Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  USPS shipping to Canada... Finally screws me?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   USPS shipping to Canada... Finally screws me?
Traumerei
posted May 14, 2013 06:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Traumerei Click Here to Email Traumerei Send a private message to Traumerei Click to send Traumerei an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Traumerei's Have/Want ListView Traumerei's Have/Want List
Hey guys wonder if you guys have any experiences with this, whether you are an US seller shipping to Canada or a Canadian buyer.

I live in Toronto and recently bought from quite a few users on MOTL. Some cards arriving insanely fast in just PWE shipping, while some packages with bubble mailer and customs number just have not arrived after almost a month. What the hell is wrong with USPS and Canadian Customs? The following two packages are really starting to worry me:

Your item departed our MIAMI, FL 33112 sort facility on April 17, 2013. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

-Processed through USPS Sort Facility, April 16, 2013, 11:24 am, MIAMI, FL 33112
-Dispatched to Sort Facility, April 13, 2013, 2:49 pm, PALM BAY, FL 32907
-Acceptance, April 13, 2013, 11:29 am, PALM BAY, FL 32907

- April 17th, then nothing.

Your Item Status:
Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on April 24, 2013 at 1:28 pm in COS COB, CT 06807. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

-Acceptance, April 24, 2013, 10:39 am, COS COB, CT 06807

-Accepted, then that's it. Really?

Does anyone have experiences with situations like this? What can I do right now? Just don't want to lose hundreds of dollars for nothing, at least want to attempt something.

Thanks guys.

wjuseck
posted May 14, 2013 07:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wjuseck Click Here to Email wjuseck Send a private message to wjuseck Click to send wjuseck an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It is likely stuck in Canadian customs and they didn't update the status. I do not know the specifics of this parcel, but if it is high value or indeterminate value, then they might be investigating it.

You need find the number for your customs depot (mine is JFK Airport), and see if you can find the right human with your tracking info. They could then push it through. It's legwork, but there is nothing the sender can do unfortunately. Since it is likely in your country it is much easier for you to resolve.

Even so, it is the seller's responsibility to get it to you safely. They can do a trace after 30 days of non-activity, but that takes another few weeks to resolve even before they can submit an insurance claim.

Hope it works out!

slurpee
posted May 14, 2013 12:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
3-4 weeks is norm for customs on registered mail. I do find it weird it went to CT and not NY. But as the previous person pointed out it is most likely in customs.

After 30 days and like the previous person pointed out you can open a trace. When this happens this is just a formality as I have NEVER had a package get found at this point EVER. As for the insurance don't get your hopes up on this either unless by some chance the seller bought it which 9 times out of 10 they don't.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by slurpee on May 14, 2013]

Ippon
posted May 19, 2013 07:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ippon Click Here to Email Ippon Send a private message to Ippon Click to send Ippon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yes CT is weird they usually go thru NY

Volcanon
posted May 19, 2013 08:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Can't you check via canada post for what's happened with in on the canadian side? There should be a tracking record if it's not stuck at customs.

People get bent out of shape over delays, but I had a tundra take a month and a half to get to BC from east coast US once.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League