Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Question regarding eBay

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Question regarding eBay
Kwas
posted December 06, 2013 01:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
Hi,

I just noticed a Mox Emerald (mine…) apparently was sold on eBay for 325$.
I am currently trying to work out a trade with the aforementioned mox, and the other part is arguing that he want's at least a 100$ discount on the card, considering it apparently, stated from 3rd party (nderdog), has a "clean up job" (Can someone elaborate on this please?)

What should I do?

Regards,
Anders

PS: This is the eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-the-Gathering-MTG-Mox-Emerald-Unlimited-/261343897319?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item3cd94f66e7&nma=true&si=iaIQFh8uC7IFK6OKFirYPVxvEvI%253D&orig_c vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Kwas on December 06, 2013]

LandDestroyer
posted December 06, 2013 01:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Honestly I didn't quite follow what you are asking.

Are you saying you got that card from someone who bought it off ebay for $325 and now you're trying to trade it to someone else who wants to only give you $225 for it in trade?!?

Please clarify.

Kwas
posted December 07, 2013 01:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
I just meant that, someone apparently sold my mox on ebay, using the exact same pictures as I took myself, that has only been posted two places:
Here and on the price request group on Facebook.
I was just surprised, that's all.

Regards,
Anders

Devonin
posted December 07, 2013 04:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
So then...what was the question "what do I do?" in reference to, if your only point was that you were surprised?

Do you mean you bought a mox, and now a different person who doesn't have your mox has used pictures of your mox to sell a presumably totally different one?

jbark
posted December 07, 2013 05:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
What he is saying is that his pictures were used to sell a MOX for $325 and the guy wants to only give him $225 for the actual one he has. But there is now a record of a purchase at $325 for the exact condition one he is trying to trade.

Kwas
posted December 07, 2013 05:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
Also, it's not the one I'm trading with that is selling the mox, that's someone unrelated.

However, the pictures have been used in two cases - two topics started by myself (one here, one on fb price request forum), and that's it.

Should I flag it to ebay etc?

jbark
posted December 07, 2013 07:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
People use stock photos all the time. Why they would use yours as a stock photo I don't know. Flag it so eBay is aware but it may all work out for the buyer.

Volcanon
posted December 07, 2013 12:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwas:
Also, it's not the one I'm trading with that is selling the mox, that's someone unrelated.

However, the pictures have been used in two cases - two topics started by myself (one here, one on fb price request forum), and that's it.

Should I flag it to ebay etc?

If you google cards, you'll often get pictures from random stores or forums. He probably googled it and then found your picture that way.

valorale
posted December 09, 2013 01:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for valorale Click Here to Email valorale Send a private message to valorale Click to send valorale an Instant MessageVisit valorale's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Tell whoever is trying to insult you by essentially offering $225 for a mox emerald to f off.

Unless the card id partially destroyed and unsleeve playable, that number is ridiculous.

Bagbokk
posted December 09, 2013 01:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Bagbokk's Have/Want ListView Bagbokk's Have/Want List
1. I'd probably flag the eBay auction if you can, if that seller used your picture then I can only wonder how bad(/fake) the actual mox is that was sold ...

2. That mox is easily worth more than $225, F the guy that wants a $100 discount, lol.

nderdog
posted December 09, 2013 02:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
As the person currently holding on to the card while they try to work on the value, I can provide a little insight into the value discussion.

If you look closely at the outer borders you can see that they aren't entirely straight, and the whitening on the top right isn't an isolated problem, just the most obvious. It definitely appears that someone tried to clean the white borders, maybe to remove sharpie or maybe just because they were dirty, but some light damage to the outer borders was done, so they aren't sure how much that changes the values that were originally agreed on.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

Bagbokk
posted December 09, 2013 03:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Bagbokk's Have/Want ListView Bagbokk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
As the person currently holding on to the card while they try to work on the value, I can provide a little insight into the value discussion.

If you look closely at the outer borders you can see that they aren't entirely straight, and the whitening on the top right isn't an isolated problem, just the most obvious. It definitely appears that someone tried to clean the white borders, maybe to remove sharpie or maybe just because they were dirty, but some light damage to the outer borders was done, so they aren't sure how much that changes the values that were originally agreed on.

Sure, that makes sense. Probably something like 275-300 seems reasonable to me, though I'm not 100% up-to-date on Mox Emerald prices. There's really a certain value that some Vintage/Legacy cards just don't fall below unless it's no longer sleeve-playable. Any Mox falls within that category of cards, so a number like $225 (where the "at least $100 discount" STARTS) was just ridiculous to me given the condition I saw it was in. That's a number that I would snap-buy any Mox on MOTL as long as the seller represented it wasn't fake/unplayable/CE.

nderdog
posted December 09, 2013 03:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Oh, definitely there is a floor for these, I just wanted to be clear that there are issues that aren't easy to catch without having the card in hand.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League