Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Scans of booster box tops

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Scans of booster box tops
lickaneye
posted November 08, 2013 02:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lickaneye Click Here to Email lickaneye Send a private message to lickaneye Click to send lickaneye an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I figured it would make most sense to post here.

I have an art project I'm working on involving nostalgic Magic booster boxes. I'm curious if anyone here can lend a helping hand by scanning in some box tops for me. Just need a proper sample to see if it's going to turn out how I expect so high quality colored scans would be ideal.
I can pay $1 per scan.

Specifically, I'm looking for the tops from:

Alpha
Beta
Unlimited
Arabian Nights
Legends
Antiquities
The Dark
Revised

slurpee
posted November 08, 2013 03:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Have you thought of just going to goggle and then going to the images section and downloading?

harbingerofthevoid
posted November 08, 2013 03:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
Have you thought of just going to goggle and then going to the images section and downloading?

"... so high quality colored scans would be ideal."

google images probably ain't going to do that.

Might ask paragondave. doesn't he collect boxes/pack wrappers?

lickaneye
posted November 08, 2013 04:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lickaneye Click Here to Email lickaneye Send a private message to lickaneye Click to send lickaneye an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I tried the ones on google images but because of the resolution, they don't work well. Also, most of the images of the box tops were scanned with the shrinkwrap. Looks extremely ugly printed out.

I went as far as using illustrator to change the image but that didn't work very well either =(

Let me know if anyone can help and I'll try to reach out to Paragondave.

paragondave
posted November 08, 2013 06:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I have wrappers from these;

Unlimited
Arabian Nights
Legends
Antiquities
The Dark
Revised

but unfortunately I don't have any of the booster boxes from those editions.

coolio
posted November 08, 2013 08:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
my legends box is italian.. i can get you the arabian scan

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

lickaneye
posted November 08, 2013 08:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lickaneye Click Here to Email lickaneye Send a private message to lickaneye Click to send lickaneye an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Arabian would be awesome.
But need English booster boxes only.
Thanks for your reply Paragondave.

rats60
posted November 08, 2013 08:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List

I have sealed boxes of Antiquities, Legends, Revised and the Dark if you think scans of those will work.

coolio
posted November 10, 2013 04:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
am out this weekend ptq'ing, will ship scan mon

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

dwiz
posted November 10, 2013 07:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
I have beta, I'll do it today.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League