Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  I have a rules question

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I have a rules question
Dancam1
posted August 16, 2013 06:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dancam1 Click Here to Email Dancam1 Send a private message to Dancam1 Click to send Dancam1 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Dancam1's Have/Want ListView Dancam1's Have/Want List
Not sure where to post this honestly.

1. I have a Flagstones of Trokair (time spiral rare that says if this card is put into the graveyard from the Battlefield that I can get a plains card and put it in the battlefield tapped. My question is this: If I cast Scapeshift, which reads sacrifice any number of lands, search your library for that many land cards and put them in play tapped, does that mean that I'd get an extra land?

My thinking is: The Scapeshift gets a land for the Flagstones, and the Flagstones' ability triggers and that gets you a second land. So, if you started out with 4 lands sacrificed to Scapeshift, you'd end up with 5 total lands. And stop me if I am wrong, but, if you got 3 flagstones, they'd trigger and you'd have 8 lands in play after that (5 after Scapeshift resolves + 3 more when the Flagstones trigger). That strikes me as pretty good.

LMK if that works.

Also, is there anything I can read about how long your trade list can be? I have tried to load my collection and I can't seem to do that. And I can't seem to load a want list either. Any reading I can do would be awesome.
thanks
Dan

shwin
posted August 16, 2013 06:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for shwin Click Here to Email shwin Send a private message to shwin Click to send shwin an Instant MessageVisit shwin's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Flagstone is legendary, you cannot sac 3 of it with + 2 other land with scapeshift to fetch 8 land.

What you can do, is sac 5 normal land, fetching 3 flagstone + 2 normal land. Legendary flagstone will trigger and you will get another 3 plains card.

For a total of 5 land in play

*Note*
If you sac a flagstone to scapeshift, the flagstone will resolve after the resolution of scapeshift and not *as the same time*.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by shwin on August 16, 2013]

AEther Storm
posted August 16, 2013 07:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
There is a thread for rulings here:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025903.html

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

nderdog
posted August 16, 2013 07:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AEther Storm:
There is a thread for rulings here:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025903.html

QFT

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League