos and Karametra I need for my collection.

--Evil

hilikuS
posted March 26, 2014 07:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
I second mtg salvation.

Thirded (for selling though). I like to do business there, although since the upgrade I've gotten like no hits.

Aleric
posted March 26, 2014 08:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aleric Click Here to Email Aleric Send a private message to Aleric Click to send Aleric an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aleric's Have/Want ListView Aleric's Have/Want List
I have been doing a lot of trades on facebook lately. There are a number of groups, some better than others. There is a facebook group for posting who the bad traders are. Members of the groups can usually give references when asked. I usually even ask if they are members of MOTL. There is even a MOTL facebook group

psrex
posted March 27, 2014 05:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
There's also a MOTL community on Deckbox, with verification linking your MOTL and Deckbox accounts, so that you can sort of carry over your refs (at least within that community -- others probably don't care).

Esper3k
posted March 29, 2014 04:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Esper3k Click Here to Email Esper3k Send a private message to Esper3k Click to send Esper3k an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've heard good things about Deckbox as well from friends. Haven't gotten around to getting on there yet though since I'm still working on getting established here.

stab107
posted March 29, 2014 05:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by psrex:
There's also a MOTL community on Deckbox, with verification linking your MOTL and Deckbox accounts, so that you can sort of carry over your refs (at least within that community -- others probably don't care).

So you can post your profile here but do members of other communities value your refs? Also, for anyone that wants to find the MOTL community check the forums.

psrex
posted March 29, 2014 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stab107:
So you can post your profile here but do members of other communities value your refs? Also, for anyone that wants to find the MOTL community check the forums.

I sort of doubt that others are going to value your refs much. At least you can join the community and then try to look at the other members there for trades. It used to be easy to find trades within a specific community, and the admins have stated that something like that functionality should be coming back at some point.

JayC
posted April 04, 2014 01:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Puca is the real deal now, I don't think you can slander it anymore with any legitimate facts.

There are tons of people constantly using it on Twitter / FB and showing the results - and I'm talking about actual MTGFinance or MTGPlayers in general, not just randoms trying to promote the site.

I think that it initially looked so different and awkward that a lot of people stayed away but it's proven that it's a real thing and advantageous for many people.

junichi
posted April 04, 2014 02:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
Personally, I would never invest any time or money in PucaTrade. PucaPoint is pretty much a virtual currency with nothing to back it up, and it's only good IF there are enough people believe in it.

Keep in mind, there is no regulation on how much PucaPoint can be in circulation, so as a user, you are relying on the four administrators on PucaTrade to keep an honor system and not give themselves or their buddies free PucaPoints to trade for cards.

At the end of the day, why would anyone want to convert real money/card to a fake currency to make trades, when there are multiple tools out there that allows you to just bypass the fake currency crap!?

"The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ."
—Keldon soldier

[Edited 1 times, lastly by junichi on April 04, 2014]

Pail42
posted April 04, 2014 03:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by junichi:
Keep in mind, there is no regulation on how much PucaPoint can be in circulation, so as a user, you are relying on the four administrators on PucaTrade to keep an honor system and not give themselves or their buddies free PucaPoints to trade for cards.

This is part of why I won't use Puca. Users have no way to stop that from happening.

The other part, and maybe somebody here can explain, is that there's no way to stop a ring of people from cheating. They could gain points by claiming to send cards to other people in the ring (not actually sending) and then use the points to buy cards from honest users.

stab107
posted April 04, 2014 07:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Deckbox no longer lists tcg pricing, which makes it less advantageous to use.

psrex
posted April 04, 2014 07:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Agreed -- Deckbox has become much less useful. I hope that everything gets sorted out and they get decent prices again.

edsillars
posted April 04, 2014 11:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for edsillars Click Here to Email edsillars Send a private message to edsillars Click to send edsillars an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Serious question for pucatrade users:

Assuming that I want to use the site to get rid of extra small to mid value stuff I don't really want/need, and I do so, how can I be sure I'll ever actually get things that I want back? Especially if I'm only looking for higher value legacy/modern staples. I see from the forums that one user received an underground sea and misty rainforest, but how often does that actually happen?

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League