Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  I'm seeking stores that sells singles in the US

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I'm seeking stores that sells singles in the US
Scuderia88
posted February 17, 2014 07:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Scuderia88 Click Here to Email Scuderia88 Send a private message to Scuderia88 Click to send Scuderia88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hi guys

I'm spending my honeymoon in the US with my wife from May 5th to June 6th this year.
Can anybody recommend some stores in the following cities, where I could find singles (especially Japanese Foils and other foreign cards)?

- Frisco
- Vegas
- LA
- Honolulu

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance from Zurich,
Alessio

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Scuderia88 on February 17, 2014]

A1phaMale
posted February 17, 2014 09:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View A1phaMale's Have/Want ListView A1phaMale's Have/Want List
In Honolulu: Da Planet and the other one (can't remember the stores name) is located in the Dole Cannery Mall near downtown. The one in Dole Cannery had at one point a factory sealed booster box of Antiquities and Legends.

thror
posted February 17, 2014 10:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://locator.wizards.com/

try that. ignore anything like wal-mart.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

mliniscus
posted February 17, 2014 11:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mliniscus Click Here to Email mliniscus Send a private message to mliniscus Click to send mliniscus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
In the Los Angeles Area, my two favorite stores:

- Knight Ware is in Studio City, lots of staples, not much in the way of Japanese cards
- MTGDeals is in San Gabriel, lots of staples as well, larger foreign inventory, not sure about foils but they tend to have Japanese staples

paris
posted February 17, 2014 11:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paris Click Here to Email paris Send a private message to paris Click to send paris an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If you're looking for Japanese foils, you'd probably find a lot more at sites like http://www.saitocardshop.com/ or eBay, than at physical stores in the USA.

Magiclydelcious
posted February 17, 2014 11:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Magiclydelcious Click Here to Email Magiclydelcious Send a private message to Magiclydelcious Click to send Magiclydelcious an Instant MessageVisit Magiclydelcious's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Magiclydelcious's Have/Want ListView Magiclydelcious's Have/Want List
Las Vegas:

Action Sports and Comics
Gameworld
Wii Play Games

We have like 10 stores that run magic events, but these 3 have a ton of cards in stock.

Scuderia88
posted February 18, 2014 03:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Scuderia88 Click Here to Email Scuderia88 Send a private message to Scuderia88 Click to send Scuderia88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thank you guys :-)

jbark
posted February 18, 2014 08:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Mtgdeals does a lot on ebay. I see many foreign cards listed there under their name.

TimeBeing
posted February 18, 2014 01:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mliniscus:
In the Los Angeles Area, my two favorite stores:

- Knight Ware is in Studio City, lots of staples, not much in the way of Japanese cards
- MTGDeals is in San Gabriel, lots of staples as well, larger foreign inventory, not sure about foils but they tend to have Japanese staples

I would recommend these too. Knight wares stocks a lot of stuff, its a little cluttered but they are very nice, prices are good, and they will find it for you if they have it (you may need to bring a list instead of browsing)

MTGdeals is a big gun in Socal. Great prices, and they carry sone foreign and foil stuff. Good for the rarer stuff. Not a ton of say power 9, but lots of Legacy and EDH all start. Great people too.

bigbob585
posted February 18, 2014 02:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bigbob585 Click Here to Email bigbob585 Send a private message to bigbob585 Click to send bigbob585 an Instant MessageVisit bigbob585's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm in San Diego and have a ton of stuff. It's right near LA

caquaa
posted February 19, 2014 12:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
http://locator.wizards.com/

try that. ignore anything like wal-mart.

seems like a good idea in theory, but its really hit or miss. Friend and myself drove home from Seattle and had nothing to do so just hit a bunch of shops on the route back. One was a model train shop that had like 2 booster boxes they were selling, like 2 kids playing on the counter. Another was in a town that showed virtually no signs of life, the store was closed on mondays (the day we were there), and peering through the window it certainly didn't look promising.

Given my experience and driving many miles out of the way, I'd recommend calling the stores and make sure they actually are a store that knows mtg is something besides selling a few boosters.

majicman
posted February 19, 2014 12:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for majicman Click Here to Email majicman Send a private message to majicman Click to send majicman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well, if you are in Frisco, you could always swing by CFB in Santa Clara which is about 45 miles South. They always have a ton of players there and I am sure plenty of Foreign cards/foils. There is probably a few locations in the city, I just don't have them down as I live in East Bay.

I don't have many Japanese cards, but I have a few other Foreign duals (Brousse) if you are looking for trading and other FBB from that Era.

Hit me up if you want and congratulations!!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by majicman on February 19, 2014]

whocares
posted February 20, 2014 11:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for whocares Click Here to Email whocares Send a private message to whocares Click to send whocares an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View whocares's Have/Want ListView whocares's Have/Want List
at cfb, you need to place the order 1 day in advance for non-type 2 stuff.

Scuderia88
posted February 21, 2014 06:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Scuderia88 Click Here to Email Scuderia88 Send a private message to Scuderia88 Click to send Scuderia88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by majicman:
Well, if you are in Frisco, you could always swing by CFB in Santa Clara which is about 45 miles South. They always have a ton of players there and I am sure plenty of Foreign cards/foils. There is probably a few locations in the city, I just don't have them down as I live in East Bay.

I don't have many Japanese cards, but I have a few other Foreign duals (Brousse) if you are looking for trading and other FBB from that Era.

Hit me up if you want and congratulations!!

Thanks all for your replies!

I'm only looking for foil japanese and other stuff for my Vintage MUD, so my wants list is not very big :-)

CaribooLegend
posted February 27, 2014 03:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CaribooLegend Send a private message to CaribooLegend Click to send CaribooLegend an Instant MessageVisit CaribooLegend's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
We have some foil Japanese on our consignment page:
http://www.bcmagicshop.ca/
And we sell to US.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League