Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  New Magic related kickstarter project went live today

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   New Magic related kickstarter project went live today
Proph3t
posted September 13, 2013 07:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Proph3t Click Here to Email Proph3t Send a private message to Proph3t Click to send Proph3t an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Today a new crowdfunding initiative launched on kickstarter, a project for eCounter & eCounter Avatar, two innovations for Magic the Gathering. Check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/653883082/ecounters-trading-card-gaming-evolved

What's your opinion?

nderdog
posted September 13, 2013 07:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Proph3t:
What's your opinion?

First, trying to push your own project and pretend like you're not attached to it seems a bit tacky. Note, if your email address has the company's name in it, it's easy to figure out.

Second, I'm sure there's a market, but it's going to be relatively small compared to the Magic-playing community in general, I suspect. Most players have a smartphone that can do all this and a lot more with any of several free apps.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

harbingerofthevoid
posted September 13, 2013 08:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
Second, I'm sure there's a market,

yep, you'll make you goal and you'll sell some. But, if my math is right, at ~$12US a pop, that's a lot of cash to drop when my bag of 25˘ dice does the same thing.

*side note, do I or my creature die when the battery dies?

Meddling Pimp
posted September 13, 2013 08:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Meddling Pimp Click Here to Email Meddling Pimp Send a private message to Meddling Pimp Click to send Meddling Pimp an Instant MessageVisit Meddling Pimp's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Meddling Pimp's Have/Want ListView Meddling Pimp's Have/Want List
I will be highly surprised if this gets funded

junichi
posted September 13, 2013 01:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 

"The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ."
—Keldon soldier

gaeacradle
posted September 13, 2013 01:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
Haha Junichi. That was awesome!!

Bagbokk
posted September 13, 2013 01:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Bagbokk's Have/Want ListView Bagbokk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Meddling Pimp:
I will be highly surprised if this gets funded

^

I can see raising a couple thousand, maybe even 10-20k if my estimate of potential demand is horribly wrong, but 49.5k euros? Probably not.

Pail42
posted September 13, 2013 01:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I think you have a cool product and I would buy these, but at the kickstart price it costs too much for me - google tells me that 42 pounds is almost 67 dollars. I would probably buy these at $3 a piece.

quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
First, trying to push your own project and pretend like you're not attached to it seems a bit tacky. Note, if your email address has the company's name in it, it's easy to figure out.

I agree with this.

Proph3t
posted September 14, 2013 04:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Proph3t Click Here to Email Proph3t Send a private message to Proph3t Click to send Proph3t an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
@nderdog / Pail42 - I apologize if in some way I made you feel you were cheated on. I never had the intention to hide who I am. First of all I would not be so stupid to use this email. Plus I would have made sure this wasn't going to be my first post on this forum. Believe me, I had no intentions of hiding or misleading anyone.

The reason why I took this road is because I didn't want this to be a straightforward / all out promotion for the project. Please understand that this a project from Magic players, not business people. I visit many fora, just like you. To find new tricks to find new ideas for decks, to exchange thoughts and to learn about new things such as this project.
Why I posted it here is to get some momentum, of course, but more importantly to get feedback from the community.

Again, I hope I did not affend anyone. No reason to think that would be in my interest. Please keep your feedback coming!

Jazaray
posted September 14, 2013 07:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Next time, try being straightforward. No one likes a deceiver. And we already have a thread for Kickstarter projects. Please post there.

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/017814.html

Thanks,
Jazaray

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League