Magic Discussion
  Legacy players unite!! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Legacy players unite!!
Deathbydrawing
posted May 16, 2013 05:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbydrawing Click Here to Email Deathbydrawing Send a private message to Deathbydrawing Click to send Deathbydrawing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Deathbydrawing's Have/Want ListView Deathbydrawing's Have/Want List
What got YOU into Legacy and what deck(s) do you like to play or go against?

I personally play ANT, Reanimator and Merfolk and i prefer this format over the others because you're not limited to what sets you can and can not play from, only certain cards that can go into your deck.

Also, any Legacy players in Florida?

helpmehelpyou
posted May 16, 2013 05:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for helpmehelpyou Click Here to Email helpmehelpyou Send a private message to helpmehelpyou Click to send helpmehelpyou an Instant MessageVisit helpmehelpyou's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View helpmehelpyou's Have/Want ListView helpmehelpyou's Have/Want List
if i lived closer to chicago i would love to give legacy a shot. but sadly there is no legacy scene within realistic distance to be worth it.

i would totally play enchantress and some form of black/green (no dredge) i dont like dredge.

Vegas10
posted May 16, 2013 07:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by helpmehelpyou:
if i lived closer to chicago i would love to give legacy a shot. but sadly there is no legacy scene within realistic distance to be worth it.

i would totally play enchantress and some form of black/green (no dredge) i dont like dredge.

Besides Pastimes where in Chicago has a legacy scene, I live in NW Indiana about 4o min from the city and know of 0 places running legacy anymore besides pastimes which is a bit far for me to make on the night they run it.

Deathbydrawing
posted May 16, 2013 07:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbydrawing Click Here to Email Deathbydrawing Send a private message to Deathbydrawing Click to send Deathbydrawing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Deathbydrawing's Have/Want ListView Deathbydrawing's Have/Want List
Hey, beats where I live. No shop locally runs Legacy. The only time I get to play it competitively is during a side event at an SCG Open, which is twice to three times a year near where i live.

WeedIan
posted May 16, 2013 08:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I'm playing Shardless BUG right now.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

caquaa
posted May 16, 2013 09:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
I'm playing Shardless BUG right now.

its just a consistent deck w/ game vs anything. I'd recommend either shardless BUG or Punishing Jund if you're looking to win. Sure, other decks can steal wins, but not consistently.

AEther Storm
posted May 16, 2013 11:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
I play Legacy because there is no more Vintage here. And if there is it's a 250km drive. No thank you.

Legacy is more frequent and more versatile. I play Pox, have played Reanimator, RG Zoo and have an old Merfolk deck (pre-vial). Currently working on a Black Vise/Ankh of Mishra rogue deck suitable for Vintage if it ever comes around.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

MagixDK
Banned
posted May 17, 2013 04:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I got into legacy, when the format was announced.

right at first, everyone here played burn, and goblins.

so i played lifegain combo, haha. pretty awesome.

Ive played everything. really everthing. i often try to bring a new deck every time to local bi-weekly events. just for fun, and to get a feel for them.

right now i have these sleeved up: Lands (foiled, pimped), ANT and UWr miracles.

next week im sleeving up the cute foodchain deck

nylarotep
posted May 17, 2013 08:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
I play Dredge.

Aznopium
posted May 17, 2013 10:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
My first legacy deck was Faerie Stompy
i read report by someone playing the deck on the source and they got me into it

Nitelite
posted May 17, 2013 12:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nitelite Click Here to Email Nitelite Send a private message to Nitelite Click to send Nitelite an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Since Vintage tournaments disappeared (though they have been making a comeback locally), Legacy was the natural replacement. Since it is heavily supported in my area, it has been great. I mostly play Reanimator but want to play around with some 43 lands lists.

angryshrub
posted May 17, 2013 10:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for angryshrub Click Here to Email angryshrub Send a private message to angryshrub Click to send angryshrub an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MagixDK:

Ive played everything. really everthing. i often try to bring a new deck every time to local bi-weekly events. just for fun, and to get a feel for them.

