Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  2 rule questions

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   2 rule questions
Purehate28
posted February 11, 2014 12:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Purehate28 Click Here to Email Purehate28 Send a private message to Purehate28 Click to send Purehate28 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So I have two ruling questions.

The first regarding bestowing. Let's say I have a creature of mine bestowed with a Nighthowler. If my opponent uses a "destroy target creature" sorcery or instant, does the Nighthowler he destroyed too?

And second, when I put a creature into play that has "activated abilities" such as "tap: you gain 1 life". If the creature has summoning sickness, can you still activate it's ability?

Louisboy
posted February 11, 2014 01:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Louisboy Click Here to Email Louisboy Send a private message to Louisboy Click to send Louisboy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026189-4.html

Post it here instead of a new thread.

Pail42
posted February 11, 2014 01:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Welcome to MOTL, please use the rules thread if you have any more questions.

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026189-4.html

If your Nighthowler is bestowed on another creature (I'll use a zombie) it is an enchantment. A spell that has "destroy target creature" can kill the zombie. When a creature dies all enchantments on it are normally put in graveyard too, but Bestow has special rules that make you put the Nighthowler onto the battlefield as an "Enchantment Creature". At that point a "destroy target creature" spell can kill Nighthowler.

You can't activate any creature abilities that have a tap symbol on the left side of the ":" if it has summoning sickness.

Purehate28
posted February 11, 2014 02:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Purehate28 Click Here to Email Purehate28 Send a private message to Purehate28 Click to send Purehate28 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Purehate28:
So I have two ruling questions.

The first regarding bestowing. Let's say I have a creature of mine bestowed with a Nighthowler. If my opponent uses a "destroy target creature" sorcery or instant, does the Nighthowler he destroyed too?

And second, when I put a creature into play that has "activated abilities" such as "tap: you gain 1 life". If the creature has summoning sickness, can you still activate it's ability?

Kinda new here, was looking for a "rules" sub-forum and didn't see one. Didn't realize it was just be a single thread.

And I'm still confused. With bestows having special rules with this sort of thing. My question is if the 1/1 zombie is bestowed with a Nighthowler... And a "destroy target creature" spell is used on the 1/1 zombie, does that mean just the 1/1 zombie is destroyed, or do both get sent to the graveyard?

chaos021
posted February 11, 2014 02:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Purehate28:
Kinda new here, was looking for a "rules" sub-forum and didn't see one. Didn't realize it was just be a single thread.

And I'm still confused. With bestows having special rules with this sort of thing. My question is if the 1/1 zombie is bestowed with a Nighthowler... And a "destroy target creature" spell is used on the 1/1 zombie, does that mean just the 1/1 zombie is destroyed, or do both get sent to the graveyard?

POST THIS ON THE LINKED THREAD ABOVE!

My Sale Thread

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League