The diversity is just really satisfying. I haven't played everything yet, but I've played a lot of decks and aspire to one day be able to say 'everything'

This is why I got into legacy about 2.5 years ago. My collection isn't very pimp, but it includes a playset(s) of just about every legacy staple. It's totally worth taking the plunge (though that's easy to say when you bought u. seas for the 'low' price of 60...)

wayne
posted May 18, 2013 01:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
I play Belcher!

choco man
posted May 18, 2013 02:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
I saw a 90% pimped out Pox deck tonight. It was awesome.

pugowar
posted May 18, 2013 07:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for pugowar Click Here to Email pugowar Send a private message to pugowar Click to send pugowar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View pugowar's Have/Want ListView pugowar's Have/Want List
I never get to play but if I did I would run my semi foiled junk or bug Aggro deck. Something so I can use my judge bobs

psrex
posted May 18, 2013 09:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View psrex's Have/Want ListView psrex's Have/Want List
I have only recently gotten into Legacy as I've largely been a casual player. I like to be able to play with my old cards, and I like the power level and the variety of strategies available. So far in tournaments I've played Turbo Eldrazi (12-post), RUG Delver, Goblin/Burn and a homebrew Natural Order deck. I could play Sneak and Show or Nic Fit, but so far I've run the other decks instead. I really dislike non-interactive combo decks (Hive Mind, High Tide, ANT), so I always build my sideboard to beat them and largely take my chance against other strategies.

kirkusjones
posted May 18, 2013 04:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for kirkusjones Click Here to Email kirkusjones Send a private message to kirkusjones Click to send kirkusjones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I play Dredge (poorly) and Tin Fins

damnthedoodle
posted May 27, 2013 12:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for damnthedoodle Click Here to Email damnthedoodle Send a private message to damnthedoodle Click to send damnthedoodle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View damnthedoodle's Have/Want ListView damnthedoodle's Have/Want List
I play jace decks, esper stoneblade is my deck of choice. Between me and my buddy we have every top tier deck that doesn't have Lion's Eye Diamond built.

Legacy and Cube are the only formats I play because I don't have time to keep current with standard and no one around here plays vintage. I also draft on MODO when I get the itch.

Zakman86
posted May 28, 2013 11:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
I play decks that my opponents can't read. I also play decks that blind my opponent.

JoshSherman
posted May 28, 2013 12:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Have/Want ListView JoshSherman's Have/Want List
I have six decks built. They are:
Elves
Red Deck Wins
Merfolk
Lands
Dredge
Dreadstill

To finish these up, I would need LEDs, Ports, 2 Mox Diamond, maybe an Intuition, and the duals lands-- using shocks now. And I am running 2 Cradles instead of 3 or 4.

topazwarrior
posted May 31, 2013 12:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for topazwarrior Click Here to Email topazwarrior Send a private message to topazwarrior Click to send topazwarrior an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View topazwarrior's Have/Want ListView topazwarrior's Have/Want List
BUG got me into Legacy recently. Currently piloting Shardless BUG b/c, like mentioned before, it has game against the field. Also, its terribly fun to play with . BUG may be expensive, but I like the flexibility for it to change from Aggro, to Midrange, to Control to match the expected meta.

coasterdude84
posted May 31, 2013 01:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vegas10:
Besides Pastimes where in Chicago has a legacy scene, I live in NW Indiana about 4o min from the city and know of 0 places running legacy anymore besides pastimes which is a bit far for me to make on the night they run it.

Actually, Pastimes' weekly Legacy rarely fires. Only their big events trigger. Hotsaucegames, though, hosts it on Monday nights, and I believe they always have a decent showing. I go when I can, but with work I have a hard time getting down there in time, assuming I can find a babysitter.

I started playing Legacy when Onslaught rotated out of Type 2. I remember it was pretty wide open then. Sure, there were certain decks that were more prevalent than others, but you could show up with almost anything and stand a chance. One of the first decks I built was Terra-geddon, which has evolved along with the format from Terra-geddon to Rock to Survival to Maverick back to Rock. That's probably been my favorite part of the format, watching little changes (both good and terrible) to the deck morph it into what it is today.

WeedIan
posted May 31, 2013 01:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I keep playing Shardless BUG its really good but i end up rolling over to fast starts since it doesn't play any 1 Drop besides Deathrites/Thoughteizes/Brainstorms.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Deathbydrawing
posted May 31, 2013 02:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbydrawing Click Here to Email Deathbydrawing Send a private message to Deathbydrawing Click to send Deathbydrawing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Deathbydrawing's Have/Want ListView Deathbydrawing's Have/Want List
Do any of you think Legacy is becoming a dying format since Modern became a format? I know all SCG events in Florida are now Standard for both Saturday and Sunday matches. 2 of my friends actually took apart and sold their Legacy decks and got into Modern since MM is coming out.

oneofchaos
posted May 31, 2013 05:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deathbydrawing:
Do any of you think Legacy is becoming a dying format since Modern became a format? I know all SCG events in Florida are now Standard for both Saturday and Sunday matches. 2 of my friends actually took apart and sold their Legacy decks and got into Modern since MM is coming out.

No. I think most places that had a legacy scene would be STUPID to kill it for modern. I think places that didn't have a legacy scene perhaps picked it up.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League